• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Pro-Abortion Protestors Chant Hail Satan. (maybe)

Abdul Alhazred

Philosopher
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
6,023
Last edited:
I don't hear the "mob" saying any such thing. The one lady at the end clearly seems to say it, mockingly, might I add. I hear too many syllables from the chant trying to drown out amazing grace for it to be "Hail Satan."

This was some crap drudged up by the religious right. "They must be devil worshippers."
 
Apparently it was indeed "Hail Satan"; but according to this report it was five people at most. And the prolifers had to tape practically the whole day to isolate the one instance of it that wasn't drowned out by their hymn-singing.
Frankly, if I'd had to spend hours listening to hymns. chants and prayers bellowed out by that lot, I'd be tempted to chuck a "hail Satan" back at them.
 
I don't hear the "mob" saying any such thing. The one lady at the end clearly seems to say it, mockingly, might I add. I hear too many syllables from the chant trying to drown out amazing grace for it to be "Hail Satan."
I thought there were one too many syllables in it, so that it was something like "Hail Satan go!" But yes, it was certainly meant mockingly.
 
Then it proves beyond a doubt that atheists = satanists.

Even if that were true, again, so what? How does that affect the abortion debate? The pro-choice position is not religion-based so the religion or lack thereof of the proponents are immaterial to the argument.
 
The UK Church Of Satan has already distanced themselves from any antics.
 
"Pro-abortion..."? Look, OP, people who support the legality of abortion are pro-women's-health, pro-choice, pro-her-body-her-right. Calling us "pro-abortion" is a gross mischaracterization of women's constitutional right, upheld by the Supreme Court, to have a procedure to terminate a fertilized egg.

Your choice of language is despicable.
 
Well, just goes to show - sometimes religious people CAN be on the right side after all.
 
I hear a chant of "nonsense nonsense". I don't hear any "hail Satan" and it's highly unlikely. There is some other chant at the beginning that sounds like a longer sentence than 'nonsense' and I can't make it out but it's not what is being claimed.

Have any of the people who were there commented yet?
 
Pretty funny that the only people that would think they are not joking are the people that it is directed towards.
 
"Pro-abortion..."? Look, OP, people who support the legality of abortion are pro-women's-health, pro-choice, pro-her-body-her-right. Calling us "pro-abortion" is a gross mischaracterization of women's constitutional right, upheld by the Supreme Court, to have a procedure to terminate a fertilized egg.

Your choice of language is despicable.

Meh, I'm pro-abortion, and I wouldn't shy from the term. "Pro-choice" and "pro-women's-health" sound too newspeak-ish and annoying for my taste, like you're trying to hide something, it's as grating as "Pro-family."
 
Meh, I'm pro-abortion, and I wouldn't shy from the term. "Pro-choice" and "pro-women's-health" sound too newspeak-ish and annoying for my taste, like you're trying to hide something, it's as grating as "Pro-family."

Okay, it's certainly your choice and right. For many pro-choice advocates the term "pro-abortion" lends a skewed connotation of promotion of the procedure for its own sake. Pro-choice on the other hand means you agree that a woman has a right to choose what she can do with her own body.

Pro-abortion is a term that conservatives use to mean the same as "pro-baby-killing". You're entitled to detach yourself from that spin, but like many pro-choice advocates I prefer safer, less offensive language.
 
Apparently it was indeed "Hail Satan"; but according to this report it was five people at most. And the prolifers had to tape practically the whole day to isolate the one instance of it that wasn't drowned out by their hymn-singing.
Frankly, if I'd had to spend hours listening to hymns. chants and prayers bellowed out by that lot, I'd be tempted to chuck a "hail Satan" back at them.

:)
 
Look, you hire your protestors from Craigslist and a few nuts are bound to slip in.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom