• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Conservatives still hate Sandra Fluke

She is a woman who disagrees with them. To conservatives, such uppity women deserve a good ole fashion raping.

The irony of this as a response to Tyr's statement about a "massive hate on" is thick.

Yeah, women aren't supposed to question the GOP controlling their lives.

Because paying for your own contraception = having your life controlled? :confused:
 
The irony of this as a response to Tyr's statement about a "massive hate on" is thick.

How?

Because paying for your own contraception = having your life controlled? :confused:

Who pays for the contraceptions is the issue (as evidenced by the fact that they still oppose people getting coverage for contraception through insurance coverage they rightfully earned). The issue is that women have access to contraceptions at all. Like all religious fanatics through history, conservatives want to control women and control sex.
 
Last edited:
Sooner or later population explosion will destroy our quality of life, and that's a fact. At this point in our history, I think birth control should be encouraged in the US among those who wish to practice it. One way to do this is for the government to provide a way to pay for the chemicals, devices, or surgery necessary to accomplish this end. Another way is to limit families to one child by law. This strikes me as a far too extreme measure.

Often the more fortunate among us do not understand how little income some families have to survive on, so providing a necessary medical benefit becomes a contentious issue in political circles. Many avenues provide such resistance: religious, financial, and moral.

We have to think collectively, as a group, as a country, what is really the best solution for a problem, not what a knee jerk reaction would be. Some of these problems are not going away any time soon. They take some real critical thinking to solve.
 

Because your false and inflammatory accusation basically shows that you've got a massive hate on for conservatives.

Who pays for the contraceptions is the issue (as evidenced by the fact that they still oppose people getting coverage for contraception through insurance coverage they rightfully earned). The issue is that women have access to contraceptions at all.

No it isn't. Sandra Fluke came to attention in regards to legislation that ONLY addressed who paid for contraception, but otherwise had absolutely zero affect on access to it. That was her pet issue. That is what she wanted to be known for.

Like all religious fanatics through history, conservatives want to control women and control sex.

One suspects you wouldn't recognize this as parody.
 
What population explosion? US birth rates are below replacement rate.

I thought population growth was a concern of yours in regards to employment. But now you're saying population growth isn't a concern. Hmmmm.
 
Indeed, I don't know what population explosion you're talking about. Please, enlighten me.

Perhaps the same one you complained about in regards to jobs.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8669229&postcount=41

We need on the order of 100,000 new jobs per month just to stand still because of population growth. That means we need sustained job creation well above 100,000 per month, and we're just not getting it yet.
 
Indeed, I don't know what population explosion you're talking about. Please, enlighten me.

Read my claim carefully, then look it up.

Well, note that Texas has the highest birth rate currently. Ever wonder why? As I recall, three states (those pointy headed libs in the northeast) have a negative rate. Why? Have you really ever thought through why it might be a good idea to encourage people to slow down on the baby factories? More people, more cars, more carbon, more food needed from a dwindling farm base, more police, more schools, more churches to teach them not to kill each other.:D

What happens when abortion prohibition, no birth control availability for the poorest, worsening education and no sex ed, due to republican values, and poverty due to lack of welfare and unemployment all hit at the same time?

Romney will make it all go away, cause Obama, he bad man. Right.

I said, "sooner or later", an incipient explosion in the rate of births, coupled with people generally living longer. I just don't understand how anyone can believe that guy.

I know this is off topic, but I'm pissed. I read an article in which Mitt's wife Ann Romney discussed her problems with multiple sclerosis. I had an aunt that died from MS, so I know a little about it. She was in a wheel chair for about 55 years. Her husband was devoted to her. He had to do everything for her, and they raised a son who was my mentor in physics and electronics, a genius and a good man.

Ann Romney said that eating lots of vegetables and fruits seems to stem the advancement of her symptoms. I didn't know this, but that is not the issue. For all I know it could be woo.

She said that when she is at home, there is not problem and she does a lot of juicing of veggies and so forth. However, when on the road with Mitt, she can't do this because she doesn't have a juicer. One quote was, "anyone have a juicer?" Giggle, giggle.

I thought to myself, Christ, I'll buy you one that you can take with you! You could freaking hire someone to buy your veggies and grind them up and serve them! You have 250,000,000 US dollars for crying out loud!! Can't you get Mitt to find you a freaking juicer and a maid??? What is all the money for if not to save your wife's life for pete's sake?

I just don't get it. What is with people like this?
 
How does that work? If the population is decreasing, how can the people entering the work force be increasing? Also, Ziggurat specifically mentioned population growth. Now he's claiming there is no population growth.
 
Is proves that morons will gloat over anything. No matter how petty.
As if any sort of political event by the GOP in a city of 400,000 when only 10 people show up wouldn't be laughed at by the left? I'd certainly join in the mocking and characterize it as a dismal failure.
 
That dress she's wearing is certainly an inexpensive form of birth control.
 
Read my claim carefully, then look it up.

Well, note that Texas has the highest birth rate currently. Ever wonder why? As I recall, three states (those pointy headed libs in the northeast) have a negative rate. Why? Have you really ever thought through why it might be a good idea to encourage people to slow down on the baby factories? More people, more cars, more carbon, more food needed from a dwindling farm base, more police, more schools, more churches to teach them not to kill each other.:D

What happens when abortion prohibition, no birth control availability for the poorest, worsening education and no sex ed, due to republican values, and poverty due to lack of welfare and unemployment all hit at the same time?

Romney will make it all go away, cause Obama, he bad man. Right.

I said, "sooner or later", an incipient explosion in the rate of births, coupled with people generally living longer. I just don't understand how anyone can believe that guy.

------snipped crazy rant about vegetables and juicers.------

Nice one Mr Eugenics. Wanna burn books too?
 
Last edited:
How does that work? If the population is decreasing, how can the people entering the work force be increasing? Also, Ziggurat specifically mentioned population growth. Now he's claiming there is no population growth.

Wow, you really don't have a clue, do you?

First off, people don't enter the work force when they're born. Second, I didn't say that there was no population growth OR that the population was now decreasing, I said that the birth rate was below replacement rate. Do you know what the difference is?

No, I guess you actually don't. :nope:
 
Read my claim carefully, then look it up.

:confused: Look what up?

Well, note that Texas has the highest birth rate currently.

And that counts as a population explosion? I think you've set the bar rather low for what that term means.

Have you really ever thought through why it might be a good idea to encourage people to slow down on the baby factories?

Yes, I have, and I've concluded that it doesn't apply to the US right now. Have you ever really thought through why it might be a bad idea?

More people

Funny how population control advocacy so often end up at a basically anti-human position.

What happens when abortion prohibition, no birth control availability for the poorest, worsening education and no sex ed, due to republican values, and poverty due to lack of welfare and unemployment all hit at the same time?

This thread was about Fluke. Her cause was mandatory insurance coverage of birth control. None of this other stuff really has anything to do with that.

I said, "sooner or later", an incipient explosion in the rate of births, coupled with people generally living longer.

What evidence do you have that this explosion will occur? It never has in the past for any highly developed country, and we're heading in the opposite direction right now. Why should I take this claim seriously when all the actual evidence contradicts you?

I know this is off topic, but I'm pissed.

That much is clear, because you're not approaching the topic rationally.

I thought to myself, Christ, I'll buy you one that you can take with you!

I'm pretty damned sure you're taking the campaign equivalent of small talk far too seriously. Anne is an adult, she can buy her own juicer if she really wants one, she doesn't need Mitt to do it for her. If she doesn't have one, it's because she doesn't actually care that much.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom