Dan O.
Banned
- Joined
- Feb 14, 2007
- Messages
- 13,594
Should we be telling John Kercher that he should be keeping a low profile, that he shouldn't be talking to the press or writting books about Meredith's death?
Continuation Part 5: Discussion of the Amanda Knox/Raffaele Sollecito case?
One your premise is faulty; each person bears responsibility for what he or she says. Two, Bill has responded to comments that were critical of the Kercher family, and so have I. Any attempt to portray it differently is a willful misrepresentation of the truth. Just as attempts to twist criticisms of Ergon as a "reporter," or of Curatolo as a "witness" into issues of spirituality or homelessness are willful misrepresentations. People can judge for themselves about who is responsible for these misleading deflections. As far as I am concerned, they are different vines from the same kudzu root.When comments like those go by unchallenged you have some responsibility , that's why I speak up.
One your premise is faulty; each person bears responsibility for what he or she says. Two, Bill has responded to comments that were critical of the Kercher family, and so have I. Any attempt to portray it differently is a willful misrepresentation of the truth. Just as attempts to twist criticisms of Ergon as a "reporter," or of Curatolo as a "witness" into issues of spirituality or homelessness are willful misrepresentations. People can judge for themselves about who is responsible for these misleading deflections. As far as I am concerned, they are different vines from the same kudzu root.
ETA
By your logic, any time pro-innocence supporters are subject to irrelevant and uncivil attacks, you should hold yourself responsible to put things right. I'll leave it to you to demonstrate that you have indeed done so.
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: XXVII. MAIN DISCUSSION, MARCH 29 -
But let me tell you this. I am done censoring myself because I am an admin of this site. I am a spiritual person, first, and I have spiritual views. As I suppose many others do, and I intend to express, not, my personal spiritual beliefs, but my spiritual take on THIS case. There is much in your philosophy, Horatio, etc
And malvern has it right. They aren't attacking me, they are attacking every thing to do with the case, and they are attacking me not for my views, but my work on it.
Know him personally no nor do I need to. I speak up when the Kercher's are bashed here as well. I was offended with the comments towards Toto. There is something wrong about mocking someone's faith , race or position in life. It seemed obvious to me that Ergon was someone you wanted to discredit, which translates that the message , not the spiritual one, was somehow threatening.
One your premise is faulty; each person bears responsibility for what he or she says. Two, Bill has responded to comments that were critical of the Kercher family, and so have I. Any attempt to portray it differently is a willful misrepresentation of the truth. Just as attempts to twist criticisms of Ergon as a "reporter," or of Curatolo as a "witness" into issues of spirituality or homelessness are willful misrepresentations. People can judge for themselves about who is responsible for these misleading deflections. As far as I am concerned, they are different vines from the same kudzu root.
ETA
By your logic, any time pro-innocence supporters are subject to irrelevant and uncivil attacks, you should hold yourself responsible to put things right. I'll leave it to you to demonstrate that you have indeed done so.
What innuendo? Accusing the Kerchers of being interested in money only in their pursuit of the defendants comes to mind off hand, Supernaut shared that sentiment a few times.
Did I direct my comment about the Kerchers to you or Bill directly, no, you suggested that negative comments against them were only innuendo and wanted proof. Are you and Bill moderators always present here? We all have a responsibility to speak up against the unspeakable, if you or someone happen to do it first I don't have to. The times I spoke up no one had , so I don't get your point. Bill did say the Kerchers get a pass and I agree, regardless if you think the defendants are innocent.
As for negative comments about Toto, My attitude toward him is that he is an unfortunate stooge for the Perugian authorities. He's a homeless guy who probably is a bit of a loon. I feel sorry for Toto, but that doesn't mean I think he's credible or reliable.
There is nothing wrong with mocking the fact that Toto is being used as a witness. I mock the fact that he can't tell the difference between October 31 and November 1. I mock the fact that he's been a prosecution witness in 3 murder trials. I mock the fact that he only came forward after a year.
Briars something is confusing about your Kercher position. If one of your idols, Ergon, can maintain he is the Messiah and he knew Mignini in a past life,and it is not allowed to mock him for that, why can't someone have the opinion that John K is in it for the money.
I would posit the latter is far more likely than the former.
I don't remember if I was one that wrote condemnations of SN's anti-Semite rants but I certainly supported those that did.
I'm sure in the long history of murders in some cases the victim's family did try to profit. It could be that JK is trying to do so. I have no idea or opinion about that, but if it were true that would be wrong. Don't you agree?
In the thousands of posts here there have been very few that expressed anything against the Kerchers. On the other hand the PGP sites have rarely had 10 posts go by without an attack on anyone remotely PI. Groupietm anyone. Lady Preston.
Melloxes. The mall fur salesman. Etc. Etc.
What is your point Mary many religions believe in past lives many people believe there is an order to life's events. John Kercher believed his daughter sent white feathers. If you do not like that side of Ergon don't read it, it doesn't interfere with his factual reporting .You have absolutely no business mocking it, Bill should be delivering this sermon but must be wearing a different hat on line.
Know him personally no nor do I need to. I speak up when the Kercher's are bashed here as well. I was offended with the comments towards Toto. There is something wrong about mocking someone's faith , race or position in life. It seemed obvious to me that Ergon was someone you wanted to discredit, which translates that the message , not the spiritual one, was somehow threatening.
What innuendo? Accusing the Kerchers of being interested in money only in their pursuit of the defendants comes to mind off hand, Supernaut shared that sentiment a few times.
This is just depressing to be having a conversation about tit for tat involving Meredith's family I've got nothing more to say for fear the debate will continue.
Know him personally no nor do I need to. I speak up when the Kercher's are bashed here as well. I was offended with the comments towards Toto. There is something wrong about mocking someone's faith , race or position in life. It seemed obvious to me that Ergon was someone you wanted to discredit, which translates that the message , not the spiritual one, was somehow threatening.
You do know he is no longer with us.
Hey Bill, way the call it, I wouldn't have believed it possible.
As it turns out, we agree completely on this topic. In fact, I figure that we agree on most topics. We should probably agree to disagree on the few we can't seem to meet in the middle on and realize we have been on the same side all along.
I agree with you on both Ergon and Frank. I have seen people focus on the fact that Ergon exchanged e-mails with Migi rather than the content of the e-mail quoted by Ergon. For those who lost it in the trees, here it is....
This is interesting. First, Frank is given the status as being a member of the press (as that is what he is being charged with), and second, Mignini is the injured party here showing his involvement in the prosecution. IIRC, the thing that got Frank in trouble was saying something about how Mignini relies on the testimony of drug dealers. Curatolo comes to mind immediately. This tells me how restricted the press is in Italy, being subject to a lawsuit every time a criticism of a judge is made. I would hope other members of the press are watching the outcome of this carefully.
As I understand it, this quote from Perugia Shock appears in the complaint:
And Mignini claims that, by writing this, Frank compared Mignini himself to tramps and pushers. Mignini also names these "persons informed of the facts" as his supporters in the lawsuit: Monica Napoleoni, Francesco Maresca, Francesca Bene (Giornale dell'Umbria) and Erica Pontini (Nazione dell'Umbria).
It doesn't strike me as a positive thing for Frank, to have these other journalists on Mignini's side. They may claim not to be of the opinion that the press is restricted.