Dan O.
Banned
- Joined
- Feb 14, 2007
- Messages
- 13,594
So I guess you would want to put the knife in an oven drying it out as much as possible and then quickly putting it in bleach and the same capillary action would suck the bleach in to the crack and that would destroy the DNA???
As I said, that won't be 100% effective.
I would want to put the knife in a blast furnace that would burn off the handle and melt the blade into an unrecognizable puddle.
I am reminded of a short story murder mystery that came out shortly after the advent of memory plastics. The victim was stabbed with a sharp instrument like a knife. The detective found a pot of hot water on the stove. The water contained traces of the victim's blood and in the bottom of the pot there was a plastic ashtray.