Unabogie
Philosopher
Look, people shouldn't feel bad about Breitbart. He's in a better place. And the rest of us still here? We're also in a better place.
It's WIN/WIN!
It's WIN/WIN!
Can you point out any of these 'fundamental misunderstandings'?
Well, to start with, the target of Breitbart's initial post wasn't Sherrod, it was the NAACP. And even in that first post he noted that Sherrod had changed her mind about not helping the white farmers.
So a conspiracy theorist is indeed part of the thread - just not on the side I expected.
You know I started to read that to find where he said Sherrod had changed her mind, but his hateful repetitive style of writing is something I just can't force myself to slog through. Sorry.
His actual record says he dishonestly manipulates recordings.
Or maybe he was so full of venom and hatred for his opposition that he dropped dead. Makes you think, huh?![]()
Well, to start with, the target of Breitbart's initial post wasn't Sherrod, it was the NAACP. And even in that first post he noted that Sherrod had changed her mind about not helping the white farmers.
We are in possession of a video from in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail, that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.
In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him. And, she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him, because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind”. She refers him to a white lawyer.
Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement. Hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.
You know I started to read that to find where he said Sherrod had changed her mind, but his hateful repetitive style of writing is something I just can't force myself to slog through. Sorry.
n the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him. And, she admits that she doesn’t do everything she can for him, because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from “one of his own kind”. She refers him to a white lawyer. Sherrod’s racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement. Hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups’ racial tolerance.
I'm surprised you are projecting with the hand waving and serving up such weak sauce. There is no tu quoque as I'm showing that evidence is necessary for such conclusions. I'm not saying one excuses the other. That's a pathetic red herring. I'm not saying that since Gingrich and others are associated with voter fraud it's okay for ACORN. Again, red herring. I'm demonstrating the silliness of your logic. Carried to its conclusion Gingrich is guilty of voter fraud. No, no tu quoque. Not even close.Yes, hand waving, and I already said that any organization with a similar history to ACORN would be similarly called fraudulent. Your tu quote attempts at arguing are more on the level of much lesser ideologues than you on this board and I'm frankly surprised that you chose to take that route.
Thank you for admitting that you won't look at all the facts. At least you're honest.
Well, let's read what he actually said:
Note how Sherrod certainly is one of the "targets" here, his use of the present tense to describe her racist feelings and job duties, his labeling of Sherrod's story specifically as a "racist tale", and how even his "not[ing] that Sherrod had changed her mind about not helping the white farmers" is described as being racist, since Sherrod refuses to help him herself and instead refers him to "one of his own kind".
That seems to be the relevant part. Both the video and the text by Breitbart seem broadly similar. Except she took the farmer to the lawyer. And her apparent epiphany that the issue was not about skin colour but rather about the divide between the poor and the rich.
I find it fascinating that you don't think I meant both.
Note how Sherrod certainly is one of the "targets" here
his use of the present tense to describe her racist feelings and job duties, his labeling of Sherrod's story specifically as a "racist tale", and how even his "not[ing] that Sherrod had changed her mind about not helping the white farmers" is described as being racist, since Sherrod refuses to help him herself and instead refers him to "one of his own kind".
I won't believe Breitbart is dead until I see his death certificate. And I mean the original, not a copy.
I suspect there are some here who may not be saddened to hear of his passing. I bet there are some who are glad. Will anyone come out and actually say so? Inquiring minds want to ....meh.![]()
What may or may not often be done I have no qualms with.Conservatives often project their own shortcommings onto their opponents.
It's not that the liberals want to argue with your facts. Rather it's the very fact that Brietbart accurately struct to the heart of the corruption with Acorn, or that he accurately reported the NAACP issue with Shirly, that infuriates them so much.If you don't accept 30+ incidents across multiple states as evidence of widespread fraud, that the brother of ACORN's founder Wade Rathke, was found to have embezzled $948,607.50 from the group and affiliated charitable organizations and the executives covered it up from the board and when the board found out and 2 members demanded all the information, they were fired, tells me that you are hardly looking at this objectively. The evidence couldn't be much clearer.