Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2011
- Messages
- 15,713
AK's aliby was disproven by RS himself, who changed story and withdrew it. He even told a completely different story about going out together in the evening, her coming back late etc.
The hallmark of your factoids is that nearly none of them made it to a courtroom, and Crini has mentioned none of them, and Crini even had Sollecito in the court!
No matter, here's the answer to your factoid that Raffaele had withdrawn Knox's alibi... I also think you need to explain why the police did not record Sollectico's "withdrawal of an alibi" when they were recording everything else. It seems that the police purposely did not record this precisely so that they could set up a he said/they said scenario... it was the police's responsibility to make sure that you and I, six years later, were not arguing about this. But no matter.... here's a first person account:
Honor Bound p.52-55 said:I'd like to be able to give you the full transcript, word by excruciating word. But the police, who were recording absolutely everything else concerning Amanda and me in this period - phone calls, emails, private conversations in the Questura - somehow omitted to turn on a single recording device that night.... when challenged on this point Prosecutor Mignini suggested that the Questura was suffering a budget crunch...
... They were quite literally out to get me, and I did not appreciate this until too late.... I mentioned that Amanda and I gone out shopping, something I had apparently omitted in my previous statements. I couldn't see the importance of this detail, but my interrogators gave me the strangest of looks.
I told them that one day had blended into another in my mind. Perhaps we had gone shopping the day before. What did I know?
"You need to remember what you did," one of them admonished.
They asked if Amanda had gone out that night and on the spur of the moment, I couldn't say. Was November 1st a Tuesday or a Thursday? I asked. Because I knew she worked at Le Chic on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I noticed a calendar in the room and asked if I could consult it.
"Don't touch the calendar," one of them said sharply.... was November 1st the day Amanda soent the evening out and I stayed home? (I was thinking of Hallowe'en.)... as the interrogation continued I offered both scenarios....
.... "If it was a Thursday she probably went to work."
"You don't know what she did, do you? Come on, tell us everything."
Napoleoni was in the room for this part of the conversation. Without warning, she turned on me with venom in her voice. "What did you do?" she demanded. "You need to tell us. You don't know what the cow, that whore, got up to?"
As Raffaele relates, it is clear that the police viewed Knox as their main suspect before he got to the Questura, and before Ficarra went out to the waiting area even ask Knox to check her phone, and to let her know she'd been caught lying about the drug use in the cottage (a lie everyone in the cottage told, apparently.)
Then Knox was taken in to her own ordeal, once again unrecorded... then Raffaele emptied his pockets to show the pocket knife, then he surrendered his shoes.
Good try, Machiavelli. The factoid version of your allegations is perhaps more lurid, but one perhaps has a right to hear the whole story.
The cops had a responsibility to let the whole story be told on video or transcript... one switch flipped, but you know - those pesky budget constraints!
If North-Corea vs Brazil 2012 football game had ended after 45 minutes, North Corea would have eliminated Brazil from the championship.
That actually was a side-tickler! But not exactly an analogy. It's more like having the football match end after 90 minutes 6-0 for Brazil.... but keeping extra time going until NK could manufacture 7 goals!
Last edited: