• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Bigfoot- Anybody Seen one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're assuming here that the TBRC would be blazing away at anything that moved and asking questions later. Bipto has pretty clearly indicated that's not what they're doing.


No, he hasn't clearly indicated any such thing. He has said lots of things, at least some of which cannot reasonably be considered true.
 
What Bipto should do, is sneak a couple of cameras in to the location and place them without anyone knowing. Then proceed to do the typical camera array on the hill, claiming outloud 'if they come down the hill we will certainly get a photo'. Knowing that they will not appear on the hill but in the valley, in range of his smuggled cameras. If no one knows about the secret cameras, I promise you will capture a hoaxer, or the cameras will be destroyed by one. Ideally the smuggled cams should be close to the cabin, and if one goes off u should immediately go retrieve it before the hoaxers can disable the memory card.

In addition to hoax proofing your expeditions, you should log exactly who was in camp on days when you had sightings, and who was there when you did not.

You should also note who would have pre-existing knowledge of the planned sasquatch hunt. Don't leave anyone out. Did one of the owners tell their kids about visiting the location that night? Was one of the owners there on sighting days?

I think you should announce amongst the group that you are going to have a NO-Weapons week, where you are going to try to get them to come in close to the cameras, thereby lifting any threat of accidental shooting from the minds of the hoaxers. Then during that week, employ the secret camera idea. I believe you should have your answer quickly if you employ this tactic.
 
You should also note who would have pre-existing knowledge of the planned sasquatch hunt. Don't leave anyone out. Did one of the owners tell their kids about visiting the location that night? Was one of the owners there on sighting days?

That's a real issue for me about this site. It's a private inholding surrounded by public land, so it would be rather easy for someone to stumble upon the location. Then you've got the word-of-mouth in that community that might be attracting people to the exact spot. Was not the landowner's nephew at the site (with a tea-drinking date) unannounced when shots were fired during the "Echo Incident"? You think he didn't share the story with his buds that there are dudes hunting bigfoot up at his Uncle's cabin?

If this cabin is a hunting rental, then there might be dozens of people who know about it and come to the spot without officially checking in. For example, I've got a local park where I do some work that has a mandatory user fee. I check in and pay the fee when I know I'm going to be there for a while, but I often just slip in and out for a bit without contacting anyone.

So I'm dubious about the degree to which access is controlled - or could be predicted.
 
Homo Sapiens? Do i win a cookie?


No. People are regularly captured on trail cameras. Sometimes they know their picture has been taken and sometimes they don't.

The point is that Bigfoot seems to be the only creature that is able to avoid 100% of the trail cameras out there in the world because it wants to avoid trail cameras.
 
When do you plan to return to this location?

Since it's the intention of several people on this board to discover and publicize the location of our research area, I think it's best for us to not disclose any future plans whatsoever.

Do you believe that these putative apes hibernate, or do they simply extend their foraging range in the winter?

Excellent question. No idea. I would like to be there in the winter some time to explore that very question.

Is there any evidence of an increase in sightings in the winter, for example around garbage dumps?

I'm aware of anecdotal accounts of that, but there's nothing like that in our area as far as I am aware.
 
I think you should announce amongst the group that you are going to have a NO-Weapons week, where you are going to try to get them to come in close to the cameras, thereby lifting any threat of accidental shooting from the minds of the hoaxers. Then during that week, employ the secret camera idea. I believe you should have your answer quickly if you employ this tactic.

If the hoaxer(s) is reading this thread or being told about it then all bets are off on catching them in the act.
 
So could we say that you're sure of what you saw only because some people (3 persons) told you what they believe they saw

While this won't endear me to you at all, I take the word of people I've known for a very long time and literally trust with my life in combination with what my own senses observed as sufficient for me to say I had a sighting. You can think whatever you like, of course.
 
Have you ever thought of coating your bullets with some kind of pathogen, like botulism, that can withstand heat? If you only wound it, then perhaps germ warfare is the answer for bringing one of these guys down.

No, nothing of the kind. The bullets are presumably deadly enough all by themselves.
 
Surely this is fraud/theft? Have you complained to the authorities about this unethical lab?

The cost/benefit analysis doesn't support such an action.

If you agree that this is the only valid proof of the beast's existence, why do you spend time you could be using to obtain it trying to convince people in the interweb to accept your bald assertions?

Really? You're asking why I come back to civilization where I make my living and have a family instead of spending every ounce of life I have left in an attempt to collect a wood ape? Do you really think I've at any point had the choice between driving a whole day so I could spend a week or more in the bush versus come here and type out answers to silly questions like this one and have chosen to do *this*?

As a group, we spend all our vacation time, significant resources, and much physical effort to do what we do. I apologize if you find our effort insufficient.

Hilited bit is much ruder.

It could have been *way* ruder and was, I thought, less rude than what it was in reply to.

How do you know what a truck (do you mean a pick-up? An artic?) falling ten feet sounds like?

Obviously, because I have an outstanding imagination.
 
If there's no evidence they forage, what are they eating?

Just because we haven't found evidence doesn't mean it isn't there. However, there is an abundance of food in the area, both growing out of the ground and slithering, crawling, or walking over it.
 
I heard the tape on the TBRC site. The first one especially - sounds just like the bang from a metal gas can.

We have seen rocks sailing down from the mountainside. We have collected them from the roof of the cabin and neighboring outbuildings. We have had them land close to us on the ground. Therefore, when we hear what sounds like a rock hitting a metal object, we assume it is just that.

If you care to, listen to the sounds I've included in the last episode of the Bigfoot Show (#40). Those are clearly not metal cans expanding.
 
How would you, once you prove BF is real, propose to protect their habitat? Seems to me that lately their habitat is about everywhere, if you look at the reports on the BFF and the BFRO.

I think the legal effort to protect their habitat would be enormous. Significantly more contentious than the spotted owl issue. To your point, there are a plethora of reports coming from some potentially dubious sources. It will presumably be the work of trained biologists to learn more about the species and their habitat.

And what do you propose to do to protect them as a species - make it illegal for people to shoot them and bag their bodies? I mean, since this is such a common occurrance...

One of the things advocates of leaving them undiscovered argue is that, once they're proven, there will be a rash of big game hunters taking out swaths of unsuspecting wood apes for the walls of wealthy collectors. As you suggest, I doubt that will be an issue. Hunting is not the threat to this animal (or to most), it's the decimation of habitat. So yes, I would advocate for laws against the killing of them once they're established, but a better use of time would be identifying and protecting where they live.
 
Have you given any thought to collecting as many of the allegedly thrown items as possible? It sounds like a perfect way to find some fingerprints. Don't forget the rubber gloves, plastic bags and tongs!

We've been advised that print collection would be impossible, but have very recently also been told that DNA could be obtained from them. No idea what the cost or procedure for that is, but I suspect that going forward we will bag and save the rocks instead of simply brushing them to the ground.
 
If you believe you're really dealing with wood apes with midtarsal breaks, surely that information could be used to formulate some way to take advantage of that lack of specialization.

It'll be great to be able to study an actual wood ape foot and know how they move, won't it?
 
Seems to me that the easiest solution to this would be to set up the cameras in a way that a camera can't be removed from behind without another camera capturing a picture of the mover.

Here's the thing about cameras. They have several limitations (even the most expensive ones).

1. Camera trigger problem (tested and proven to be a problem after cameras were pulled) - They're slower in practice than they are in the lab.
2. Small area covered by the sensors, in a great big forest (maybe 400sqft)
3. PIR relies on heat signatures, which isn't ideal in a hot humid environment with lots of sun heated rocks - We get a ton of pictures of trees moving in the wind.
4. The subject has to "cross the streams", or detection zones to trigger it, so walking straight at or away doesn't always trigger it. We've seen this ourselves in that *we* are not always recorded as we appriach the cameras for service.
5. There is probably some degree of avoidance, i.e. alpha male coyote study

Alternately, you could (or just use them if you want to test the claim that Bigfoot can somehow sense electrical equipment) set up some camera traps activated by a simple mousetrap.

We have recently discussed the use of mechanical triggers, but haven't, er, "pulled the trigger" on any. Thing is, what's the value of an image? Would anyone here accept one we produced? I have advocated we focus on other forums of evidence collection and reduce the effort put into cameras because, at the end of the day, we all agree that pictures won't do it.
 
I was referring to your statement that night vision equipment reflects off of glass. It's a moot point if you have no AC, as there is no way you had the windows closed.

Because you are aware of all types of windows in use in all structures in North America? I also said screens obscure what you can see. Are we allowed to keep the bugs off us while we sleep?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom