• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

7.5 Quake Rattles Acapulco

NoahFence

Banned
Joined
Mar 17, 2011
Messages
22,131
Location
Patriot Nation
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A powerful earthquake shook central and southern Mexico on Friday. The U.S. Geological Survey calculated its magnitude at 7.5 and said it was centered near the Pacific resort of Acapulco, where many Mexicans are vacationing for the Easter holiday.

An Associated Press reporter said it was felt strongly in the resort city but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.

http://news.yahoo.com/magnitude-7-5-earthquake-shakes-mexican-capital-144951037.html

Is it me or are these larger quakes happening with more frequency the last month or two?
 
I remember asking that myself in 2010-2011 with Haiti, Chile, Christchurch and Sendai, and not being alone.
 
Very surprising that there are no reports of damage. Last time I was down there I thought the whole city seemed to be made of unreinforced cinder blocks, a recipe for earthquake disaster. Maybe there was more rebar being used than I could see in the few construction sites we passed.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom