• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Apollo "hoax" discussion - continuation thread

indomitable"justsaying"spirit's posts are, from what I can tell, unsubstantiated gibberish. Not a single reference or number or quote in them, just stream of consciousness babbling.

What he will find is that every single one of his 'points' can be refuted and thrown in the garbage with the minimum of effort by anyone who has so far responded to him. All of his questions can be answered, but frankly all it needs is google, so why should anyone put any effort in?
 
.......why haven't we been to the moon since 1972........ with all the technology that we have today.

When you state "all the technology that we have today" I assume you refer to microcircuits used for computing and communications. While those things are indeed quite spiffy, they provide zero thrust. The Soviets proved repeatedly that missions could be run with control systems barely more sophisticated than your average washing machine.

The actual rocket motors used to push things off the surface of the earth are very expensive and derive very little direct benefit from the application of micro-circuitry.
 
Denial of the moon landings is right up there with the stupidest of the stupid as far as conspiracy theories.

Come visit me at Icke forum and you will see why I rejoice when a moon landing thread is active. The DIFbats have a lower standard than you may have experienced elsewhere. As a result teh moon threads are a good, solid step UP.
 
Last edited:
Hello folks, I've been reading these posts for a couple of years, but this is my first post. I'd just like to say, keep up the good work.
On a seperate topic, anyone here remember the Apollo missions to the moon? Weren't they great? Though I suspect if one was not yet born at the time they may look like fiction. I'm so old I remember Gemini and all the preperation that went into Apollo. But I must say I've learned a lot from Jay and the others who kindly fill in the details for us, so hats off to you.
 
Last edited:
Hello folks, I've been reading these posts for a couple of years, but this is my first post. I'd just like to say, keep up the good work.
On a seperate topic, anyone here remember the Apollo missions to the moon? Weren't they great? Though I suspect if one was not yet born at the time they may look like fiction. I'm so old I remember Gemini and all the preperation that went into Apollo. But I must say I've learned a lot from Jay and the others who kindly fill in the details for us, so hats off to you.



Welcome to the forum. :)
 
You know the hoax theory is dead when this is the best we get!

Not even an attempt at anything rational just flinging insults!
 
Hello folks, I've been reading these posts for a couple of years, but this is my first post. I'd just like to say, keep up the good work.
On a seperate topic, anyone here remember the Apollo missions to the moon? Weren't they great? Though I suspect if one was not yet born at the time they may look like fiction. I'm so old I remember Gemini and all the preperation that went into Apollo. But I must say I've learned a lot from Jay and the others who kindly fill in the details for us, so hats off to you.

I remember getting toy Mercury capsules and Atlas rockets when I was little. My grandpa worked on the Saturn V that lifted Apollo 8 to lunar orbit, and yes I watched the 1st moonwalk live. It was an exciting time to be alive. I like Jay's writing too. I followed him here from BAUT.

Welcome aboard.
 
I remember getting toy Mercury capsules and Atlas rockets when I was little. My grandpa worked on the Saturn V that lifted Apollo 8 to lunar orbit, and yes I watched the 1st moonwalk live. It was an exciting time to be alive. I like Jay's writing too. I followed him here from BAUT.

Welcome aboard.
I am the reverse. I lurked for years and then joined here before Jay did. It means nothing though. I agree, I like how Jay writes. He has an uncanny knack of cutting to the core of any argument.
 
Hello folks, I've been reading these posts for a couple of years, but this is my first post. I'd just like to say, keep up the good work.
On a seperate topic, anyone here remember the Apollo missions to the moon? Weren't they great? Though I suspect if one was not yet born at the time they may look like fiction. I'm so old I remember Gemini and all the preperation that went into Apollo. But I must say I've learned a lot from Jay and the others who kindly fill in the details for us, so hats off to you.

You must be younger than me, because I remember the last part of the Mercury programme as well as Gemini!

The problem with delusional idiots like indomitablespirit (who is, by the way, just another sockpuppet for the well known Patrick-of-a-thousand-names) is that they judge the video on today's standards of cinematography. They see little two minute yootoob videos and think that is all there is, and how easy that would be to fake, when in fact the whole thing was continuously broadcast live for hours on end.

Quite aside from the technical impossibility of faking the physics of working in a 1/6th G, vacuum environment, it would have required them to fake flawless, three or four hour continuous live video in a single "take". ANY cinematographer will tell you that this is quite simply impossible, even now, with modern equipment and techniques. And of course, most importantly NO CGI in 1969!!!

In Tom Hanks' miniseries "From Earth to the Moon" the few minutes of lunar surface video we saw took hours of takes and retakes to get right, and even then, while they were able to partially simulate the gait of the astronauts using helium weather balloons and cables, they were unable to simulate the movement of natural objects such as moondust and rocks.
 
I was a year old in July 1969....had other things on my nascent mind mostly to do with food and milk
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom