• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

100% CPU usage

Not a Windoz guy, but have you tried a different flash plugin ? Some earlier flash plugins had hot loops that would just eat all available cpu time.

Do you have the latest java install ?


Some versions of firefox (3.x) were leaking memory badly. I caught one at 4.9GB swapping and terrible performance ! But that doesn't explain the chrome & ie performance.
 
nois forme, I am not an expert with PC's and their software, but I wonder if your 100% CPU usage involves a conflict with certain software, perhaps with your browser.

I had a similar problem with a Mac CPU running at 100%, and I had to delete what's referred to as a 'plist.' In my case, using a Mac (not a PC) I deleted a plist and restarted the Mac. I found the offending plist under

User Account > Library > Preferences > com.apple.finder.plist (and deleted that plist, and restarted the Mac to correct the 100% CPU usage problem.

So I wonder if there could be a problem with a setting, or a conflict with software, in a 'library' or a memory cache on your PC, that needs to be deleted (not "disabled" as you did with your dom.ipc) and your machine restarted?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom