But don't think that a lot of people ever believed that the PGF was real. They still don't.
It's always been a fringe belief. For people who can keep blind faith through all the obvious bunk. It's a small select group who really are weirdos.
The impact of Patterson's film on the world of Bigfootery is larger than what most footers realize. I'm pretty sure it was the PGF that started a trend of walking in front of a camera while wearing a gorilla costume. You can rest assured though, the PGF isn't some guy in a poorly constructed halloween costume that was purchased down the street.
I appreciate you clearing that up. And FTR I wasn't judgin' I was just sayin'.What I meant was that an accurate poll in (say) 1968 would have shown very few people believing that the PGF was authentic. That same poll now would again show very few people with positive PGF belief.
The reason is that the great majority of people (society in general) understand that Bigfoot is a myth and of course the PGF is a hoax. It always has been that way.
I wasn't making a comparison of Bigfooters who believe in the PGF and those who don't.
The good thing about the PGF is that hardly anybody in society thinks that it shows a genuine Bigfoot. With most of those people also going on to say that Bigfoot doesn't exist in the first place.
Declaring that the costume was not a cheap consumer job, but rather, a more expensive, semi-professional job is proof of what exactly?...You can rest assured though, the PGF isn't some guy in a poorly constructed halloween costume that was purchased down the street.

The impact of Patterson's film on the world of Bigfootery is larger than what most footers realize. I'm pretty sure it was the PGF that started a trend of walking in front of a camera while wearing a gorilla costume. You can rest assured though, the PGF isn't some guy in a poorly constructed halloween costume that was purchased down the street.
Is the bigfoot in the film real?
Or do you now concede that the Patterson film is hoaxed?
I've always believed it is real and not hoaxed.
Is the bigfoot in the film real?
Or do you now concede that the Patterson film is hoaxed?
I've always believed it is real and not hoaxed.
I've always believed it is real and not hoaxed.
I've always believed it is real and not hoaxed.
I've always believed it is real and not hoaxed.
People here sometimes nitpick certain things that are not relevant to the authenticity of the animal caught on film. Roger Patterson could have been a thief and a conman, but it doesn't change the film in any way in my opinion.
Which animal? The guy in the suit?People here sometimes nitpick certain things that are not relevant to the authenticity of the animal caught on film.
It's part of the art of the con. But you're correct, it doesn't change the fact that it's a film of a guy in a suit.Roger Patterson could have been a thief and a conman, but it doesn't change the film in any way in my opinion.
People here sometimes nitpick certain things that are not relevant to the authenticity of the animal caught on film. Roger Patterson could have been a thief and a conman, but it doesn't change the film in any way in my opinion.
Krantz reports that "[a] few years after the film was made, Patterson received a written letter from a man in Thailand who assured him a Sasquatch was being held in a Buddhist monastery. Patterson spent most of his remaining money preparing an expedition to retrieve this creature" only to learn it was a hoax.
Roger Patterson didn't have any history of hoaxing prior to the film
and his small history of unethical behavior is not something that I would consider damaging to any personal interests he had.
Roger Patterson was actually a hoaxee:
In my opinion, the detail of her body is unreasonably realistic for a costume of that size. Especially a costume that was supposedly made over 45 years ago.