• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Heeeeeeere's Obamacare!

I got to the validating email link easily, but I don't care to actually go further with it.
Did that weeks ago. I have never been able to log in to the account I created, keep getting a message that the information I entered is "invalid".
 
Did that weeks ago. I have never been able to log in to the account I created, keep getting a message that the information I entered is "invalid".

Maybe it's picking up on the old email you gave it? Have you tried a new one?

Still, it's not a good sign that you can't log in.
 
Login is user name and password, no email.

It shall never work for you Unbeliever! Beg the PharaOhbama to forgive your heresy! And then maybe, just maybe he will indulge your...waitasec, today's Dec.1, don't tell me they blew another deadline.
 
The site only works for liberals. And John Boehner. But mainly liberals. Conservatives don't need insurance anyway because they'd rather sock away $200,000 in case they get Lupus or scurvy. And even if they got Lupus or scurvy, they'd just go to Galt's Gulch where they can trade their new formulation for steel for some Rand-style medicine that has FREEDUM in it.
 
OK, gonna create a whole new account and try it out.

ETA: Verify account page took about ten seconds to load. OK, I'm in now, shopping plans.

ETTA: I thought I was in, shopping plans. It wants me to verify my identity, and I'm not comfortable putting in a bunch of fake info, so I'll stop at this point.
 
Last edited:
OK, gonna create a whole new account and try it out.

ETA: Verify account page took about ten seconds to load. OK, I'm in now, shopping plans.

ETTA: I thought I was in, shopping plans. It wants me to verify my identity, and I'm not comfortable putting in a bunch of fake info, so I'll stop at this point.
How are you going directly from "create account" to shopping plans? Don't you have to log in first?
 
How are you going directly from "create account" to shopping plans? Don't you have to log in first?

I created a new email account, and then created an account on the exchanges. I had to click on the link in my email to verify the healthcare account. THEN they wanted me to verify my identity by putting in a bunch of specific information (address, phone number, etc.). I wasn't comfortable doing that, so I never got to the actual exchanges.

Verifying the email link took about ten seconds of loading time, but that was the only problem I encountered.
 
I created a new email account, and then created an account on the exchanges. I had to click on the link in my email to verify the healthcare account. THEN they wanted me to verify my identity by putting in a bunch of specific information (address, phone number, etc.). I wasn't comfortable doing that, so I never got to the actual exchanges.

Verifying the email link took about ten seconds of loading time, but that was the only problem I encountered.
I've already done all of that. The problem is I cannot log into the account I have created and verified.

And there's no way to correct it, I just get a message that the information I entered was not valid. There's no "forgot password or user name" button to click, not that that is the problem anyway. I'm quite confident my login and password is correct and it certainly wasn't forgotten.
 
I've already done all of that. The problem is I cannot log into the account I have created and verified.

And there's no way to correct it, I just get a message that the information I entered was not valid. There's no "forgot password or user name" button to click, not that that is the problem anyway. I'm quite confident my login and password is correct and it certainly wasn't forgotten.

Can you create a new account?
 
I've already done all of that. The problem is I cannot log into the account I have created and verified.

And there's no way to correct it, I just get a message that the information I entered was not valid. There's no "forgot password or user name" button to click, not that that is the problem anyway. I'm quite confident my login and password is correct and it certainly wasn't forgotten.


But I thought the site was "fixed" as per the latest Healthcare.gov annoncement;


HealthCare.gov team claims victory: ‘We have met the goal’

The Obama administration claimed victory Sunday for making HealthCare.gov workable for the vast majority of users….

But even during their victory dance itself they were still moving the goalposts and backpedaling further:

The agency that oversees HealthCare.gov said “we believe we have met the goal” of making the system navigable for most people, but cautioned that more problems may lie ahead.

“Dramatic progress has been made,” [/B]the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) stated in a report released Sunday morning. “[But] there is more work to be done to continue to improve and enhance the website.”
…

Administration officials acknowledge that there are more errors to fix with HealthCare.gov. The severity of these issues is unknown, and it is possible that some have yet to be discovered.

“As with any web project, there is not a magic moment [for completion], but a process of continual improvement over time,” CMS communications director Julie Bataille said Sunday.


Great definition of "fixed" there. It's the sort of fudging BS you see people do all the time on this site when they claim something stupid.


The American public recognizes a liar; but they also recognize a fudger, someone who doesn’t exactly lie overtly but instead changes the terms of a statement retroactively in order to pave the way for a future violation of a vow. And in one sense a fudger is even worse than a liar, because at least a liar is making a testable statement; a fudger tries to weasel his way out of anything, and won’t even acknowledge a lie when caught red-handed. America hates fudgers.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/12/01/missionaccomplished-gov/


Even when the truth would serve them better they lie and fudge instinctively and compulsively.
 
How does a website "work for most users"?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...govs-capacity-is-stable-at-its-intended-level

Remember the administration was hammered over the messy rollout of the site, which was a central part of President Obama's signature legislation, the Affordable Care Act. Faced with a site that simply did not work for many users — just 26,794 people signed up for health care through the federal site during its first month — Obama promised it would be fixed for 80 percent of people by this weekend.

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/30/247915955/deadline-day-for-aca-website

Remember the promise is to have it working for what they call the "vast majority of users," by which the administration means 80 percent of visitors to the site.

That means 1 of every 5 people will still need to use a call center, an in-person counselor, or a paper application due to a technical problem or because his or her individual situation is too complex to be handled online. So Amazon or Orbitz this is not.

So for 20% of users the site is still broken. Was that the original promise, BTW? I seem to recall he said the website would be fixed by the end of November, not 80% fixed?
 
Ahem - the website is not the biggest obstacle the ACA, and even if the site nominally 'works' the security issues should keep any rational person from using it.
 
Ahem - the website is not the biggest obstacle the ACA, and even if the site nominally 'works' the security issues should keep any rational person from using it.

It's easy to claim that a web site is easy to hack. I have yet to see anyone provide proof that it is.

Bringing John Mcafee to testify before Congress on this issue is hardly proof.
 
It's easy to claim that a web site is easy to hack. I have yet to see anyone provide proof that it is.

Proof is only for math and alcohol. But, one can provide evidence that the site is likely easy to hack, and that evidence is the incredibly poor design of the rest of the site.
 
Last edited:
Proof is only for math and alcohol. But, one can provide evidence that the site is likely easy to hack, and that evidence is the incredibly poor design of the rest of the site.

Uh, no. Evidence that the site is easily hacked comes in the form of a specific JavaScript file and the line of code that is insecure. Can you provide that or are you satisfied regurgitating something you read on WND?

Come on. Go for it. JavaScript is open and easily readable for any website on the internet. And any back end communication is invisible to you, so you couldn't possibly know if it was secure or not. So you're left with JS code to peruse. So go ahead and back up your assertion that the site is easily hacked. Let's hear it.

Bonus points for finding commented out code.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom