Boston vs Perugia
1 of my sisters has a huge, I mean huge DVD collection. She+her old man work for 1 of
The Studies here in town,
they get 'em cheaper it seems...
Anyways, as I spend many hours at the beach trying to observe the local wildlife,
I get burnt out often and will take a few hour break+pop in a DVD.
I've been going thru their "B"s collection, grab a few without readin' the story line and plop 'em in+play.
I recently watched a movie called
"Boys Don't Cry". Saw another 1 called
"The Black Dahlia".
Kinda suprised me to find out the chick starrin' in both was the same,
this chick is
some actress. I'm impressed abit, even though I don't really care to follow "Hollywood".
(*)
I noticed
she went out surfin' a few days ago, so I got to shoot some surfpix of this dame in the waters of L.A.
with a big smile on her face as she caught a couple, cool...
I kinda dig the older flicks,
the cars, clothes, etc. are the real deal, not some newer version of what it was supposed to be like back then.
I have recently also watched an old flick from The '60's called
"The Boston Strangler". Horrible, tragic story, case never officially solved...
Anyways,
just a moment ago,
I read that
The Boston Strangler case has reportedly been solved!
Here's a snippet and a link to the story,
the hiliting is obviously mine:
The strangler's last victim would be 19-year-old Mary Sullivan, strangled with her own stocking in her Beacon Hill apartment on tony Charles Street. She was also sexually savaged.
Her killer left behind seminal fluids that were lifted from a maroon blanket her body was covered with. That remains the only DNA evidence in the entire Boston Strangler investigation: six samples that the Boston Police Crime Lab's lead forensic scientist Robert Hayes preserved as he waited for technology to advance to the point where nuclear DNA could be positively matched to a suspect.
First, police had to make sure the Y-chromosomes in those DNA samples were a familial match to DeSalvo in order to convince a judge to let investigators disturb his grave. So BPD Sgt. Brian Albert, a surveillance expert, followed nephew Tim DeSalvo to his worksite in Boston and retrieved a water bottle he drank from and left behind. It was a match to the samples collected in the 1964 Beacon Hill murder, excluding 99.9 percent of the male population from suspicion in Mary Sullivan's killing, Hayes said, and pointing to Albert DeSalvo with near certainty as the man responsible.
Link:
http://gma.yahoo.com/boston-strangler-case-solved-50-years-later-183059057--abc-news-topstories.html
But I wonder still of something:
Are the authorities in Perugia, Italy EVER gonna test a possible semen stainfound on a pillow that was found placed underneath Miss Meredith Kercher's dead, naked body, between her legs?
If they do so though,
I hope that they do a better job testing the DNA sample found in Miss Kercher's bedroom
than they did in this shocking story that
Halides1 posted earlier:
Halides1 said:
In 2011 James Careless ("DNA An Imprecise Science") wrote, "In 2003, Italian DNA evidence implicated an English bartender, Peter Hamkin, in the murder of Annalisa Vincenti, who had been killed in Tuscany the summer before. Based on that evidence, Hamkin was arrested in Liverpool, even though he had never been to Italy and had dozens of witnesses attesting to his whereabouts in England when the crime occurred. But Hamkin’s DNA was available in international police records, due to a drunk-driving conviction in 2001. Despite the wealth of contradictory human and documentary evidence, the DNA test prevailed — until a second DNA test cleared Hamkin before his extradition hearing began."
Mr. Careless also wrote, "And what about defence lawyers? 'Defence attorneys must make sure they get the whole DNA file during disclosure,' says Dr. [John] Waye. 'Moreover, they need to get the help of qualified DNA experts to go over these tests, to look for flaws and shortcomings.'"
(*) For the regular
"crew"
Esh, my last significent "girlfriend" has a sis named Juliett Lewis,
I'd never even heard of her, + my lil' sis' laughed at that, hahaha...