dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell
There has been some sound rational criticism of Atheism Plus and the Atheism Plus forums on this thread. I hope that I've helped to provide some of it.
But talking about trolling them for lulz is more than a little distasteful.
Read this thread first: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=864.
Got the picture? Some of them, you might see as whiners with no real problems. But all of them are in pain. Might some of that pain be self-inflicted, such as by convincing one another that any perceived slight to them whether deliberate or not is an expression of personal hatred and contempt? Perhaps. But that doesn't make it any less painful.
Now that it's clear that they're not about to come boiling out of the Freethought Blogs like some kind of army ants, and force you to start believing in God again unless you use gender-neutral pronouns... let them be.
For the love of humanity, let them be.
Respectfully,
Myriad
Concur.
ETA: Granted, A+ is not my sort of thing, and I feel a bit of resentment for their assertions that I must be a misogynist racist victim-blaming etc simply because I think that A+ is misguided. I suppose I even take a bit of satisfaction and entertainment from their ongoing absurdities, though I admit that that's not particularly good or healthy on my part. But, as individuals, I don't wish them ill, and I don't see the world being made a better place by deliberately antagonizing them. Sure, it's fun to speculate about . . . but that's where I think it should end.
Last edited: