...
- Here, post #688. Border Reiver commented and agreed that it would be a better use of time in post #691. And in post #694 you responded to Border and rudely called me a shill. Hardly civil.1
- Yes, you finally answered my question by giving me a false consolation and telling me at least I wouldn't starve. State run education not only prevented me from starving but allowed me to go to a university and to get a good career for 27 years.2
- I got an education and went on to a university. Something I and many poor people could never get. That's a fact.3 I got an education from state run schools. Colleges accept state run schooling and they accepted me on the strength of my ACT's and AP courses. They would have never accepted me if there were no state run education. I could not have possibly have taken AP course and passed my ACT's.
- If parents don't have money to send 5 kids to school then keep them home and put them to work.4...
You've never acknowledged the fact
5 that state run compulsory school gave me, a guy who would have otherwise been illiterate and able to only work menial jobs (we need ditch diggers so let the poor people do that, they won't starve). I'll bet that really burns you that a state run education empowered me to be better off than my parents. I'll bet it really burns you that I was able to go to a university.
6 I'm not the only one BTW. I grew up with lots of poor kids and many of them went on to get degrees. One of my best friends, after graduating with a business degree opened a cabinet shop in SLC. He retired and turned the business over to his sons. I know kids who went on to be attys, physicians, etc. My best man at my wedding is an optometrist with a very successful business in Idaho. These are anecdotes but they falsify your claims.
Your claims that poor people cannot get an education in state run compulsory school is demonstrably false.
6 Your consolation that we wouldn't starve is fatuous at best.
7