• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Democratic Candidates Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, I'd like to see her challenge him to an IQ test.

Not even kidding.
 
Political parties are always going to seek out spokespeople from demographics they either A) feel they are weak/unpopular with or B) their political opponents have painted them as being weak/unpopular with or C) actually are weak/unpopular with.

That's hardly a sinister thing to just... acknowledge as something that happens.

Hell that's literally a working definition of how large scale politics works. Find a demographic you feel you aren't "connecting" with and try to connect with them.
It's the "undeservedly rising through the ranks" part that I'm calling bs on.
 
It's the "undeservedly rising through the ranks" part that I'm calling bs on.

What the hell is 'deeserving'? Do we get what we deserve? Are we deserving of what we get? I don't think we are. It's amazing how far people climb up the ladder simply because of connections and that is true in both parties.
 
In all seriousness, I'd like to see her challenge him to an IQ test.

Not even kidding.
I can't see that playing out any way other than badly for Warren.

Trump wouldn't rise to the challenge. He'd bluster and blather and shamelessly rope Warren into a game of Chase the Buffoon.

The test will not happen. If Warren tries to castigate Trump for it, she'll just look increasingly childish and irrelevant. Can you imagine the headlines? "Warren insists on IQ challenge, Trump: Nah."

Or, when it becomes obvious that Trump won't play along, she can back off and let the matter drop. Which just makes her look weak.

And either way, she's handing Trump one or two news cycles of distraction from the real issues that need to be addressed. Immigration, healthcare, Russian aggression... And the Democrat nominee is caught up in a media slapfight over IQ tests.
 
I can't see that playing out any way other than badly for Warren.

Trump wouldn't rise to the challenge. He'd bluster and blather and shamelessly rope Warren into a game of Chase the Buffoon.

The test will not happen. If Warren tries to castigate Trump for it, she'll just look increasingly childish and irrelevant. Can you imagine the headlines? "Warren insists on IQ challenge, Trump: Nah."

Or, when it becomes obvious that Trump won't play along, she can back off and let the matter drop. Which just makes her look weak.

And either way, she's handing Trump one or two news cycles of distraction from the real issues that need to be addressed. Immigration, healthcare, Russian aggression... And the Democrat nominee is caught up in a media slapfight over IQ tests.

Wow! I agree with you on something. That just may be the 7th sign.

I'd love to play him in chess or poker. I don't think he is smart or knwledgeable. But we'll never know.

That said, I might use Trump's claim of being smart against him. I'd play his game and call him Mr. MORON and Liar in chief. I'd attack attack attack. I'd make sure that he knows he's as dumb as a box of rocks.

And when someone would say I'm not respecting the office, I'd say I'd love to treat the office with respect. The moment Trump does.
 
Last edited:
What the hell is 'deeserving'? Do we get what we deserve? Are we deserving of what we get? I don't think we are. It's amazing how far people climb up the ladder simply because of connections and that is true in both parties.

This is true for pretty much anything. Working hard is great when it comes to your job, but if you really want a promotion then you need to make connections with the people above you so that they know who you are and if you'll fit into the company management structure. Politics is a job, hence the same rules apply.
 
This is true for pretty much anything. Working hard is great when it comes to your job, but if you really want a promotion then you need to make connections with the people above you so that they know who you are and if you'll fit into the company management structure. Politics is a job, hence the same rules apply.

I learned that the hard way.
 
I can't see that playing out any way other than badly for Warren.

Trump wouldn't rise to the challenge. He'd bluster and blather and shamelessly rope Warren into a game of Chase the Buffoon.

The test will not happen. If Warren tries to castigate Trump for it, she'll just look increasingly childish and irrelevant. Can you imagine the headlines? "Warren insists on IQ challenge, Trump: Nah."

Or, when it becomes obvious that Trump won't play along, she can back off and let the matter drop. Which just makes her look weak.

And either way, she's handing Trump one or two news cycles of distraction from the real issues that need to be addressed. Immigration, healthcare, Russian aggression... And the Democrat nominee is caught up in a media slapfight over IQ tests.

I'd challenge him to one early on, before any of the general debates, and when he refused, offer one public putdown about it (actually written by the funniest DNC staffer out there, heh) and then quietly keep the issue (and a few more well-written comments about it) up my sleeve for if he pissed me off in a debate.
 
I can't see that playing out any way other than badly for Warren.

Trump wouldn't rise to the challenge. He'd bluster and blather and shamelessly rope Warren into a game of Chase the Buffoon.

The test will not happen. If Warren tries to castigate Trump for it, she'll just look increasingly childish and irrelevant. Can you imagine the headlines? "Warren insists on IQ challenge, Trump: Nah."

Or, when it becomes obvious that Trump won't play along, she can back off and let the matter drop. Which just makes her look weak.

And either way, she's handing Trump one or two news cycles of distraction from the real issues that need to be addressed. Immigration, healthcare, Russian aggression... And the Democrat nominee is caught up in a media slapfight over IQ tests.
(bolding mine)

Absolutely. Best advice to give to all serious Democratic candidates.
I hope they'll heed your advice.
 
In all seriousness, I'd like to see her challenge him to an IQ test.

Not even kidding.

Don't you know that IQ tests only measure a person's ability to take an IQ test?--Every Liberal Poster on this Board.
 
I do think that what 2020 needs is an "Anti-Trump", a candidate that allows people to exorcise the country and themselves from the last four years, similar to the way Obama ran as an Anti-Bush.
Candidates shouldn't run as if in opposition to Trump, but they should emphasize what they will do different going forward.
 
What the hell is 'deeserving'? Do we get what we deserve? Are we deserving of what we get? I don't think we are. It's amazing how far people climb up the ladder simply because of connections and that is true in both parties.
Don't go all dictionary on me please. But at least spell it right.

That's shorthand for rising up the ranks faster than other people who have better qualifications, ala the examples I cited.

As for it being true in both parties, I pointed that out explicitly in the part you failed to quote back. Pay better attention.
 
Last edited:
As could be expected: Tulsi Gabbard defended by Glenn Greenwald on Tucker Carlson's show ... (link)

If she manages to transform just a small % of Democratic voters into "Tulsi or bust" idiots, that would be "mission fulfilled".
 
No, I don't think that.
But when you see how she is treated by Fox and RT, that is exactly what they hope her campaign will achieve.

Maybe she is a "useful idiot".

The wiki says: "propagandist for a cause of whose goals they are not fully aware and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause" - pretty sure whatever is going on with Gabbard, it's not that, either.

FWIW, "the left" in general seems pretty "meh" about her. The only person I know who just adores her is a former "Ron Paul libertarian" ("former" strictly in the sense that he can't really be that any more, because Paul isn't on the scene any more.)

Honestly, I think whether or not a "whoever-or-bust" movement rises up will depend mostly on if the DNC is again seen as tilting the tables in the primary.
 
Here's some interesting oppo research on Kamala Harris. Did you know that she dated California political legend Willie Brown while Brown was married? The relationship didn't have a happy ending:

But the day after Christmas, Brown stunned his friends by announcing that he was breaking up with Kamala.
 
New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand Announces 2020 Presidential Run

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand says she is running for president, joining a growing number of Democrats who are seeking to challenge President Trump in 2020.

Gillbrand announced her decision on CBS's The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, saying she is filing her exploratory committee for the White House on Tuesday evening.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/15/6782...en-gillibrand-announces-2020-presidential-run
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom