• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - Posting this screencap here for posterity.

This is funny because I'm looking across the pit at a a bunch of my buddies who all play fantasy football...

You are correct.

I should have said "gives you undesirable, anxiety."
 
So, how was your day?

Norm

I'm not sure if you're seriously asking, but okay. It was a normal day for the most part, the idea that nothing would happen didn't really sink in until the day had come. Now I'm just glad nothing did happen.

At what point do you start feeling like you're wasting your time kinda sorta almost believing the various wild, anonymous claims being made on the internet?

Also, how do you feel about the saying "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"?

My head doesn't see it 'wasting time,' it seems to be a extreme 'something dangerous is in the bushes' type reaction that I can't control.

It's a good quote, and I like to say I agree, but I'm unfortunately more reactionary than rational. Which is a shame. Here I let out my paranoia, in anonymous areas, like that imageboard, I act like I can debunk anything despite secretly panicking. I'm weird like that.
 
I'm not sure if you're seriously asking, but okay. It was a normal day for the most part, the idea that nothing would happen didn't really sink in until the day had come. Now I'm just glad nothing did happen.

My head doesn't see it 'wasting time,' it seems to be a extreme 'something dangerous is in the bushes' type reaction that I can't control.

It's a good quote, and I like to say I agree, but I'm unfortunately more reactionary than rational. Which is a shame. Here I let out my paranoia, in anonymous areas, like that imageboard, I act like I can debunk anything despite secretly panicking. I'm weird like that.

You are not the first poster here to admit this. The key point is you realize it's Irrational even if you can't do anything about it. Recognizing this is a step to controlling it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom