Jabba said:
- As you all know,
1) I only have so much time to spend on our debate.
I have no sympathy for you, for two reasons. First, you've had a year. That's ample time to do some basic research. Second, you've had the unmitigated gaul to accuse every researcher who disagrees with you of fraud. If you don't have enough time to do some minimal research, you don't have the time to have an informed opinion, and uninformed opinions aren't worth the paper they're written on.
2) I spend almost all of that time trying to answer your different questions and comments.
99% of our comments can be taken care of if you simply show some evidence of error in the C14 analysis (some REAL error, one that actually has the potential to have a real impact on the results), or failing that admit that the C14 dating disproves your hypothesis. The proliferation of topics is entirely your doing.
3) But then, I do want to focus on one "issue" at a time, which actually means that I want to keep narrowing my focus -- as most issues have sub-issues, and most sub-issues have sub-sub-issues, etc. In other words, I have to leave most questions and comments unanswered -- hoping to get back to them at a later time...
As I said before, narrowing the focus of the conversation isn't bad, necessarily--but that's not all you're doing. You're also bouncing around from one narrow topic to another like Ricochet Rabbit on speed. THAT is resulting in a conversation that you're finding difficult to deal with.
As I told you 6 month ago, stick to the C14.
4) But more than that, if a post is laced with sarcasm and derision -- which almost every post is -- I don't have a whole lot of incentive to get back to it anyway...
You've accused a huge number of researchers of fraud merely because they disagree with you. Contempt is the LEAST you can expect from those of us in related fields. Grow up and take your lumps.
- So anyway, if you want to have the best chance of having your q's and c's answered, drop your sarcasm and derision.
When you actually start doing some minimal research and stop throwing accusations around, perhaps we will.
And you've entirely confused what's going on here, by the way. We don't have many questions, at least in regards to the shroud. The C14 dating is proof that it's a Medieval artifact. We're simply trying to get YOU to actually engage in a scientific discussion. We've been trying--for A YEAR--to get you to provide any evidence to back up your ideas, not because we have questions about what your side has to say (that was all addressed in the first month) but because, at least for me, I want the lurkers to understand just how far from a scientific debate this is.
Finally, you're STILL attempting to dictate the terms of the conversation to us. This WILL NOT WORK. You DO NOT get to tell us how we can discuss this topic. If you think something we've done violates the MA, report our posts. If you don't like the tone, either walk away or (preferably) address the underlying issue. For me, that'd be your habit of making extremely serious accusations without backing them up with anything. Those are your options. Telling us that we need to play by your rules isn't among them.