Mark6
Philosopher
- Joined
- Mar 17, 2008
- Messages
- 6,261
Who are often quite successful in their chosen niche.Huh, I thought they were ivory tower, elite, college professors.
And quite well-off.
Who are often quite successful in their chosen niche.Huh, I thought they were ivory tower, elite, college professors.
It is silly to criticize an idea by bringing up its most successful practicioner?I think communism considers ideas worthy of study, and has certainly been important for worker's movements and the like, but True McCommunism is a pipe dream.
Of course, when people bring up Stalinist CCCP in order to criticize communism, that's a bit silly.
Do you realize this was published in 2000? And makes fun of Stalin (and Hitler)? And is clearly a Harry Potter reference?
A large villa he shares with everyone equally?
A job given to you by a company that employs you to make a profit?
I admit, I'm being intentionally obtuse here. I also have the sneaking suspicion that in a true Communistic society, one that adheres to communal ownership of land and a centrally planned economy, there would not be students living in large villas and jet-setting about as is guy I commented on.
Republican Spain
We ran the neo-nazi skinheads out of downtown.
It is silly to criticize an idea by bringing up its most successful practicioner?
Do you realize this was published in 2000? And makes fun of Stalin (and Hitler)? And is clearly a Harry Potter reference?
Communist propaganda this ain't.
Did Ahmedinejad ever claim to be religiously tolerant?No more silly than to use Ahmedinejad as the poster child for religious tolerance.
While I'm no fan of communism, and wouldn't be even if it worked as advertised (I like to own nice things and take great pride in making more money than the unwashed masses), I have to say that none of the communists I've met were particularly deadbeat-ish. Many of them did volunteer work and some even started small businesses/cooperatives.
Although my sample size is also pretty small.
Are you normally satisified with such a small sample size?
Well, are you?
Did Ahmedinejad ever claim to be religiously tolerant?
Because unless he did, your analogy is meaningless:I have absolutely no idea. Why?
Because unless he did, your analogy is meaningless:
Stalin -- poster child for communism
Ahmadinejad -- poster child for religious tolerance
Are you?
Because unless he did, your analogy is meaningless:
Stalin -- poster child for communism
Ahmadinejad -- poster child for religious tolerance
Using the USSR as an example of the failures of communism = silly.
know what you're talking about? Agreed.
what if you add in the failures of China, North Korea, and Cuba?
Seriously, Parky, you know NOTHING about Communism, so what makes you think you can opine on it?
prove it.
you don't even know my name.