You're back... yay...
This is such a stupid thing to try to convince anyone of. This self-proclaimed academic asked what happens (present tense) to dissolved CO2.
Not that it matters, but can you quote where I proclaimed myself an academic. I am one, regardless of your approval, but IIRC it was Ben who referred to it in this thread.
I answered that forams incorporate it into CaCO3 and it precipitates as chalk. I should have said "foraminifera and other plankton". I supposed that that was understood. Our "expert" then responded that there has to be some limit beyond which this process will (future tense) fail.
I suppose that sarcasm tags or smilies are needed when responding to stupid claims, but that doesn't mean I'll use them. I do not give a damn about your little games, and your attempts to score points on anything but science. So yes, my reply to "You mean, where marine organisms once made shells from calcium carbonate, they now use titanium?", is still "Yes, that the conditions are not the same as the ones that conducted to the creation of the chalk deposits means that the organisms no longer use calcium carbonate."
I could explain to you, once again, that the fact that new CO2 is entering the surface water increases the DIC content, not the TA. Actually the DIC increase reduces the pH, effectively reducing the TA pool. It's from this pool that the cocco's remove carbonates to form plates. Once the pH is low enough, it will be much harder for the cocco's to produce plates, and they won't. But this are two different matters in our present ocean.
Effectively, the CO2 we are introducing will not be captured as carbonates, AND cocco's can still produce plates by capturing carbonates! Isn't it funny how nature doesn't abide to one's simplistic views of how things should work?
So, in some part of the Hypothetic Ocean, there could theoretically be occurring at this moment enough sedimentation of cocco's to create chalk deposits. It's not, as far as I'm aware, but it could. In a few decades it will not be possible even theoretically.
Now, you have two options: either learn something, or have this explanation pasted into every revisiting of this subject, until you learn something...