Quite the contrary, thank you and LashL for the URL's
Thomas Chapin PhD General Manager, Fire and Construction SBU - UL Inc. to Kevin Ryan – 12-1-03
UL does not certify structural steel. Structural steel meeting the appropriate ASTM designations are* used as * component in assemblies tested by UL. The assemblies consist of a structural component protected with some type of fire resistant material.
i.e. an ‘assembly’ is a [singular] structural component protected with some type of fire resistant material.
Ryan used the word ‘components’ rather than the word ‘assemblies’ in his first sentence.
You ignored the qualifying statement later in the paragraph and called him a liar.
*incorrect word/phrase, should be: “Structural steel ……. is used as a component in assemblies”
For those of you with reading impairments;
“the samples we certified” modifies and clarifies the statement;
“the company I work for certified the steel components used in the construction of the WTC buildings.”
***************************************************
Kevin Ryan to Dr. Gayle, 11-11-04
Having recently reviewed your team's report of 10/19/04, I felt the need to contact you directly.
As I'm sure you know, the company I work for certified the steel components used in the construction of the WTC buildings. In requesting information from both our CEO and Fire Protection business manager last year, I learned that they did not agree on the essential aspects of the story, except for one thing - that the samples we certified met all requirements.
Loring Knoblauch, CEO of UL, to Ryan 11-15-04
“We tested the steel with all the required fireproofing on and it did fine.”
It’s perfectly clear that Ryan and Knoblauch were referring to the steel samples/assemblies that UL tested.