That won't work. First, I'd like to see you confront Dr Stalcup...
Gladly. Bring him here.
Don't play games. You hide behind these witnesses and pseudo-experts. You don't understand their testimony and you refuse to defend it. Again, that's like being foisted with witnesses we can't cross-examine. You insinuate that we are afraid of your witnesses, but in fact it is who who are afraid of a refutation of them, because you can't answer it. This is a well-worn conspiracy theory tactic, and it's not fooling anyone.
When Dr Stalcup (a physicist)...
Interpreting ATC radar is not part of any physics curriculum I'm aware of. I'm not prepared to accept him as an expert in the interpretation of radar records.
...applied scientific examination to this he discovered that the lead pieces of debris showed up on the progressive radar sweeps at a distance that would have required a mach 4 speed to reach that point.
Not a valid method for establishing a radar track.
...since the labeler has offered nothing to disprove Stalcup's methods or results (nor has the government).
No such burden of proof exists. Stalcup has the burden to prove his method is valid. He has not done so, hence we have no obligation to trust the results of his analysis.
Also, the FBI/NTSB conclusion for the cause of the crash showed a front tank wall that allegedly blasted forward in a uniform manner. How could this blast pattern produce a one-sided asymmetric plume to one side of the aircraft?
For two reasons. First, the only evidence of an "asymmetric plume" is poorly-interpreted radar data. Second, debris dispersal patterns are not expected to be symmetrical in an airframe breakup. Stalcup is an expert neither in the interpretation of radar nor in the aerodynamics of airframe failure.
These are scientific points that require credible answers.
No, it's pseudo-science designed to support a pre-existing conspiracy theory. The proponents have the burden to prove their methods are valid and that the results they derive by those methods are reliable to an extent they can demonstrate. There is a procedure for validating methods. Stalcup has not followed those methods.
This is common pseudo-scientific practice. Conspiracy authors drag up some expert who has valid credentials, but who -- in the case in question -- abandons reliable methods and just "goes off the reservation" to make wild claims with the semblance of science about them. What makes a scientific finding valid is its adherence to the scientific method, not the credentials of its proponent. Stalcup did not validate his method. That's the most colossal error one can make in science.
So let me put the burden of proof back on you, where it belongs. You keep throwing around the word "forensic," and you keep claiming that "forensic" science disproves the prevailing theory. However I note a conspicuous lack of any similarly rigorous forensic science to prove that
your theory also answers the evidence. You simply tell us that a missile strike will produce the "Mach 4 ejecta cloud," you say you observe, but where's your science to prove that? You simply tell us that a high-order ordnance detonation will shake a highway bridge from 20 miles away. Where's your empirical experiment to show that?
You clearly have a double standard when it comes to proving forensic engineering hypotheses. Apparently only handwaving suffices to establish or falsify your hypothesis, but any competing hypothesis has to be empirically valid clear out to your arbitrary, layman's standard of proof. How does that work?
So far I haven't seen any. The radar tapes are hard evidence.
Nonsense. It's classic pseudo-science, for the reasons already stated.
Well, I guess the answer to that is no "expert" has disproven Stalcup's results.
No such burden of proof exist.
Stalcup is highly qualified.
Irrelevant. His study does not follow the scientific method.
Nor have you shown any flaw in his calculations.
Unnecessary. He did not validate the method of which those calculations form a part. You're putting the cart before the horse.
You also ignore that Stalcup is backed by some top experts in the field who helped him and endorse his findings.
Name them and show where they did the necessary science to reproduce his results, in relevant peer-reviewed journals.
You need to show how a pattern of debris clearly caught on radar...
No, I don't. Subversion of support: you first need to prove there was a Mach 4 ejecta cloud that requires an explanation.
So far you haven't offered anything.
Shifting the burden of proof. I have shown that your "expert's" claim lacks foundation. Since everything subsequent to that in your line of reasoning depends on his conclusion as a premise, your argument fails right there and then.
Don't forget the lack of loss forward speed caught by that same radar...
Same premise,
ergo same fallacy (subversion of support).
Why don't you show us your credibility and answer how a fuel tank explosion created a one-sided ejecta plume while the forensics NTSB presented in the hangar show a forward tank wall that blew-out uniformly?
Bench experiments can only prove general congruence. If the hangar and featured a full airframe in flight with proper aerodynamic loading then you can expect it to be of suitable fidelity. But I have already answered this twice now.
Obfuscation. You need to explain how a piece of ejecta in the leading portion of that plume could reach a point that would take mach 4 to get it there...
No. It's not obfuscation -- I'm showing you the flaw in your reasoning. The "Mach 4" straw-man is an inference based on the interpretation of radar data made by an unqualified individual according to an unproven method. I don't have to explain anything that you can't prove is a fact. You desperately want me to accept that pseudo-scientific conclusion as a valid requirement for any credible explanation.
Sorry, that's not how science works. It's most certainly not how a forensic engineering explanation works. A forensic engineering finding has to stand up not only to the rigors of science, but to the probing and prodding of adverse attorneys and their experts who are well-motivated to poke any hole your theory. I'm probing your theory in its weakest spot. I realize that may not be where you want me to poke it, but I'm not sorry about that.
That's not true. I've already given evidence you didn't answer of impossible shockwaves.
Of course I answered it. You are completely unable to rejoin the argument on that point in the face of rebuttals and questions.
You ignored blast striations in the nose gear assembly.
No, it's in the queue. But you're Gish-galloping in order to avoid a detailed discussion of any one particular point. We're quite familiar with this tactic. So we're intentionally limiting you to a few points at a time so you can't dart from topic to topic evasively -- which is quite obviously what you're trying to do.
Pure evasive sophistry. Anyone can see you're not answering the evidence.
Why are you trying to make up the readers' minds for them? I'm happy letting them decide which one of us is being evasive.
Which gives you no excuse for your technical delinquency.
I'm happy letting the readers decide for themselves which of us is technically delinquent. You've all but admitted you're just quoting conspiracy web sites. How does that give you superior technical understanding?
Did you know that Boeing made a statement that disclaimed any association with CIA's Zoom Climb? They said they didn't know where CIA got its science from or how it reached its conclusions.
That's because Boeing was in deep litigation over potential design and maintenance flaws. They have to do such things to establish, in a legal sense, their position on the objective validity of their engineering designs. If a government agency comes out with some particular theory, and that theory might end up in court, then Boeing has to be on record regarding it. They would not have exercised due diligence by not publicly contesting the finding, regardless of the scientific or engineering rationale behind it.
It's funny how people who back the government version...
Whoa! Who said anything about "backing" any version? You presented your theory and I'm showing you what's wrong with it. No one is making any counterclaims or arguing from some desired or entrenched position. Your inability to support your specific theory with any credible evidence has nothing to do with
...ignore the multitudes of flops in evidence the official investigation committed.
Irrelevant. No amount of "flops" identified by eager armchair investigators constitutes proof for any given affirmative claim.
Not withstanding the fact they never discovered any forensic evidence of the short circuit they claimed...
And from your vast experience in forensic engineering investigations, please tell me how often those sorts of things actually
are found?
...which airline history shows was very hard to miss in other such cases.
I'm sure you'll be able to cite a compendium of NSTB findings to that effect.
The evasive wordsmithing and opinionating vs the evidence I presented is obvious in this reply.
I'm comfortable letting the readers decide which of us is making the most credible argument. You, on the other hand, seem very, very eager to plant a vote in the readers' minds. Why is that?
You presented several points. I answered each of them in turn, with rebuttals that you're simply scoffing away as "obfuscation" and "sophistry." At a certain point, when your Gish Gallop became apparent, I started tabling points. But that's only because we see your tactic here.
I make no assertion about his honesty, either generally or specifically. I merely point out that his testimony is not credible for the reasons I've already stated. You can either address those reasons or you can keep trying to buttress a clearly
ad hominem rejoinder.
Those nuclear bomb claims are silly.
Do the math to show why. You keep alluding to engineering principles such as resonance and the "frequency" of a shock wave. But to date you have failed to produce any evidence that the airplane, the submarine, a missile, or a bridge would in any way behave as you claim.
If we shot-off a US missile with 2000 foot per second high-explosives it would shake that bridge, I guarantee you.
Begging the question. You claim science backs you up, but you are unable to do the science. Hence you cannot know that. You can't produce computations to show that, even though you've alluded to such computable things as resonance. You can't even discuss the nature of the forensic engineering claim in general terms.
Do not "guarantee" me anything. I'm an engineer and you're discussing an engineering problem. Your "guarantee" in that context would be an engineering proof that shows me your answer is correct.
Smart people can see the direct evidence was avoided in this reply and wasn't disproven.
"If you disagree with me, you're just not smart." Again,
such a strong argument.
Of course some people think their obvious sophistry is above the witnessing of these criminal acts by the credible professionals who were there and witnessed it.
Asked and answered. One does not arrive at the proper picture of an event by focusing on outlying evidence to the exclusion of all else.