• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

General Israel/Palestine discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they could do it, I imagine they likely would have already (rather than giving Mossad a head's up).

This strikes me as probably being bluster.

(Not that I wouldn't be nervous if I were an Israeli)

It's pretty standard knowledge that they have a lot of rockets.

However, they know that Israel would respond, and their popularity is already waning in Lebanon. Another provocation on Israel could be very detrimental for their political power goals in the country.

They are mostly using the case as a warning to Israel to not attack Iran, but one should not discount that if the right time arises, that Hezbollah is more than willing to kill as many Israelis as possible.
 
I think it's funny that the al-Qassam Brigade has threatened Israel on Twitter. Srsly?

U opend Hell Gates on Urselves! LOL
 
Who was it that said that Palestinians need to start loving their kids more than they hate Israel? Because as long as they keep their children around them when they fire rockets at Israel, children are going to die. Surely they know that.

Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us. - Golda Meir in 1957
 
Don't know. Sounds like something a psychopathic child killer would say.

Yeah, "people shouldn't deliberately place their children in warzones to score political points from their predictable deaths" is totally the mantra of someone who kills children for fun and recreation. :rolleyes:
 
Don't know. Sounds like something a psychopathic child killer would say.
lol wat :boggled:

If anyone's a psychopathic child killer, it's the one who purposefully keeps children around when firing rockets at his enemy just so he can use their inevitable deaths as martyr brownie points to fuel more hatred against Israel. -_-

Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us. - Golda Meir in 1957
Thanks.
 
Last edited:
During Operation Cast lead Hamas had their headquarters in the basement of a hospital.
 
I'd say the Israel/Palestine situation is much more analogous to the Northern Ireland situation.
Yep! In some ways. Difference is the Jews do not hate the Palestineans (and supporters) (mostly and as far as I can tell) for being Islamic (but just for continuously attacking Israelis) but the Palestineans(and supporters) do hate the Jews for being Jewish and attack them for same....Whereas NI is pure hate for pure hate based only on religion . A small difference in result, but one that sways my attitudes. I will always hate physical attackers of me or mine and do my best to render them - but I do not hate others for any physical factor - and I have good friends who are republicans -we just leave politics alone when we meet up!!!!!:)
 
I don't think it's just cowardice. I think it is also because they are fighting a media war and know that any children/non-combatant casualties will raise howls of outrage against Israel from the usual chorus of useful idiots.

True - but the cowardice aspect is more important to me - it means I have no respect for Hamas and their like as fighters. They have no honor, they are not warriors. No one should treat them as such.

And I have no respect for kneecapping feces eaters either - I assume those who need to know of whom I speak there do. And they have no honor either, may they burn in their own hell.
 
Last edited:
And on and on with this rubbish.



Until the Palestinians are removed from Greater Israel, Israel will always use violence against them.




Don't know. Sounds like something a psychopathic child killer would say.

No, no it doesn't. And, if it turned out to be true I would be against Israel.
 
During Operation Cast lead Hamas had their headquarters in the basement of a hospital.

And somehow that screams cowardice at me. Along with complete lack of care for their own. Can anyone tell me any way this squares with the Koran? Cause I think it does not.......
 
Last edited:
If Palestinians unilateraly give up violence: both Israelis and Palestinians would live long and prosper (as the Israelis would stop shooting too and economic growth would boom).
Yeah right. The lack of violence from the Palestinian side on the West Bank has only been accompanied by an increase in the number and area of the (illegal) Israeli settlements and the number of check points. Israel doesn't care one iota for the prosperity of the Palestinians.
 
Yep! In some ways. Difference is the Jews do not hate the Palestineans (and supporters) (mostly and as far as I can tell) for being Islamic (but just for continuously attacking Israelis) but the Palestineans(and supporters) do hate the Jews for being Jewish and attack them for same....Whereas NI is pure hate for pure hate based only on religion . A small difference in result, but one that sways my attitudes. I will always hate physical attackers of me or mine and do my best to render them - but I do not hate others for any physical factor - and I have good friends who are republicans -we just leave politics alone when we meet up!!!!!:)

Oh theres a fair amount of prejudice and discrimination towards "arabs" that seems to be your usual kind of racism:

The results of studies done at different times with different respondents present, unsurprisingly, a coherent and consistent picture: Arabs are stereotyped negatively, the attitudes and emotions towards them are negative, and negative intentions are attributed to them. Main themes pertain to perceived low intelligence, primitivism, dishonesty, fanaticism, conservativism, violence and lack of value for human life. On the other hand, positive attributes are also mentioned, like hospitality, sociability and diligence (p. 228).
Professor Teichman, a clinical psychologist at Tel Aviv University, has devised a method of tracing the development of stereotypes on the basis of children’s drawings. In a decade-long research project conducted through the 1990s, she studied the perception of Arabs among Jewish-Israeli kindergarten children, and how that perception changed over the years until the subjects reached adolescence. Moustaches, guns, dark skins and menacing looks featured highly in those drawings. Her findings are similar to studies in the United States on prejudice toward blacks. The stereotypes are the most vivid among preschool children. Even before they know what an Arab (or a black) is, they have absorbed negative cultural vibes, regardless of family background or socio-economic status. So much so that even the sound of the word “Arab,” compared to “Frenchman,” for example, evokes a powerful negative reaction.
Children hear and absorb these attitudes at a very young age. As they develop cognitively, they have access to a broader range of information and their views grow more complex. Cracks begin to appear in the stereotype and as the child grows older, the picture becomes less one-sided. That is the good news. The bad news is that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to erase these first impressions altogether. The studies show that even liberal adults with moderate political views retain the negative stereotype in the back of their minds, even if they do not admit to it.
http://www.pij.org/details.php?id=360
 
Last edited:
It is incredibly convenient that the anti-Semite left ignore that. Just as they will always call Israel defending itself a "war crime".

Your constant bashing of the left makes your statements seem less credible with any sane and rational person.
 
That is far from being true. The Israeli air force have attacked hundreds of targets, including long range rockets, rocket launchers, and Hamas posts. Many of those are in residential areas (because Hamas intentionally placed them there).

The Gaza strip is 365 sq km, populated by 1.7 million people (over half of whom are children btw), so that's a population density of 4657 per sq km - only Macau, Monaco, Singapore and Hong Kong have higher population densities. Could you imagine firing a Hellfire missile into Hong Kong and not killing someone? The whole Gaza Strip is a "residential area".
 
Last edited:
So maybe I'm a bit ignorant, but this:

Phoney truce orchestrated by Israel may have lured Hamas’ top commander into the open for lethal strike...In fact, Israeli experts now say, the visit may have been part of a ploy to deceive Hamas into believing that a truce was in place in Gaza, so that the Israeli army could catch its target, Hamas military mastermind Ahmed Al-Jaabari.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/1...by-israel-may-have-lured-hamas-top-commander/

Ha'aretz, Israel's liberal daily newspaper, quoted Gershon Baskin, a peace activist involved in contacts with Hamas, as saying Jaabari had received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel hours before he was killed on Wednesday.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/15/israeli-politicians-back-jaabari-assassination

...I dunno. Doesn't doing this sort of thing maybe 'poison the well' in terms of credibility of future truce / ceasefire negotiations? If it's true, that is... I mean, isn't this kind of like something House Frey might do?

Or maybe I'm just ignorant. For example, I had no idea of how frequently rockets from Gaza were fired at Israel until today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom