I didn't see this one here yet, real bad stuff happening! Sounds like a lot of gunfire.
Pics here: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-crisis-shocking-photos-injured-dead-kiev-1437260
That last pic is a protestor with an air rifle, they'll need better than that.
Is it just me, or do those police look poorly trained? I mean, it looks like the protestors are able to separate out at least three that are clearly seen and capture them - with it looking like others are also captured, but not so clearly seen on camera. This within 10 feet of other masses of police who do nothing to recover them.
I wonder if some (but not all, by any means) of the police violence is due more to incompetence than malice - it might be the only way some of them know to protect themselves. That said, the police leadership and national leadership have a lot to answer for it they put such poorly trained people in such a volatile situation.
The situation is clearly polarized, multiple news sources have reported that this most recent day of violence started when the protestors/rioters attacked retreating police forces. It seems a good many protestors will not stop until they get everything their way - and with the ethnic divisions within the country, they are unlikely to get everything they want. I generally support closer ties between Ukraine and the EU, but I am not sure how realistic some of these protestors are about the ability to drag the ethnic Russians along west with them.
Maybe this will settle out even as early as tomorrow - but it could get much worse before it gets better. Much, much worse.
Last edited: