• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

New TWA Flight 800 film coming out

But imagine if it had been a boat accident, and people trapped in the wreckage with only little air left. Shouldn't the divers be equipped for as fast rescue as possible then?

The odds of anyone surviving a plane exploding, falling thousands of feet, impacting the water, sinking 100 feet, and waiting for rescue divers in an air pocket is astoundingly low. It would have been a terrible shame for divers to then kill them by pulling them out immediately and giving them the bends or an air embolism.

Again, that would be a situation that required careful planning.
 
The odds of anyone surviving a plane exploding, falling thousands of feet, impacting the water, sinking 100 feet, and waiting for rescue divers in an air pocket is astoundingly low. It would have been a terrible shame for divers to then kill them by pulling them out immediately and giving them the bends or an air embolism.

Again, that would be a situation that required careful planning.

Yeah, but isn't there a professional rescue preparedness for boat accidents? The chance for air pockets would be much greater then.
 
Don't know, but I do know this wasn't a boat accident and wouldn't be treated like one.
 
But ALL clothes? For a vast number of victims? Must have been a hefty depressuring to strip all those victims completely naked.
Guess what happens when we hit the air at 400 mph? Then hit the water at 400 mph? Add physics to your long and never ending list of don't do.

Everyone should study stuff before coming to class clueless and making idiotic comments which expose a deep and persistent ignorance on everything needed to understand an aircraft accident.

Tell the truth, you are in remedial typing class, acting like a troll to get typing practice, and you used JREF because you don't like or care for JREF. Go ahead, tell the truth once.
 
But imagine if it had been a boat accident, and people trapped in the wreckage with only little air left. Shouldn't the divers be equipped for as fast rescue as possible then?

We're not using our "imagination" to completely change the circumstances of the tragedy. The fact is it WASN'T a boat accident, as stated. I am not a diver, nor would I claim to have any knowledge, but my best guess would be that they are handled completely differently.

From everything I have read, they went into this accident expecting no survivors.
 
Yeah, but isn't there a professional rescue preparedness for boat accidents? The chance for air pockets would be much greater then.

Sitting below 100 ft. of water for an extended period......

Put it this way Anders......
I'll pay for the boat if you let me sink it with you on it and we'll wait a bunch
of hours and see whether you are still alive.. (heheheh)
\
Just joking Anders.
 
Sitting below 100 ft. of water for an extended period......

Put it this way Anders......
I'll pay for the boat if you let me sink it with you on it and we'll wait a bunch
of hours and see whether you are still alive.. (heheheh)
\
Just joking Anders.

It happens. Just last month actually, someone was stuck in a boat for a couple days at 30 meters.

But it's never happened in a plane crash as far as I can tell.
 
It happens. Just last month actually, someone was stuck in a boat for a couple days at 30 meters.

But it's never happened in a plane crash as far as I can tell.

Weird things happen. Not the norm.....
But if you remember the Kursk incident back in I think 99.....

A few were in a sealed off part of the sub and I think might have lasted a few days.
At a greater deph.
If the Russians had asked for help right away maybe they could have been saved.
Maybe not.

But as you say.

If you are on an airplane that falls from 16,000 ft. and you end up at the bottom of the ocean......
Even if there was a crew waiting for you there it would be too late.
 
An airplane is not a submarine.

I can damage an airplane of almost any size just by walking on the wrong parts of the wing or fuselage. If I have a regular hammer I can permanently damage any aircraft and keep it from ever flying again.
 
An airplane is not a submarine.

I can damage an airplane of almost any size just by walking on the wrong parts of the wing or fuselage. If I have a regular hammer I can permanently damage any aircraft and keep it from ever flying again.

This. They're strong in the directions in which they need to be strong.

Btw, Anders, I suggest that you read up on the Comet crashes. Most of the victims were stripped of their clothes.

One more thing: I knew the brother of the flight engineer on 800. He and I went for our flight instructor check rides on the same day. So, please don't tell me about "no victims".
 
I'm just popping in here again to remark how amazed I am that a thread I started is over 500 posts. True, it's largely due to the stupidity of the conspiracy twits and trolls, but still, it's a first.

*goes back to lurking*
 
I'm just popping in here again to remark how amazed I am that a thread I started is over 500 posts. True, it's largely due to the stupidity of the conspiracy twits and trolls, but still, it's a first.

*goes back to lurking*

Nice thread start :D pity it went from interesting to derailed by troll.

I'm still waiting for someone to manage to get ahold of it and do an actual review of the doco, curious what the "talking" points will be. I've still got money on it is nothing new, and all a rehash of debunked theories , but till we get to see it we will not know.
 
Here is one persons comments, and it's pretty much what I'd expected except for one thing:

I'll try to keep the spoilers to a minimum, but suffice it to say there’s really nothing new in the film — although the filmmakers go to great lengths to make it seem that way. The biggest surprise in the documentary is the claim that not one but three missiles downed TWA Flight 800. According to the theory, two missiles rose from the ocean while a third was fired from Long Island’s Patchogue Bay.

http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/fly-...2&spJobID=217751006&spReportId=MjE3NzUxMDA2S0

(Emphasis mine.)

I'd love to see the evidence they have for that...:mad:
 
Here is one persons comments, and it's pretty much what I'd expected except for one thing:



http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/fly-...2&spJobID=217751006&spReportId=MjE3NzUxMDA2S0

(Emphasis mine.)

I'd love to see the evidence they have for that...:mad:

THREE missiles?! Sounds like a disinfo hit piece. I have started to suspect the even the one missile theory is a deliberate diversion. And that the witnesses who claim they say things shooting up from the surface of the ocean are planted false witnesses.

Actually the claim of three missiles sounds so outrageous that the documentary is maybe meant to indirectly point out that the witnesses deliberately lied as a part of a big conspiracy.
 
It's curious that the documentary is released at the same time as the NTSB is examining a request for a reinvestigation of the TWA 800 incident.

"On June 19, 2013, the NTSB received a Petition for Reconsideration of the Board’s findings and probable cause determination regarding TWA Flight 800, pursuant to 49 CFR §845.41. This petition is currently under review." -- http://www.ntsb.gov/news/2013/130628.html

From the Petition:

"Two new analyses of the FAA radar evidence demonstrate that the explosion that caused the crash did not result from a low-velocity fuel-air explosion as the NTSB has determined. Rather, it was caused by a detonation or high-velocity explosion." -- http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/06/20/petition[3].pdf
 
Let's say that there were false witness reports and the radar data an anomaly rather than actual evidence of a missile, then this part is still unexplained:

From the Petition:

"More than 100 spike tooth fractures were found on various aluminum wreckage items from areas throughout the aircraft." -- http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/06/20/petition[3].pdf

The official explanation for the spike tooth fractures is:

"Since May 1997, the scientist has been researching the location, morphology, and formation fracture mechanics of small holes with "spike tooth" fractures, the only metallurgically significant indicator present at a high strain rate. However, the holes are relatively small (none of which could reasonably have been responsible for "instantaneous" cessation of the recorders), exhibit no apparent preferred concentration, exhibit no apparent isotrophy, and are in matrices which exhibit no characteristics of impulsive loading or proximity to explosive (ordnance) materials." -- http://www.100megspopup.com/ark/800Tobin.html

So, lack of missile damage and the spike tooth fractures tiny, could it have been a shape charge placed on the outside of the fuel tank?

This image shows how the shape charge forms a narrow, straight and focused beam: http://defense-update.com/images/shaped-charge-penetration.jpg

But there is also sideways splatter caused by the shape charge. Could that explain the small spike tooth fractures?
 
so Mr Amrchair Internet surfer what verfiable actual non internet based research have you done to confirm all your assertions?
 
Last edited:
so Mr Amrchair Internet surfer what verfiable actual non internet based research have you done to confirm all your assertions?

For example, here is a smokescreen abstract for an alleged paper about the TWA 800 victims called: Critical analysis of injuries sustained in the TWA flight 800 midair disaster. -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10528592

Prove me wrong. Find the paper.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom