• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Bigfoot- Anybody Seen one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asked how I know they exist and I say because I've seen them. I don't recall saying that my experiences require you or any other person to accept what I say. Everyone is asserting that we need to provide proof (as in, a specimen since I expect nothing short of that would be acceptable) and I totally agree.

No you need to bag a body, you've said the opportunity is there so do better than parcher and make that happen.
 
I am asked how I know they exist and I say because I've seen them. I don't recall saying that my experiences require you or any other person to accept what I say. Everyone is asserting that we need to provide proof (as in, a specimen since I expect nothing short of that would be acceptable) and I totally agree.

and from the BFF:
As I said on the BFS, if I had been the only one to see what I saw, then I would have said it was, at best, a possible sighting.
Since three other members of my team saw it better than I did at the very same moment (including one of the figures walking upright
on the slope of the mountain), I feel confident saying I had a sighting.
Saying that three of us had a confirmed sighting while I only had a possible seems silly since it was all the same event.

So could we say that you're sure of what you saw only because some people (3 persons) told you what they believe they saw?

Could you try to forget for a moment what others told you, and describe exactly what you saw?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Have you ever thought of coating your bullets with some kind of pathogen, like botulism, that can withstand heat? If you only wound it, then perhaps germ warfare is the answer for bringing one of these guys down.
 
Have you ever thought of coating your bullets with some kind of pathogen, like botulism, that can withstand heat? If you only wound it, then perhaps germ warfare is the answer for bringing one of these guys down.

It's hard to bring down an imaginary creature.
 
But you would surely know what you shot in a short amount of time when a septic case showed up at the ER or on autopsy.
 
No they aren't. Metal goes "boom", especially for something like a metal cas can. They boom while expanding in the sun, and boom while contracting at night. Some stoves are particularly loud. Water pipes, the fins on baseboard heat - all kinds of metal objects do this.

What is interesting is seeing how this has been pointed out already and having you fail to acknowledge it. A normal person who is told about this effect understands immediately.

Yet for you it remains "perplexing". Could you explain why this extremely common phenomenon is so hard for you to understand?

Based on what I heard in the pod cast, I gathered this was not within the cabin, but in different places in the general area. Have you listened to the pod cast?
 
The first lab we worked with was unreliable and didn't take our sample seriously. Essentially, they took our blood and money and then blew us off.

Surely this is fraud/theft? Have you complained to the authorities about this unethical lab?

We are in complete agreement. Weird.

About needing a specimen. If you agree that this is the only valid proof of the beast's existence, why do you spend time you could be using to obtain it trying to convince people in the interweb to accept your bald assertions?

You are speaking out of your orifice. These booms are massively, incredibly loud. As if a truck has been picked up and dropped from 10 feet in the air. Almost, but not quite, completely unlike metal contracting in the cool air. As in how the space shuttle is not the Wright brother's plane.

You are an astonishingly rude person.

Hilited bit is much ruder. How do you know what a truck (do you mean a pick-up? An artic?) falling ten feet sounds like?

Props for the HHGTTG reference :P For the record, I would love it if BF was real.
 
Last edited:
Well if I was a decent skeptic Jodie I'd now be challenging you to prove that those cameras were tampered with by hoaxers.

Can't prove it? Okay then, good for the gander as well: Your "hoaxer did it" hypothesis has the identical probability as bipto's "bigfoot did it" hypothesis.

But we know humans/hoaxers, or bears for that matter, exist and mess with cameras, if not out right steal them. Wouldn't probability suggest that as the likely cause as opposed to bigfoot, yet to be proven?
 
Bugs? Fish? Squirrels? Snakes? Would you notice a dent in the population of these things assuming they have the same metabolic rate that we have?

How many squirrels would a bigfoot chuck if a bigfoot does chuck squirrels?:)
 
Hilited bit is much ruder.

Props for the HHGTTG reference :P For the record, I would love it if BF was real.


There are exceptions to every rule, including etiquette, sometimes a spade is just a spade.
 
You are speaking out of your orifice. These booms are massively, incredibly loud. As if a truck has been picked up and dropped from 10 feet in the air. Almost, but not quite, completely unlike metal contracting in the cool air. As in how the space shuttle is not the Wright brother's plane.

You are an astonishingly rude person.

I heard the tape on the TBRC site. The first one especially - sounds just like the bang from a metal gas can. You just proved again you don't know what one sounds like. Just about every old mining claim I've ever been to has all kinds of these noises going on from so much metal junk laying around. The deepest booms come from the old dredge pontoons, whereas yours are more of the thinner metal booms from smaller objects. The loudest ones I've ever heard are from gas/kerosene cans.

I also worked in a junkyard operating a steel shredder and heavy equipment, using a loader to stack cars and trucks after they were stripped, loading them into a car crusher, and then into railroad cars. I know what all kinds of vehicles sound like when they're dropped. Wheels on, wheels off, right side up and upside down, glass stripped, glass intact, on the ground vs on top of another car or in the RR car. That isn't what comes to mind listening to your tape.

You said on that tape there's all kinds of junk laying around outside the cabins. The thing about these bangs is that they happen when there is rapid temperature change, so a really hot day followed by a cold front coming in is going to give you some really loud bangs.
 
Bipto, thanks for answering the Qs.

Here's another:

How would you, once you prove BF is real, propose to protect their habitat? Seems to me that lately their habitat is about everywhere, if you look at the reports on the BFF and the BFRO.

And what do you propose to do to protect them as a species - make it illegal for people to shoot them and bag their bodies? I mean, since this is such a common occurrance...
 
bipto said:
The cabin is close to the slope, but not close enough for the rocks to simply tumble down and impact the roof. Also, the slope's a slope, not a cliff. It's not that dramatic. We hear the rocks impacting leaves and branches on the way down before they hit the roof.

Have you given any thought to collecting as many of the allegedly thrown items as possible? It sounds like a perfect way to find some fingerprints. Don't forget the rubber gloves, plastic bags and tongs!
 
Bipto,

Since logic tells me bigfoot doesn't exist I have a proposal for you.

On the 1st of each month send me a fifth of Knob Creek, until the day the TBRC brings in a dead BF and the body is examined and accepted by the scientific community.

After that, I will send you a fifth of Old Crow each month.

How about it?
 
bipto said:
You assume their feet work like yours. If they have a mid-tarsal break, they would move differently uphill than you and I.

According to an email to Drewbot from Dr. Meldrum:

Sasquatch certainly would be expected to have characteristics associated with bipedalism. If the P-G film can be accepted at face for the sake of discussion, the film subject shows a lengthened Achille's tendon cxompared to a gorilla or chimp, but one shorter than the average human. Retention of the flexible midfoot affords several advantages (enumerated in the book) and associated/correlated anatomies of the foot are evident in multiple independent examples. A flat flexible foot doesn't preclude efficient walking and bursts of speed -- observe a chimp. But ape, and sasquatch I suggest, lack the specializations of the human foot and gracile body form, and physiology, selected for endurance walking and more specifically -- endurance running.

Bolding by me. If you believe you're really dealing with wood apes with midtarsal breaks, surely that information could be used to formulate some way to take advantage of that lack of specialization.
 
Bipto,

Since logic tells me bigfoot doesn't exist I have a proposal for you.

On the 1st of each month send me a fifth of Knob Creek, until the day the TBRC brings in a dead BF and the body is examined and accepted by the scientific community.

After that, I will send you a fifth of Old Crow each month.

How about it?

What is the bigfooter's excuse for the lack of a body or any skeletal remains? There seems one obvious answer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom