• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Loss Leader's Super Simple Telepathy Test

100,000.5
No wait! That gets Mars probes into bother, one hundred thousand, and thirty two sixty fourths then.
 
290908

That's not a telepathic guess, as I'm "receiving" not a damned thing. That's a lottery play/lucky number... it's my son's birthday.
 
I next encoded that number into a simple phrase (the top couple words on a document next to me) using an MD5 hash.

If you can find lots of different "simple phrases" to use, you can produce thousands or millions of variations, and put a different number in each one. From a large enough sample, there is a fair chance that two of these samples will have the same hash (through the "Birthday Paradox"). Thus, the hash would not necessarily be evidence of any particular number.

Maybe you could tell us the fifth word of the phrase. Had you done this trick, it is unlikely that you thought ahead of time to make the fifth word the same in all samples, and would probably be unfeasable to create a new phrase that has the hash you already provided.
 
If you can find lots of different "simple phrases" to use, you can produce thousands or millions of variations, and put a different number in each one. From a large enough sample, there is a fair chance that two of these samples will have the same hash (through the "Birthday Paradox"). Thus, the hash would not necessarily be evidence of any particular number.

Maybe you could tell us the fifth word of the phrase. Had you done this trick, it is unlikely that you thought ahead of time to make the fifth word the same in all samples, and would probably be unfeasable to create a new phrase that has the hash you already provided.



Sorry. I'm not the NSA. I'm not even using a computer. I'm just shouting this to an AT&T operator.
 
589642

119607

367093

I claim no telepathic ability, I just let the cat walk on the keyboard and stripped out the first 18 numbers she 'typed', separated them into three, et voila.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom