• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about her to say. I find it hard to believe a Democrat can win the nomination on that platform.

They wouldn't put it on the platform. Not even Republicans talk openly about how fiscal conservatism and wanting to cut "spending" is all about cutting really vital stuff like SS/Medicare.
 
I wish the senator (who I met once, briefly) well, but my Kcinny sense tells me she’s got a bit of a climb over lingering resentment WRT Al Franken.
 
If we can get voter turnout back to Obama 2008 levels, it'll be easy.

Getting the turnout back to 2008 levels is going to take a lot of work and a lot of fire in the belly.

Agreed. Although I like Biden a lot, he's not the guy to inspire a new wave of Democratic support and to provide the enthusiasm of the younger crowd to turn out to actually vote.

Again, I like Joe but he's past his "vote for" date. Time for the kids to take over.
 
Here's some interesting oppo research on Kamala Harris. Did you know that she dated California political legend Willie Brown while Brown was married? The relationship didn't have a happy ending:

The GOP is gonna be hard pressed to campaign on a morality plank with Dump as their candidate. In fact, I can see it backfiring in a wonderful way. :)
 
This may be a little petty...but I cant stand that gillibrand is trying to brand herself as a young mom.
 
This may be a little petty...but I cant stand that gillibrand is trying to brand herself as a young mom.
On a forum ostensibly for skeptics, one would expect this sentence to be followed by evidence, in the form of a quote. What a concept.
 
Might have suggested it before but:

What we need is for all D-candidates to get together for a weekend, have some drinks, play some poker, and have a Gentle(wo)man's agreement that whoever gets nominated will have the full support of all the others, no matter how ugly the Primaries get.
 
Agreed. Although I like Biden a lot, he's not the guy to inspire a new wave of Democratic support and to provide the enthusiasm of the younger crowd to turn out to actually vote.

Again, I like Joe but he's past his "vote for" date. Time for the kids to take over.

Beto O'rourke did turn a Senate race in Texas into a toss-up for a while. He's demonstrated an ability to get out the vote from traditional non-voters. That's Texas mind you; there's still a loyal following and organization there. He could put Texas in play.
 
Might have suggested it before but:

What we need is for all D-candidates to get together for a weekend, have some drinks, play some poker, and have a Gentle(wo)man's agreement that whoever gets nominated will have the full support of all the others, no matter how ugly the Primaries get.

They all always do, don't they?
 
Bernie was more than lukewarm on Clinton - he could have done way more to mobilize his base for her, and he knows it.
After all, we know he, too, fell for anti-Clinton Russian propaganda.

None of that is correct.
He campaigned for Clinton frequently and passionately.

And what propaganda do you think he fell for?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom