The length is completely off though so all this width stuff doesn't even matter, really.
The length is completely off though so all this width stuff doesn't even matter, really.
Well, I understand all positions expressed. I think they offer legitimate interpretations. However, they are also subjective.
Those thinking their interpretation (for example of the "square" drop, or blade orientation) is obvious and absolute, are not applying logic completely.
<..... sinister deletia .....>
Below is how I envision the superimposition.
Yours is the most "subjective" of all. You wouldn't need to be talking about this if the RIS Carabinieri hadn't removed the DNA evidence as actual evidence. This is a desperate try at getting that knife back into the case....
(...)
.
And it shows why I think the stain could be considered "compatible" with the kitchen knife.
The superimposition picture shows how I think our specific knife can be considered compatible with the bed sheet print.
Wait a few months and see if the RIS did actually "remove" anything...
But don't draw the discussion OT now, meanwhile.
Well, I understand all positions expressed. I think they offer legitimate interpretations. However, they are also subjective.
Those thinking their interpretation (for example of the "square" drop, or blade orientation) is obvious and absolute, are not applying logic completely.
There are several other small drops and marks, as well as their alignement, which may be "happy to be explained"; and the "squared" mark might be not "representing" something as some people may guess, but has maybe some other "geometric" explanation.
When I say that believing some interpretations ot be absolute is a lack of "complete" logic, here "complete logic" I think could mean "an explanation that tends to explain all marks", or most.
It is not granted that the blade must have one particular orientation and position. It might have other orientations.
My speculation: is just a guess about kind of knife, blade orientation etc. not intended to be "absolute", I mean it's not necessarily the correct one. However I think it is possible, that it is plausible. I think there is something interesting in considering this hypotheses, because it explains a pretty good number of marks and drops.
And it shows why I think the stain could be considered "compatible" with the kitchen knife.
The superimposition picture shows how I think our specific knife can be considered compatible with the bed sheet print.
Below is how I envision the superimposition.
Not only knives, any broad flat object could leave a mark like that. Playing connect the dots with these low res third-hand pictures is like arguing over whether a particular cloud looks more like a sheep or dog: it tells us more about the writers imagination than it does about the facts of the case. People have been going round and round for 10(?) pages now about what sort of knife could have made these marks, and for all we know it could be a gardening tool, an entrenching shovel, a putty spatula, or maybe it's just a bunch of splotches and smears. (It could even have been a mason's trowel, but don't tell Mach or he might try to link the murder to Hellman!The bloody "outline" using your techniques would be compatible with tens of thousands of knives in Perugia.
Not only knives, any broad flat object could leave a mark like that. Playing connect the dots with these low res third-hand pictures is like arguing over whether a particular cloud looks more like a sheep or dog: it tells us more about the writers imagination than it does about the facts of the case. People have been going round and round for 10(?) pages now about what sort of knife could have made these marks, and for all we know it could be a gardening tool, an entrenching shovel, a putty spatula, or maybe it's just a bunch of splotches and smears. (It could even have been a mason's trowel, but don't tell Mach or he might try to link the murder to Hellman!)

Thank for saying it's just a guess. And Happy Holidays. Howver, I don't beleve you have shown the stain to be compatable with the knife. The reason is, when I look at the stain or stains, I see to places that seem to represent the tip of a knife. These two spots more or less look like each other. One of these has a somewhat distinct mark for where a blade would be that points towards terminating in the big rectangular spotch.
That's certainly "compatible" with the markings, but personally I think they were originally pasta sauce. That the spots were tested and found to be blood leaves us with only one suspect: the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Surely he floated through Filomena's window and slayed MK in some sort of Halloween-related ritual, and that the pasta stains later transubstantiated to blood (a thing ~90% of Italians actually believe in) is only further proof that His Noodley Appendage was "compatible" with events on that fateful night.Below is how I envision the superimposition.
Notice the way the hat is an almost perfect match with the rectangular blob that some people think might have been made by a knife handle. Also note that what look like the dots that define the top edge of the knife to some people look more like Frosty's earring on his right ear.
To settle this here is a link to the duck rabbit illusion.Below is how I envision the superimposition:
[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/56652bb57674fcc7.jpg[/qimg]
Notice the way the hat is an almost perfect match with the rectangular blob that some people think might have been made by a knife handle. Also note that what look like the dots that define the top edge of the knife to some people look more like Frosty's earring on his right ear.
The length is completely off though so all this width stuff doesn't even matter, really.
Thanks for this: It really is a piece of clarification.Well, the reality is the width isn't what Mach says it is as well. Mach really is doing to creative Photoshop work. In particular the top line of the knife. there isn't a distinct line at the top where he is drawing the line only a few blood drops.
What is far more telling is the point and curve of the knife blade is very different and inside the Yummi's artwork.
Below is the knife stain left on the Meredith's bed. The dark line around the outside is the arbitrary line drawn by Machiavelli. I put little yellow dots around the actual knife edges. As you can see the knife is much much smaller.
[qimg]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1Ls_Mz43xv4/UrtjAZljOCI/AAAAAAAAALE/5__XqzOwdtc/s1600/Knife+stain3.jpg[/qimg]
Breaking news! New photo discovered of Knox at the Questora...or was this right after putting on crime scene booties?
The camera caught her upside down, right in the middle of the summersault!