• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Heeeeeeere's Obamacare!

I don't think moron, but it maybe that they aren't properly troubleshooting their own PC's because they EXPECT the website to be the problem. As has been stated in this thread there are several instances where ongoing projects\upgrades to a website will require you to clear the cache to get the upgraded information. Otherwise you're merely just looping to that cached infromation. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to try a few different browsers or even a few different PC's.

I get the issue when it tries to verify my identify, a point Morrigan didn't get to when testing the website. It throws an error at that point. It has nothing to do with my browser or cache.
 
Or we could make the assumption that a website that has been so flawed with bugs and problems that it made national news for weeks still has some problems...

Nah, that's not possible. Everyone who has problems now must be a moron when it comes to computers. :rolleyes:

I should have thrown a ;) in there, sorry.

You mind saying what's the error you get? I'm curious.
 
I should have thrown a ;) in there, sorry.

You mind saying what's the error you get? I'm curious.

You're mean! :p

There's two error messages, one at the top of the form and one at the bottom.

The first says, "Important: An unexpected error occurred when we tried to verify your information. Please wait and try again later."

The second says something like this, "hey, call our number if you need help and give them the error ID" At the bottom of that message is "Error ID: ". It's real useful.
 
I get the issue when it tries to verify my identify, a point Morrigan didn't get to when testing the website. It throws an error at that point. It has nothing to do with my browser or cache.

Just out of curiosity, I went through the registration process up through verifying my identity. I didn't have any issues up to that point.

That said, it did fail on me when I tried to submit my electronic signature. I have a feeling it has to do with not providing my wife's SSN.

Edit: Now I can't log in at all. Just hangs in the user authentication - attempted on several devices. I think the whole thing may be down? After waiting a bit I get this error:

"The System is down at the moment.

We're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please try again later."
 
Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I went through the registration process up through verifying my identity. I didn't have any issues up to that point.

That said, it did fail on me when I tried to submit my electronic signature. I have a feeling it has to do with not providing my wife's SSN.

Yea, I got the aforementioned error after the electronic signature. That part worked okay.
 
I can log in again, and shop plans. It seems to be working but I a few complaints with the user interface. It took me a while to figure out exactly what I needed to click on to continue. Didn't help that the button I had to click on had no indication that it was actually a button to press. But that could just be no-script being annoying.

Plan prices are roughly what I mentioned a while back. For two married 30 year olds living in philadelphia with no subsidy eligibility, we can get a silver level PPO for $472/month. That is cheaper than what our plans through our employers costs when you take our employer's contributions into account.

Edit: Oops, that's $543 for a silver level PPO. That makes it similarly priced to what our insurance costs through our employers when employer contribution is taken into account.
 
Last edited:
Ok, so I played around with the site some. There are certainly still issues. But it seems more or less usable. Though I am irked that when I click on "view eligibility results", nothing happens.

At least I can shop for plans. That's as far as I am going to go as I am not going to be purchasing an individual plan.
 
Last edited:
I can log in again, and shop plans. It seems to be working but I a few complaints with the user interface. It took me a while to figure out exactly what I needed to click on to continue. Didn't help that the button I had to click on had no indication that it was actually a button to press. But that could just be no-script being annoying.

Plan prices are roughly what I mentioned a while back. For two married 30 year olds living in philadelphia with no subsidy eligibility, we can get a silver level PPO for $472/month. That is cheaper than what our plans through our employers costs when you take our employer's contributions into account.

Edit: Oops, that's $543 for a silver level PPO. That makes it similarly priced to what our insurance costs through our employers when employer contribution is taken into account.

Since the employer provided insurance and the exchange plan are based on expected medical costs, that is what you should expect.
 
Here's a pretty sad article:

The Obamacare exchange website originally calculated that Sanford would be eligible for a federal Obamacare tax credit that would lower her monthly premium total by $452 per month — prompting the effusive letter that Obama read aloud during a White House speech.

“I am a single mom, no child support, self-employed, and I haven’t had health insurance for 15 years because it is too expensive,” Sanford wrote to the president. “I was crying the other day when I signed up. So much stress lifted.”

But it turns out the Washington state website had incorrectly calculated her federal subsidy. So the Obamacare success story has an unhappy ending:

Sanford now says she can’t even afford the cheapest, bronze Obamacare plan. “I was like, forget that,” Sanford told the Washington State Wire. “I’m not going to pay.” She will go uninsured.

And after all the mishaps, it turns out Sanford’s son isn’t even eligible for the Medicaid plan she enrolled him in — but the structure of the state program makes it difficult, if not impossible, for Sanford to disenroll him, according to Washington insurance broker Vernon Bonfield.

Sanford now says of Obamacare, ”you are stuck on this big treadmill of bureaucracy, and you know, it feels very out of control.”

Imagine that.
 
It is understandable why the website is slow. According to President Obama 100 million Americans have signed up so far. That's almost one out of every three of us!
 
Here's a pretty sad article:



But it turns out the Washington state website had incorrectly calculated her federal subsidy. So the Obamacare success story has an unhappy ending:



Imagine that.

On par with any of the thousands of fake "horror" stories that have been told to the news or made up regarding how destructive Obamacare is going to be.

Is this a pot-kettle situation?
 
It is understandable why the website is slow. According to President Obama 100 million Americans have signed up so far. That's almost one out of every three of us!

Don't forget the 10,000 people killed in the Kansas tornado a few years ago. Here's just not that good with numbers.
 
Last edited:
It is understandable why the website is slow. According to President Obama 100 million Americans have signed up so far. That's almost one out of every three of us!

The only source I have seen for that is the Daily Mail. Or as it is often called in the UK, the Daily Fail.
 
Let's not forget the continuing security vulnerabilities either.

Ah, but the site actually helps you out there ...

healthcare-injection.png


From healthcare-gov-site-advertising-sql-injection-attacks/
 
There's two error messages, one at the top of the form and one at the bottom.

The first says, "Important: An unexpected error occurred when we tried to verify your information. Please wait and try again later."

The second says something like this, "hey, call our number if you need help and give them the error ID" At the bottom of that message is "Error ID: ". It's real useful.
Sounds like an unhandled exception, lol. That's pretty bad.

That said, it did fail on me when I tried to submit my electronic signature. I have a feeling it has to do with not providing my wife's SSN.

Edit: Now I can't log in at all. Just hangs in the user authentication - attempted on several devices. I think the whole thing may be down? After waiting a bit I get this error:

"The System is down at the moment.

We're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please try again later."
Also pretty bad. Damn.

Ah, but the site actually helps you out there ...

[qimg]http://www.redstate.com/files/2013/11/healthcare-injection.png[/qimg]

From healthcare-gov-site-advertising-sql-injection-attacks/
HAHAHAHA okay that's not bad. That's awesomely, staggeringly bad.


Just to be clear: those SQL injection attacks don't *work*, but the site seems to cache what the users are searching for its autocomplete, and doesn't sanitize this at all. Unbelievable. I actually LOLed in real life at this. It's sad, yet hilarious at the same time. Way to go, CGI... :rolleyes: :newlol
 
I get an email today from one of my PT jobs informing me of a new benefits plan starting 12/2 that meets the ACA requirement. The current plan was some garbage called Starbridge, which if I remember correctly was through Cigna. I never signed up for it but I did read through the details and remember it not really paying much for anything. After reading the details of the new ACA compliant plan from Century Health, it doesn't really seem much better.

There are two plans being offered - Value & Select. Cost for the Value plan is $19.24 per week, and the Select is $27.09 per week.

Doctors office visit (4 day max) - (V & S) 60/day
Outpatient Xray & Lab (4 day max) - (V) 35/day (S) 40/day
IP/OP Surgery (1 IP & 1 OP surgery) - (V) IP 1000 OP 500 ) (S) IP 1500 OP 600
Anesthesia - (V & S) - 25% of surgery benefit
Hospital confinement - (V) Day 1: 1000 (S) Day 1-2: 1000 p/d Day 3-5: 700 p/d
Maternity - (V & S) - Included in the above provisions
Drug - (V) Discount drug program (S) Co-pay drug program

There is a list of free preventative services (various types of screenings and/or counseling). There is no mention of any sort of deductible or OOP maximum.

So, my first question is how in the hell is this plan ACA compliant, and second, am I still eligible for the ACA subsidy (to buy a plan on the exchange) since this is categorized as a Limited Benefits Plan and not a comprehensive major medical plan.
 
Last edited:
Here's an interesting analysis from NPR on the botched rollout of Healthcare.gov. And this is one of the most interesting parts, in my view...

... Consultants shared this presentation with many key people in the Obama administration, including Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. The overall document warns of the waterfall approach's many problems for this project, as well as those unrelated to the style of software development process government was using.

Consultants noted there was no clear leader in charge of this project, which we now know contributed to its disastrous release. And there was no "end-to-end testing" of its full implementation, something we now know never happened. ...

Wow, that's just :confused:

I said it before, but I'll say it again now with emphasis: if Sebelius still has a job after March next year, it'll be a miracle. There's just no excuse for this kind of nonsense.

That said, I'm glad the site is slowly but surely getting fixed. Too bad it wasn't working correctly from the start.
 
Last edited:
The only source I have seen for that is the Daily Mail. Or as it is often called in the UK, the Daily Fail.

Ya, and they most surely faked the recording of him saying that.

OK...moving on back to planet Earth. :covereyes
 
Last edited:
I said it before, but I'll say it again now with emphasis: if Sebelius still has a job after March next year, it'll be a miracle.
No miracle need. It's not her fault, not Obama's fault. It's the GOP's fault. Life is simple when you use partisan logic to explain everything.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom