• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Ukraine erupts in riots and general strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me the EU and the Obama administration are causing the problems.

Well, it also seems to you that 9/11 and the Sandy Hook tragedy were inside jobs. I'm not sure how someone capable of drawing those conclusions would blame anyone other than Western Europe, the US and Israel for anything.
 
Last edited:
Fascinating how some of these "edgy,anti Establishment, Rebel" types end up supporting authoritarian dictators.

Again, 1930's.

And anti-imperialism it most certainly isn't, as you allow imperialism from Russia. If you were truly anti-imperialist, you would speak out firmly against what Russia is doing and urge action.
Duh. Replace "Arabs" with "Russians" and this chart can be employed here, too.

International_Law_Flowchart.jpg
 
Again, 1930's.

And anti-imperialism it most certainly isn't, as you allow imperialism from Russia. If you were truly anti-imperialist, you would speak out firmly against what Russia is doing and urge action.

Nothing in 1930 disproves non-interventionism. I would say the build up to WW2 was caused by interventionism and the spread of war throughout Europe was caused by interventionism, but that is another discussion.
That said I am non-interventionist.
 
Nothing in 1930 disproves non-interventionism.

You are right. It does prove a rather massive argument to non-interventionism not working with expansionist regimes, though.

I would say the build up to WW2 was caused by interventionism and the spread of war throughout Europe was caused by interventionism, but that is another discussion.

I would love to hear your arguments, because this sounds like a hilariously poor grasp on history.

That said I am non-interventionist.

Possibly. You're not an anti-imperialist though.
 
Well, it also seems to you that 9/11 and the Sandy Hook tragedy were inside jobs. I'm not sure how someone capable of drawing those conclusions would blame anyone other than Western Europe, the US and Israel for anything.

Yes I do believe we are not being told the full story however that is another discussion.
 
You are right. It does prove a rather massive argument to non-interventionism not working with expansionist regimes, though.



I would love to hear your arguments, because this sounds like a hilariously poor grasp on history.



Possibly. You're not an anti-imperialist though.

Yes when foreign intervention fails, it only fails because when it was applied non-interventionist disagreed with it and the blowback that would result. I got you.
 
Hah, I missed that. I also see he mentioned "the Polish and Romanian borders with Russia" that the jets are patrolling. Poland doesn't have any borders with Russia, either...its Eastern borders are with Lithuania, Belarus, and Ukraine!

In Soviet Russia, all your Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine are border to us!
 
I would love to hear your arguments, because this sounds like a hilariously poor grasp on history.

Well, you see, Poland and France only perpetuated the war by standing up to Nazi Germany. If they had rolled over and been acquired without a fight technically that would have prevented war.

Or something.
 
Nothing in 1930 disproves non-interventionism. I would say the build up to WW2 was caused by interventionism and the spread of war throughout Europe was caused by interventionism, but that is another discussion.
That said I am non-interventionist.

I would love to hear more specifics on how interventionism caused World War 2 in Europe.

I could use a few good laughs, frankly.
 
I'm talking about WW2 and the build up to it being blamed on non-interventionist by you

Where did I blame it on non-interventionists?

Hint: I didn't. I said non-interventionism didn't work, because it turned into appeasement of an expansionist regime. What you are proposing here is appeasement. You call it non-interventionism, but it's appeasement nonetheless.
 
Yes I do believe we are not being told the full story however that is another discussion.

"Just Asking Questions".....:covereyes

And,frankly, "Non Interventionism" is just "Isolationism" with a name that might sell better.
 
Last edited:
Or mocking the impotence of NATO by saying that Poland and the Baltic nations aren't going to get any help from their NATO allies in one paragraph, right after another paragraph accusing the US of being provocative towards Putin by flying military jet patrols along the borders between Russia and the US' NATO ally nations and planning Black Sea naval maneuvers and military exercises in Ukraine itself!

Wow, just wow.

Here is the author, from 2000, portraying compulsory head scarves for women in post-revolutionary Iran as a defeat for Western imperialism and a victory for feminism.

Then came the Islamic revolution -- and the hejab is brought full circle: What was once banned is now compulsory. Post-1979, the hejab is intended to express not just religious commitment, but the triumph of Islamic populism over the worldly culture of the Westernized elite. In this it was a near-perfect symbol of the revolution. And what happens when all of Iran's women dress according to the hejab? The consequences were swiftly apparent: tens of thousands of Iranian families suddenly decide that it is acceptable to let daughters and spouses out of the house. Literacy among women rises from less than 30 percent just before the revolution to 75 percent. The university population changes shape: from about 25 percent women under the last shah, it grows to more than 50 percent women. Within a few years, women are a new presence in the workforce and the press, in the arts, and in politics. Tehran now has two women serving on its fifteen-member city council; Qom, the seat of Islamic learning 90 miles south of the capital, has one -- who triumphed over several male rivals. Women were a decisive force in the 1996 elections to the majlis, the national assembly -- and proved themselves a permanent feature of national politics in the majlis elections held in February this year.
 
I've read the responses above that report the Ukrainian soldiers and sailors were ordered to give up their posts. If so, then I obviously do not fault them for doing so. However, I am still not convinced that was the right move by the government. As I noted above, it doesn't say much for Ukraine's claim to Crimea if, right after vowing to defend its territory to the last, it orders its soldiers out of the peninsula. If that represents the extent of their determination, they may as well just send Russia a map and ask them to mark what areas of their country they'll be allowed to keep.
 
On the other hand, Ukraine is going the extra mile to show it is avoiding a military conflict with Russia. Frankly, I don't know who this will turn out.
No way the Ukrainains could have offered effective military resistanance.
But if Russia does move into the main Ukraine,I think you will see open conflict.
 
Where did I blame it on non-interventionists?

Hint: I didn't. I said non-interventionism didn't work, because it turned into appeasement of an expansionist regime. What you are proposing here is appeasement. You call it non-interventionism, but it's appeasement nonetheless.

Non-interventionism isn't what led to WW2, hence my statement that blaming non-interventionism for the faults of foreign interventionism, WW1 and US/UK bankers ******** on Germany directly leading to WW2 seems like a poor way to describe the faults of non-interventionism.

No one is proposing appeasement, which is also an action, we are stating no action at all, as it has nothing to do with the security and defense of the US. That is non-interventionism.

Stance on Russia intevening in Ukraine is the same as my stance on the US/NATO intervening and causing the coup in Ukraine. Its terrible. That said it has happened and the peaceful resolution of letting Ukraine breakup seems the best for everyone. If those Russian cities and communities want to vote to leave as to not be under the neo-nazi leaning and US/NATO led government in power now let them. Let them peacefully sepearte and go their own way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom