Psi Baba
Homo Skepticalis
- Joined
- Aug 13, 2001
- Messages
- 4,027
That reminded me of:I wonder if you would still like The Beatles if they made albums that were 6 hours of static.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Machine_Music
That reminded me of:I wonder if you would still like The Beatles if they made albums that were 6 hours of static.
I understand Warhol's impact on Art in the last 50 years, his graphic skills and sensibilities are powerful...but does anyone know if he could actually draw or paint in a more classic style? Not asking as a criticism or a need for representational art...I like abstract art a great deal...but I always remember a book on Picasso showing early works of his -- still a kid -- that were very well done drawing of birds, etc. In short, he had skills as a more traditional, represtational artist, but than branched out and created a broader scope of expression.
So, could Warhol draw?
If Andy Warhol had any artistic skill, he sure as hell squandered it in my opinion.
Picasso is different. He went on to abstract things, but they weren't a complete abandonment of the fundamental skills he learned. He also painted and created images by hand while Andy Warhol took existing photos and splattered tacky colors all over them. I seriously doubt Andy Warhol had any skills or knowledge of even the most basic art principles.