I didn't say you have a 50/50 chance of picking the correct door at the start. I said, "You start the game with a 50/50 chance of having chosen correctly among the only two doors that Monty will not open."
If you aren't painstakingly clear about what you mean then I'm afraid I'm likely to remain completely lost as to what you're trying to say.
I assumed that when you said "you
start the game with a 50/50 chance of
having chosen correctly" that you were referring to the start of the game as the point in which you make the decision to switch or stick and the past tense "having chosen" referring to the initial pick. That is the only way I can make sense of that sentence. And based on that interpretation, it seems you are saying that no matter what door you pick initially, there is a 50/50 chance that it will have been the right pick. If that were the case then it would follow that your initial pick has a 50% chance of being correct.
No matter what you do, there are just two doors that Monty won't open--the one you pick, and one which may or may not hide the car.
That is not in dispute. If there is an implied "therefore" associated with that statement, then you'll have to explain.
Once again, for a whole population the standard analyisis is correct; on average 99/100 of them should win by a policy of always switching. That much is not in question.
That is only true
because each individual contestant has a 99% chance of winning. If each individual contestant had a 50% chance of winning by switching, then an average of 50/100 would win by switching in the population.
But an individual contestant cannot take advantage of that fact because, unlike the regular lottery player who can string together a bunch of 1/175M chances into a lifetime expectation of 1/75k, Monty only let's him play once.
People increasing their odds in the lottery by playing it multiple times has nothing to do with the problem. We're talking about a population of people playing once, not a population of people playing multiple times. If an individual plays the 100 door Monty once (using the switch strategy), their odds are 99/100. If they play five times, then their odds of winning at least once would increase to 9,999,999,999/10,000,000,000.
You seem to be arguing that the initial odds are 50/50 and you can't improve those odds without playing multiple times. But I don't understand why you think the initial odds are 50/50. I also don't understand why if you think that, that you aren't also claiming that a population of people playing the game once would have a 50% win/loss ration.