• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Morsi Ousted By The Army...

No plan.

This is just one of them things ... see about the last six thousand years of the history of human civilization. :p
A historian once said, in regard to conspiracy theories, "History shows us how things don't happen". And they don't happen through ever-expanding conspiracies and fiendish plans.

Which is not to say there aren't conspiracies and fiendish plots, far from it, but they have a short half-life. Were there those in the Army who thought the best argument against religious government was a bit of experience? I've thought that for a long time myself, so I don't see why not. I guess we'll never get the whole story.

I'm hearing that there's fuel in the pumps again and food in the shops. The coup is looking increasingly engineered, it seems to me.
 
A historian once said, in regard to conspiracy theories, "History shows us how things don't happen". And they don't happen through ever-expanding conspiracies and fiendish plans.

Which is not to say there aren't conspiracies and fiendish plots, far from it, but they have a short half-life. Were there those in the Army who thought the best argument against religious government was a bit of experience? I've thought that for a long time myself, so I don't see why not. I guess we'll never get the whole story.

I'm hearing that there's fuel in the pumps again and food in the shops. The coup is looking increasingly engineered, it seems to me.

Possibly an engineered coup although I would expect Morsi to have blamed someone for the shortages when he was criticised. The presence of fuel and food may also be something to do with the $8 billion from Saudi Arabia and the UAF.
 
Possibly an engineered coup although I would expect Morsi to have blamed someone for the shortages when he was criticised. The presence of fuel and food may also be something to do with the $8 billion from Saudi Arabia and the UAF.
It might, but it seems a rather rapid result of that, almost as if supplies were in Egypt but being held back. Reminiscent of Chile in '73.

Interesting that the Sauds have intervened against Islamists in Egypt, just as they seem to be doing in Syria. Their policy of promoting conservative religion backfired badly and now they're trying to get it back in the box.
 
A historian once said, in regard to conspiracy theories, "History shows us how things don't happen". And they don't happen through ever-expanding conspiracies and fiendish plans.

Which is not to say there aren't conspiracies and fiendish plots, far from it, but they have a short half-life. Were there those in the Army who thought the best argument against religious government was a bit of experience? I've thought that for a long time myself, so I don't see why not. I guess we'll never get the whole story.
I'm hearing that there's fuel in the pumps again and food in the shops. The coup is looking increasingly engineered, it seems to me.

It seems far fetched, but the more I think about it...

I don't think the army wanted any part of this. However, given the opportunity, the more worldly, secular elements of command might have seen the chance to move the general population in a more modern, industrialized direction in reaction to a taste of life under the Brotherhood.
 
This is going to turn really ugly. The Muslim Brotherhood now has little options left in trying to restore democracy. It's a real shame that decent people like Baradei lent themselves to support this coup.

"Restore Democracy", huh? Well, they tried brutalizing protesters with rape and gunfire, and that didn't work. Maybe rallying the racist religious bigots will do the trick.
 
"Restore Democracy", huh? Well, they tried brutalizing protesters with rape and gunfire, and that didn't work. Maybe rallying the racist religious bigots will do the trick.

Well, maybe going back to the brutalizing protesters (or just shooting them) will help.

The Muslim Brotherhood said that 66 people were killed and another 61 were “brain dead” on life support machines, after a violent repression of a protest by supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi. The health ministry put the toll from the night's violence at 72.

“They were not shooting to wound, they were shooting to kill,” said Gehad El-Haddad, Brotherhood spokesman. “The bullet wounds are in the head and chest.”

The Sunday Telegraph saw the aftermath of the violence first hand on Saturday at a makeshift field hospital close to the Rabaa al-Adawiya mosque, where dozens of corpses were laid out in a room and blood soaked the carpets.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ng-over-100-Muslim-Brotherhood-followers.html
 
Anyway, Morsi has now been sentenced to death, "along with 100 others".

An Egyptian court has sentenced the ousted president Mohamed Morsi to death for his part in a mass jailbreak in 2011.

The verdict, by Judge Shaaban el-Shami, was announced on Saturday in a Cairo court where Morsi was also facing charges of espionage. As is customary in passing capital punishment, the death sentence on Morsi and more than 100 others will be referred to the country’s top Muslim theologian, or mufti, for his non-binding opinion.

Morsi, Egypt’s first freely elected president, was ousted by the military in July 2013 after days of mass street protests by Egyptians demanding that he be removed because of his divisive policies.
 
It will be interesting to see what the mufti has to say.
(Particularly if one is named Morsi)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom