Malcolm Kirkpatrick
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 20, 2006
- Messages
- 4,046
(Malcolm): "The world is a pile of anecdotes (observations, data)."
(RandFan): "Please to find out what statistical significance is and when you are finished there then look up Optimum Sample Size. People much smarter than most if not all on this forum figured this all out a long, long time ago. No need for this silly equivocation."
Which relates to what? I suspect that I've taken more Combinatorics (1 course, three credit hours), Probability Theory (2 courses, 6 credit hours) and Statistics (3 classes, 9 credit hours) classes than has RandFan. RandFan immediately demonstrates that he does not understand the point: as soon as you reach for terms like "statistical significance" you have left the realm of raw data (anecdotes) for statistical summaries of data. Theory summarizes data (anecdotes).
(RandFan): "Please to find out what statistical significance is and when you are finished there then look up Optimum Sample Size. People much smarter than most if not all on this forum figured this all out a long, long time ago. No need for this silly equivocation."
Which relates to what? I suspect that I've taken more Combinatorics (1 course, three credit hours), Probability Theory (2 courses, 6 credit hours) and Statistics (3 classes, 9 credit hours) classes than has RandFan. RandFan immediately demonstrates that he does not understand the point: as soon as you reach for terms like "statistical significance" you have left the realm of raw data (anecdotes) for statistical summaries of data. Theory summarizes data (anecdotes).
Last edited: