• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged 9/11 CT subforum General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sarcastic at all. I appreciate a great deal of art, some of which I'm sure you would call "abstract". It takes discipline to see the wide range of creative possibilities in Modern art. I imagine you'd have no patience for a John Coltrane solo as well.

I am sure there is some legitimate art, in some abstract art, but I think most of it is about as deep and involving as the painting made here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7Sogrk

TAM:)
 
Right. Kindergarten kids, elephants, I don't doubt that's your understanding of it.

lol...I understand art just fine. I just think people find things in paintings because they want to see it, not because what they see was intended.

but we cannot all be artistic intellectual snobs, now can we...lol

TAM:)
 
lol...I understand art just fine. I just think people find things in paintings because they want to see it, not because what they see was intended.

but we cannot all be artistic intellectual snobs, now can we...lol

TAM:)

There's plenty of art that I don't like, but to fully intend the pun, you shouldn't paint with such a broad brush and lump in what animals and kids do with artistic and creative innovation and accomplishment.

I bet it's Jackson Pollack that you have in mind, and the artist who is most villified by those who lack the courage to challenge their own preconceptions about art.
 
pollack, IIRC is what goes into artificial crab meat.

MMMMMM.....crab meat!

TAM:D
 
pollack, IIRC is what goes into artificial crab meat.

MMMMMM.....crab meat!

TAM:D
True story:
When I was serving on the USS Pollack, a new guy reported aboard. Back in those days, we could blow sanitaries directly overboard (the poo tanks, basically). Naturally, some of the stuff would float, and the local marine life would enjoy munching on it. Well, we had just done this operation, and he was watching some of the fish doing this. He turned to the Topside Watch and said "Wonder what kind of fish those are?"
Without missing a beat, he replied, "Pollack".

Mmmm. I want me some fake crab now, don't you?
 
True story:
When I was serving on the USS Pollack, a new guy reported aboard. Back in those days, we could blow sanitaries directly overboard (the poo tanks, basically). Naturally, some of the stuff would float, and the local marine life would enjoy munching on it.

How disgusting! But then, my mum and younger sister were walking along by the seaside one day, and came across a sewage outlet. And there, crowded around it, were loads of fish. They seemed to love it!

It's recommended by health experts that people eat fish about twice a week. :)
 
Excrement is largely composed of bacteria, some of which are kinds that are not particularly good for us (at least, not if they get into our upper digestive tract where they don't belong), hence the "ewww." However, if fish can eat that bacteria and turn it into yummy fish protein, how is that a bad thing? Is that any worse that using excrement to fertilize plants that grow yummy fruits and vegetables?

Hmm... good thing this is the "general discussion" thread.

Respectfully,
Myriad
 
How disgusting! But then, my mum and younger sister were walking along by the seaside one day, and came across a sewage outlet. And there, crowded around it, were loads of fish. They seemed to love it!

It's recommended by health experts that people eat fish about twice a week. :)

Have you seen the video about the researchers that lived for weeks in a below water pod? They used to put on the scuba tanks, swim over behind a big rock, and do their business. The fish loved it. Further, the fish did not wait for the researcher to finish, if you know what I mean.
 
Yuck!! I've never liked most fish. Now it seems my taste buds have some kind of built-in sense/insight. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom