I've been wondering what the name of that sub captain was.
Don't know if it's been already discussed but I just listened to the Skeptoid podcast on this subject. His analysis of the issue with eyewitness reports and the speed of sound is pretty conclusive.
He fails this over and over and accuses us of being dishonest when we won't take the word of his friends uncles brother.
Wouldn't that just be his friend's other uncle?![]()
Sound takes about 5 seconds to do a mile so the sound of the explosing would take about 50 seconds to do 10 miles.
President Clinton enacted Executive Order 13039 (I have a copy of this order obtained through FOIA) on March 11 1997, which states any member of the Naval Special Warfare Group that leaks data in regards to the recovery/investigation of TWA flight 800 will not be protected by federal whistle-blower laws.
Nothing at all about Flight 800. Not to mention, why would you have to FOIA a document publicly available on the national Archives website?Executive Order 13039 of March 11, 1997
Exclusion of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group
From the Federal Labor-Management Relations Program
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 7103(b)(1) of title 5 of the United States Code, and having determined that the Naval Special
Warfare Development Group has as a primary function intelligence, counter-intelligence, investigative, or national security work and that the provisions of Chapter 71 of title 5 of the United States Code cannot be applied to
this organization in a manner consistent with national security requirements and considerations, Executive Order 12171 of November 19, 1979, as amended, is further amended by adding the following at the end of section 1-
205:
‘‘(i) Naval Special Warfare Development Group.’’
I heard back from the author, Cashill, on the impossibility of the witnesses claims of blast waves being so strong at 10 miles as to shake a bridge or house. "I took them at their word."
Well dang I guess that settles it then, lol....but what about the witnesses' that didn't report it? Do they cancel out each other?
Doubtful. Odds are the CT loon saw "Naval" and "Executive Order" in the same citation and jumped to the inevitable conclusion.Was any member of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group involved in the investigation of TWA 800?
They were probably in the acoustic shadow.
If so then a plotting of who heard what would show you that 'shadow' - has that been done? However if it is scattered with no regionalization then.......
A study of the audibility of the CWT explosion was conducted: http://twa800.com/witnesscd/Doc516-C.pdf
I haven't read it but a search shows it discusses shadows in detail.
Extremely unlikely but possible I suppose. The NSWDG is the successor to SEAL Team Six and is an operationall SOF unit rather than an investigative unit; it's *possible* that the expertise of some of there members was requested during the investigation.Was any member of the Naval Special Warfare Development Group involved in the investigation of TWA 800?
WHy not, he ignores my experience with Navy AA missiles in actual combat over the story from a man sat on a bridge 10 miles away.
Show us your MACH 4 ejecta from the RADAR data; where is the paper?
Extremely unlikely but possible I suppose. The NSWDG is the successor to SEAL Team Six and is an operationall SOF unit rather than an investigative unit; it's *possible* that the expertise of some of there members was requested during the investigation.
It was an SSBN. They carry ICBMs. They do not carry Surface to Air Missiles. They are not even fitted for them. There is a substantial difference between a Trident and an SM-2. There is also no Guided Missile equipment mounted anywhere on an SSBN, to guide the SAM to the target.
I heard back from the author, Cashill, on the impossibility of the witnesses claims of blast waves being so strong at 10 miles as to shake a bridge or house. "I took them at their word."