TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!
- Joined
- Aug 13, 2007
- Messages
- 4,452
Because I don't buy the electric spark story.
And why should anyone care what you're pretending to think at the current moment?
Because I don't buy the electric spark story.
And why should anyone care what you're pretending to think at the current moment?
Because experts want a reinvestigation of the TWA 800 incident. And my hypothesis is a valid option for alternative explanations of what actually happened. The official hypothesis is just one out of many possible. And in ordinary circumstances, the official hypothesis would be the most likely one because of many experts spending years coming up with the hypothesis, but then we wouldn't have other experts (and even past experts from the official investigation if I have understood it correctly) wanting a reinvestigation.
Because I don't buy the electric spark story.
A common slang term for electricians is 'sparky" now why would that be?
115 volt.![]()
Oops, wrong thread.
Just to redeem this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZzdtnZaJk
In July 2007, a simple spark in a chemical storage facility destroyed all of it and damaged many nearby buildings with shrapnel and debris.
You are aware that both step up and step down transformers exist, right?
So, the low voltage wires were wound in such way that they caused a voltage step up of the 115 volt wires? That's incredibly far-fetched.
So, the low voltage wires were wound in such way that they caused a voltage step up of the 115 volt wires? That's incredibly far-fetched.
I was doing a bit of looking into this question earlier. It's just barely plausible that a man portable anti aircraft missile could do this. The plane exploded at about 16 000 feet, which is near the limit of such missiles. There were various types available at that time, which reported maximum ranges between 16 and 20 000 feet.
So, if they had one of the best available, and were skilled enough to make one of the hardest shots they could attempt, it's possible.
Of course, it still needs to be shown that this was actually done, and also leaves open the question of why, if they had access to the weapons and the skills to use them, they didn't use them again? They'd have to have had more than just one missile in order to learn how to use them this well. Would they really have blown off all but one in practice?
You've wasted enough of our pixels.
State why cables carrying 115v can't create a spark when shorted and why that spark cant ignite fuel fumes.
115 volts by itself could easily cause a spark. Hell, I've heated things to ignition with a 9 volt battery. And besides, I'm sure there are more than enough people with much more electrical knowledge here for you to ignore.