• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Sylvia Browne plays Chinook Casinos

Got to ask the Obvious question; If someone really has Psychic Powers, could'nt they make a fortune at the Casinos?

Come on now. Sylvia Browne doesn't use her powers for such sordid purposes as making money. She wants to help people!
 
Seems not very smart of a con-artist. If she'd instead predicted they were alive she'd have played to the parents' subconscious desire to believe. If they were found alive, confirmation bias would ensure that outweighed any time she guess wrong and they were found dead (of course claimed to have died only after her vision).

You can't guess right all the time. Some guesses are right, some are wrong. The only reason she's ever touted as being "right" is because of confirmation bias - although I doubt that anyone who has ever been to a psychic takes along a spreadsheet with them to count the hits and misses as that's anal retentiveness bordering on OCD quite frankly!

If a statistical analysis was done I wouldn't expect the results to be anything better than if the guesses were done by chance alone.
 
Wow. Although I don't believe she's a psychic, she should T least have some sympathy and compassion for the people who asked her questions. I just don't understand her.

She's actually changed a lot in the past decade. That behavior is just cold, callous and weird, even for her.
 
I just checked the casino website. The show on the 13th is about 2/3 sold while the show on the 14th is about 1/3. I'm guessing this won't be a sold out show. The only up coming show doing worse is the "Styx" concert. I can totally see the fanny-pack wearing, smoking through a tracheotomy hole crowd that goes to this place watching Sylvia Brown after a visit to the steam table buffet. Not sure why anyone thought this was a "Styx" crowd though.
 
That dismissive lack of warmth is genuine but it is also something she uses as part of her schtick. The kind of people who are willing/wanting to believe her are going to accept her steamrolling as authority. She wants the audience to think it comes so easily to her and having those powers of course makes you cranky. Also, being dismissive leaves no room for dissent. She's grumpy like a fox and as you know, is without shame.
 
That dismissive lack of warmth is genuine but it is also something she uses as part of her schtick. The kind of people who are willing/wanting to believe her are going to accept her steamrolling as authority. She wants the audience to think it comes so easily to her and having those powers of course makes you cranky. Also, being dismissive leaves no room for dissent. She's grumpy like a fox and as you know, is without shame.

Hi kerryoke.

Is this your opinion or do you have some inside info to support these statements?
 
I tend to go along with what kerryoke says here. Even if I didn't have insider information, I'd say it's a fairly insightful assessment of how Sylvia behaves in front of an audience.
 
Agreed, that would be my assessment also. I just wondered if Kerryoke was speaking from personal knowledge of Sylvia.
 
No, it's just my opinion. Sorry, I thought that was obvious and didn't need a disclaimer. I have been watching this woman con people for years but that is as deep as my "experience" with her goes. As soon as I have been posting long enough, I'll put up a link to my impersonation of her. It is sure to entertain. :D
 
Nothing on this forum can be taken as obvious. You're new here but if you stick around long enough, you'll soon come to see that it's fairly common for posters to be asked to show evidence to support statements made unless they are stated to be opinion with no supporting evidence.

I asked if it was your opinion only or if yo uhad insider knowledge of Sylvia Browne because some of the members here DO have insider knowledge of her and her church, and you had not made it clear whether or not you were such a person also. So I asked.

None of this is meant snarkily, by the way, just giving you a friendly heads-up :)
 
That woman again? I thought she was already unmasked!


Unfortunately, that kind of parasite is harder to eliminate than a vampire. Even after her actual death, you'll find people who will proclaim her to have been, and still remain, a great psychic, and to ask the Pope to beatificate her toot sweet !
 
I haven't seen any show reviews but when I last looked there were still PLENTY of seats available before both shows. As I recall it's a small venue too. I'm amused by her failure.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom