• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

General Israel/Palestine discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Arafat's letter to Rabin: In view of the promise of a new era and the signing of the Declaration of Principles and based on Palestinian acceptance of Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338, the PLO affirms that those articles of the Palestinian Covenant which deny Israel's right to exist, and the provisions of the Covenant which are inconsistent with the commitments of this letter are now inoperative and no longer valid. Consequently, the PLO undertakes to submit to the Palestinian National Council for formal approval the necessary changes in regard to the Palestinian Covenant.

That hilited part, when was that done? Got a link?

I do not see any evidence about your “private mail” but I think the above public declaration that I linked and issued about 20 years ago has never accepted by Israel, AFAIK, why?
Why should Israel not accept a Palestinian state and to recognize them under the 67 borders?
And, again, why is Israel building settlements in the West Bank and how this would be improving the peace process?
And, again, why is not Israel accepting the existence of a Palestinian state?
 
Last edited:
Amen.

However, I'd still be interested in hearing what the anti-Zionists consider to be a reasonable, responsible and effective immediate response to a large, sustained missile attack.

I'm sure their musings would be entertaining. Even more entertaining would be to subject them to a large, sustained missile attack, and see what they do.
 
Amen.

However, I'd still be interested in hearing what the anti-Zionists consider to be a reasonable, responsible and effective immediate response to a large, sustained missile attack.

I suppose this may help to prevent one:
1) stop stealing land that is not theirs and
2) recognize a Palestinian state

And, even if it does not, still would be the right thing to do
 
I suppose this may help to prevent one:
1) stop stealing land that is not theirs and
2) recognize a Palestinian state

And, even if it does not, still would be the right thing to do

You're a real Ghandi, and I don't mean that sarcastically. I don't mean it as a compliment either.
 
[qimg]http://r.m.yahoo.com/api/res/1.2/0pIxVgS67294AFjvxO8AXw--/Zmk9Zml0O2g9MTgwO3c9MjQw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/f33ab7424c6e0d20210f6a7067001ad8.jpg[/qimg]

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — The image of a dead preschooler cradled by the prime ministers of Egypt and Gaza in a hospital hallway has drawn attention to the dangers Gaza's children face in this crowded urban battle zone.





Fake.


But there were signs on Saturday that not all the Palestinian casualties have been the result of Israeli air strikes. The highly publicised death of four-year-old Mohammed Sadallah appeared to have been the result of a misfiring home-made rocket, not a bomb dropped by Israel.

The child’s death on Friday figured prominently in media coverage after Hisham Kandil, the Egyptian prime minister, was filmed lifting his dead body out of an ambulance. "The boy, the martyr, whose blood is still on my hands and clothes, is something that we cannot keep silent about," he said, before promising to defend the Palestinian people.

But experts from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights who visited the site on Saturday said they believed that the explosion was caused by a Palestinian rocket.
 
Last edited:
I suppose this may help to prevent one:
1) stop stealing land that is not theirs and
2) recognize a Palestinian state

And, even if it does not, still would be the right thing to do

While understandable, it is never that simple.

If Israel destroyed all settlements in the West Bank, it would not stop Hamas and other groups from including the destruction of all Jews as their primary goal.

If Hamas and other groups stopped all of their quests for the destruction of all Jews, and made it illegal for any group who made that determination, Israel would not adopt equal and non preferential treatment for non Jews in Israel and Palestine.


There is more than enough justification on both sides to claim the never ending 'defense' of whatever side you support with attacks against the 'evil' of the other side. More than enough justification to support the hardened stances of both sides that sustains the endless conflict from ever reaching a solution.

A solution is in the long term interests of both sides, but neither side, nor their supporters can bring themselves out of their holes and really 'put themselves in the other sides shoes' to genuinely work on a solution.
 
It maybe there ARE no babies, dead or otherwise, there's only swarthy, bearded terrorist who Israel is bombing with sunshine, lollipops and puppy dogs! :D
 
Lol, nice hasbra. But why would anyone go to such great lengths to photograph a fake dead baby when there are so many real ones to choose from? :rolleyes:

Hamas killed him.

It's Pallywood man. Par for the course. They do it because the dupes always sucker for it.
 
Last edited:

The article also notes that due to the choas it is understandable that it was believed to be an Israeli airstrike. So more "wrong" than "fake". Fake would indicate that the kid never died or was dead before the airstrikes and was trotted out as a causalty.

Of course the pro-palestinians will claim that it was still Israel's fault since if they weren't attacking Gaza the Gazans wouldn't be firing back rockets and so wouldn't have missed and hit this kid's house by accident.
 
The article also notes that due to the choas it is understandable that it was believed to be an Israeli airstrike. So more "wrong" than "fake". Fake would indicate that the kid never died or was dead before the airstrikes and was trotted out as a causalty.

I've read a few more posts of yours to other ppl since we last spoke and I take back what I said about you being 100% tribalist, I was clearly mistaken and I acknowledge my error. I don't agree with you but I was wrong to say you never criticise Israel.
 
Last edited:
Did you even bothered to read the link?

No I did not. Although less to do with "bothered" more to do with "out on my phone with a perilously low battery". I will have a read of it now though and, if you really want, I'll let y'all know what I think about it.
 
You mean the rocket and mortar fire from Gaza?


Say what?????



The 150 or so rockets fired before the guy in charge of the rockets was blown up was in response to the guy in charge of the rockets getting blown up? And killing the guy who's shooting missiles at your towns is now a "political assasination"? :boggled:



The dumbest argument put forth in this forum "but the Palestinians can't kill many Jews, so Israel should just ignore them".

Seriously wtf? That makes sense to you?

Since I didn't say that, I'll just ignore your accusation.
 
While understandable, it is never that simple.

If Israel destroyed all settlements in the West Bank, it would not stop Hamas and other groups from including the destruction of all Jews as their primary goal.

Even if Israel would make rape of 8-year-old Palestinian girls legal, this will not stop Hamas. And what?

If Hamas and other groups stopped all of their quests for the destruction of all Jews, and made it illegal for any group who made that determination, Israel would not adopt equal and non preferential treatment for non Jews in Israel and Palestine.

Nobody here is supporting Hamas` s pledge to remove Israel from.. wherever.

There is more than enough justification on both sides to claim the never ending 'defense' of whatever side you support with attacks against the 'evil' of the other side. More than enough justification to support the hardened stances of both sides that sustains the endless conflict from ever reaching a solution.

This way I do not see the problem being solved.

A solution is in the long term interests of both sides, but neither side, nor their supporters can bring themselves out of their holes and really 'put themselves in the other sides shoes' to genuinely work on a solution.

On this I would agree.
Maybe, since we are from the West, we should try to work on "our" side before blaming the "other side" of just being a terrorist organization
 
But there were signs on Saturday that not all the Palestinian casualties have been the result of Israeli air strikes. The highly publicised death of four-year-old Mohammed Sadallah appeared to have been the result of a misfiring home-made rocket, not a bomb dropped by Israel.

The child’s death on Friday figured prominently in media coverage after Hisham Kandil, the Egyptian prime minister, was filmed lifting his dead body out of an ambulance. "The boy, the martyr, whose blood is still on my hands and clothes, is something that we cannot keep silent about," he said, before promising to defend the Palestinian people.

But experts from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights who visited the site on Saturday said they believed that the explosion was caused by a Palestinian rocket.
But they're just defending their country!!!!

Nobody here is supporting Hamas` s pledge to remove Israel from.. wherever.
There are plenty of people saying that Israel should never have been founded, or that it doesn't have the right to exist -- and plenty of these people post on these forums.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom