• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged No Planer calls for scientific study / Missiles of 9/11

Well then, it should cut three box columns and a spandrel without even deforming!

Nice shift of the goal post. No one said it wouldn't deform.

all they needed to use was a hollow aluminum gas tank

Yankee you are honestly starting to **** me off. Enough with this blatant deliberate ignorance. And airliner wing is not a hollow gas tank. It contains;

- Thousands of liters of fuel
- Two massive and strong Wing Spars - a Main and a Read Spar
- Several dozen ribs
- Several dozen stringers
- Metal components for operating ailerons, flags, spoilers, slots and slats.
- Heavily constructed engine mounts
- Hydrolic lines, electrical looms, deicing equipment
- It is built strong enough to hold the weight of 140,000kg!!!!

What do you not understand about this? Wings are very strong components of aircraft, they have to be!
 
Last edited:
Nice shift of the goal post. No one said it wouldn't deform.



Yankee you are honestly starting to **** me off. Enough with this blatant deliberate ignorance. And airliner wing is not a hollow gas tank. It contains;

- Thousands of liters of fuel
- Two massive and strong Wing Spars - a Main and a Read Spar
- Several dozen ribs
- Several dozen stringers
- Metal components for operating ailerons, flags, spoilers, slots and slats.
- Heavily constructed engine mounts
- Hydrolic lines, electrical looms, deicing equipment
- It is built strong enough to hold the weight of 140,000kg!!!!

What do you not understand about this? Wings are very strong components of aircraft, they have to be!

I understand they're very strong for what they are made for, which is using the airfoil to push down on the air while the air pushes up on the airfoil. Newton's mechanics, right? They are not designed for flying thorugh anything harder than hail though, which is why even a bird can bring them down, so I'm certiain you're confused about the physics involved.

If they can't fly through a bird, how can they fly through 37 of my wood stoves?
 
I understand they're very strong for what they are made for, which is using the airfoil to push down on the air while the air pushes up on the airfoil. Newton's mechanics, right?

Homer-Facepalm.jpg


omfg you cannot be serious. Go learn Bernoulli's Theory. Understand CL=1/2ρv2s and then come back and try again.

They are not designed for flying thorugh anything harder than hail though, which is why even a bird can bring them down, so I'm certiain you're confused about the physics involved. If they can't fly through a bird, how can they fly through 37 of my wood stoves?

Bird strikes happen all the time. I've hit plenty. Never seen it punch a hole in a wing before. You talk nonsense. Of course they are not 'designed' to go through a steel wall, but physics dictate even a tennis ball could punched through steel if it was traveling fast enough. A wing is strong enough to hold 140,000kg of weight in the air. It is more than capable of smashing through a wall at 550mph.

Edit; thats going to stundie.
 
Last edited:
I understand they're very strong for what they are made for, which is using the airfoil to push down on the air while the air pushes up on the airfoil. Newton's mechanics, right? They are not designed for flying thorugh anything harder than hail though, which is why even a bird can bring them down, so I'm certiain you're confused about the physics involved.

If they can't fly through a bird, how can they fly through 37 of my wood stoves?

I'm calling a Vizzini here.

vizziniprincessbride11.jpg
 
Good investigative work. :)

I have always been very vocal about the fact that something was not quite right with the WTC plane impacts, and that exposing the truth behind the planes which have been spoon-fed to us by mainstream media, will automatically expose all other 9/11 truths. If we can prove without a doubt that no planes impacted the towers, then as a logical consequence results the conclusion that the undamaged, perfectly stable towers had no other reason to fall down than a carefully planned controlled demolition.

I very much welcome the effort you put into your graphical explanations, an effort which I as a truthseeker am too lazy and digitally unskilled to muster.
Many thanks. I've been playing defense for so long and have become so jaded I don't know how to act, but thanks, I needed that.


Awwwwwkward!:(
 
I understand they're very strong for what they are made for, which is using the airfoil to push down on the air while the air pushes up on the airfoil.

Dang boy.........the average jr high school kid knows how an airfoil really works. Guess you never learned that at Google U. :eek:

Newton's mechanics, right?







They are not designed for flying thorugh anything harder than hail though,

wrong

which is why even a bird can bring them down,

wrong

so I'm certiain you're confused about the physics involved.

wrong

If they can't fly through a bird, how can they fly through 37 of my wood stoves?

Free hint for the clueless Google U graduate. The only way birds bring down a plane is if sufficient numbers of them pass through the engines at low altitude where restarts are not an option.
 
Dang boy.........the average jr high school kid knows how an airfoil really works. Guess you never learned that at Google U. :eek:





[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/thum_481644e6d80b26ef43.jpg[/qimg]



wrong



wrong



wrong



Free hint for the clueless Google U graduate. The only way birds bring down a plane is if sufficient numbers of them pass through the engines at low altitude where restarts are not an option.

You do realize you are commenting on a video that shows a bird setting fire to a jet, right? Everyone's watched the video and has seen the images of the bird strikes?

Oh, and:

One way to understand the generation of lift is to observe that the air is deflected as it passes the airfoil. Since the foil must exert a force on the air to change its direction, the air must exert a force of equal magnitude but opposite direction on the foil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lift_(force)
 
One way to understand the generation of lift is to observe that the air is deflected as it passes the airfoil. Since the foil must exert a force on the air to change its direction, the air must exert a force of equal magnitude but opposite direction on the foil.

If you tried to spin that in any aviation test you would be dragged over the coals. Wings are built tough because they are generating lift to hold the weight of 140,000kg. You failed to understand either of these concepts.
 
[qimg]http://fromthepoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Homer-Facepalm.jpg[/qimg]

omfg you cannot be serious. Go learn Bernoulli's Theory. Understand CL=1/2ρv2s and then come back and try again.



Bird strikes happen all the time. I've hit plenty. Never seen it punch a hole in a wing before. You talk nonsense. Of course they are not 'designed' to go through a steel wall, but physics dictate even a tennis ball could punched through steel if it was traveling fast enough. A wing is strong enough to hold 140,000kg of weight in the air. It is more than capable of smashing through a wall at 550mph.

Edit; thats going to stundie.

It is not designed to withstand heavy forward imacts, or even those weighing a few ounces:

birds-plane-strike-5.jpg



0919birdstrikedamageonaircraft.jpg


Okay, so you're a pilot who's already on record as saying that the jet's wing can cut a car in half at 550 MPH. So that means that the birds would have done no damage to the wing had it been going fast enough?

So say the car was hanging in the air and struck where these birds struck at 550 MPH - can you provide the math to explain how the wing cuts the car in half? I'm just a layperson, so I don't know, but you're a pilot. Maybe I've see too many movies, heck I would have thought a car would have ripped the wing off the plane, but what do I know.

You of course, can prove this concept, right? That a wing can cut a car in half? You are a pilot right, so you'd know a wing better than any of us wouldn't you.
 
If you tried to spin that in any aviation test you would be dragged over the coals. Wings are built tough because they are generating lift to hold the weight of 140,000kg. You failed to understand either of these concepts.

He doesn't even know what he is cutting and pasting......it just sounded important to him :rolleyes:
 
If you tried to spin that in any aviation test you would be dragged over the coals. Wings are built tough because they are generating lift to hold the weight of 140,000kg. You failed to understand either of these concepts.

Dang, if they'd do that to me for trying to use a Wikipedia explanation, imagine what they'd do a fake pilot who claims a jet's wing can cut a car in half.
 
It is not designed to withstand heavy forward imacts, or even those weighing a few ounces:

[qimg]http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/birds-plane-strike-5.jpg[/qimg]


[qimg]http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/0919birdstrikedamageonaircraft.jpg[/qimg]

I stand corrected on the bird strike = hole part, but you will notice it only hit the skin. It never touched the Spar. The Spar is the part which would do *(edit) MOST the damage to the steel/car.

Okay, so you're a pilot who's already on record as saying that the jet's wing can cut a car in half at 550 MPH.

No, I did not. I said a wing would cut a car in half if it was going fast enough.
So that means that the birds would have done no damage to the wing had it been going fast enough?

I also never said the wing would be in tact at the end of it. You are misunderstanding and putting words in my mouth. You fail on basic physical principles.
 
Last edited:
I stand corrected on the bird strike = hole part, but you will notice it only hit the skin. It never touched the Spar. The Spar is the part which would do the damage to the steel/car.



No, I did not. I said a wing would cut a car in half if it was going fast enough.


I also never said the wing would be in tact at the end of it. You are misunderstanding and putting words in my mouth. You fail on basic physical principles.

So only the spars wiould cut the car in half? How does that work?

I would never assume you would assume the wing would be intact, I'm just looking for how even at 550 MPH the wing is going to cut a car in half if only the spars are to be feared.

Can you better explain this to me? I don't understand wings like you do.
 
Last edited:
Dang, if they'd do that to me for trying to use a Wikipedia explanation, imagine what they'd do a fake pilot who claims a jet's wing can cut a car in half.

Fake pilot. Cute. You fail at understanding basic physics, so you call me fake? You paranoia runs deep. That part of the wiki article hold some truth with regards to 'pushing' the wing up through the wing effectively 'pushing down' on the air, but the primary generator of lift comes from Bernoulli's principle and pressure difference.

By your failed understanding, a plane could take brick shaped wings and fly with them because they're pushing air downwards.. Do you even understand why a wing is shaped like an airfoil? Of course not.
 
So only the spars wiould cut the car in half? How does that work?

I would never assume you would assume the wing would be intact, I'm just looking for how even at 550 MPH the wing is going to cut a car in half if only the spars are to be feared.

Can you better explain this to me? I don't understand wings like you do.

I never said the wing would be going 550mph. I said if it was going fast enough. I never meant only the spar. (Edit post, I meant to add 'most' - see edit)

The main spar makes up most the strength in the wing, it is only logical it would do most the damage, but the wing as a whole would still deal the total damage.

Stop putting words in my mouth.
 
Last edited:
I stand corrected on the bird strike = hole part, but you will notice it only hit the skin. It never touched the Spar. The Spar is the part which would do the damage to the steel/car.



No, I did not. I said a wing would cut a car in half if it was going fast enough.


I also never said the wing would be in tact at the end of it. You are misunderstanding and putting words in my mouth. You fail on basic physical principles.

Troofer goalpost move. :rolleyes:
 
Fake pilot. Cute. You fail at understanding basic physics, so you call me fake? You paranoia runs deep. That part of the wiki article hold some truth with regards to 'pushing' the wing up through the wing effectively 'pushing down' on the air, but the primary generator of lift comes from Bernoulli's principle and pressure difference.

By your failed understanding, a plane could take brick shaped wings and fly with them because they're pushing air downwards.. Do you even understand why a wing is shaped like an airfoil? Of course not.

Okay, it was a cheap shot, granted.

I fail to understand a lot of things which is the whole point of all this. One of the things I don't understand is how a seasoned pilot can seriously believe a jet wing could cut a car in half at any speed, engine block and all. So now that I've met one, I'm looking for an explanation.

You were talking about the birds only tearing through the area between these "spars". Are they like supports or something? Can you give me a diagram?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom