• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Bigfoot- Anybody Seen one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sykes project is legitimate and will produce a report on alleged yeti and Bigfoot samples by end of this year.

I'm thinking that Sykes is wanting to put an end to swelling Bigfoot enthusiasm, a put up or shut up attitude, but that he is honest enough to release information in support of Bigfootery if he does find something.

The TBRC collected hairs from places like the outside of cabins. Under the microscope, most hairs turned out raccoon. One hair they suspect may be ape. Check their website for photos and other information relating to the hair.

AFAIK, it's rare for footers to submit samples to objective scientists/organizations.
 
^^^A "scissor walk" is what they do after their squatch moms catch them running with scissors. :D

Seriously though - I would like to ask a question.

The amount of caloric intake for creatures of this size must be enormous. Given that - do you have any evidence of foraging or predatory action that does not fit the known animals in the area?

Thanks Bipto.

It's magical.

It's a very large monkey that can run fast for extended periods, and run up hills, and carry large pigs, but it's caloric intake is not discernible in it's environment.
 
I would bet there is not a large mammal in the world which at one time or another been found as road kill.

Why not BF?
 
What speciically lead you to believe there was a bigfoot present at your location?

We saw them.

Could you please show us "any" evidence you may have indicating the presence of bigfoot?

What evidence do you have specifically? Evidence of what?

We've released information regarding the collection of hair evidence that is being DNA tested to determine the animal of origin. We continue to examine audio and image data.

Have you exaggerated how remote your location is?

No.
 
Brian, how easy is it to get to the location on foot? Is it in a hollow or on a flat plat of land surrounded by woods?

With enough determination, you can get anywhere by foot. I'd rather not give more information regarding the topography of the area that hasn't already been disclosed publicly.
 
What an odd thing to see, someone bent over using a zip line going up an embankment? But you would see evidence of a line even if the perpetrators pulled it up after the ascent. I don't think you would hallucinate that if you are expecting to see an ape.

Kathy mentioned the scissor walk to me but I'm not sure I understand what she meant by that. Bipto what is the scissor walk? I can't picture it.

I'm assuming "scissor walk" simply means that the sighter's angle was such that he could see the creature's legs come together and separate, i.e.; run or walk (as opposed to viewing directly from behind.) This is important because it would preclude bears. Without this observation, and excepting the alleged speed of the subjects, black bears running away from the viewers could be interpreted as bipedal, bending at the waist, arms tucked in, Wood Apes. I suspect that even some of their allies are thinking the team saw bears.
 
1) If it's "pith black outside" at night, you might want to use lights?

2) If you have night vision scopes, you might want to use them?

Of course we use them. Two of the possible sightings I had near the cabin were from using a flashlight and night vision scope, respectively.

3) If night vision scopes don't work through a window, then either turn out the lights inside so you can look out, open the window or even simply walk outside to look?

4) Could you state if you have bothered to look out or not?

If I understand you, you're suggesting we don't look out windows, don't go outside, and generally do not investigate sounds, interactions, or any suspected wood ape activity. That's just incorrect. I think I've been pretty clear to that point on my podcast.

Also, with regard to night vision reflection, it's often that case that the unit will show you a reflection when looking through glass. Same for thermal. You can use it though screens, but the image is significantly degraded. Also, not all night vision units provide the same results. Even among the same model, each unit is different. They do not give you magical see-in-the-dark powers unless there's ambient light of some kind or an infrared illumination. In any event, it's more often the case that we use them *outside* rather than inside.
 
1. Have you (or any member of your expedition) actually seen one of these animals?

Yes. I have one daylight sighting (the incident on the hill that was witnessed by three others) plus two other possible sightings. We have documents many possible sightings among out members and several clear sightings where significant portions of the animal could be seen, if only briefly.

2. Can you elaborate on the evidence that you've found that doesn't rise to the level of proof?

We have the hair evidence we released yesterday, audio evidence, and we've documented tracks and trackways.

3. What steps have you taken to prevent being hoaxed by third parties (other than confidentiality and having armed people around the camp?)

We do our best to ensure that the location remains confidential. The terrain and difficult conditions of the area are also significant deterrents to outside interference.
 
I think it's fair to ask what the researchers did when they heard these sounds outside the cabins, and why, if they're armed, they didn't pick up a gun, go outside and investigate the sounds.

That happens all the time. We had a team in there just this past weekend who did exactly that on several occasions.
 
Have you had any game cams go missing, or found any tampered with or destroyed.

Yes, we've found cameras that have been tampered with. They will sometimes show that they're being moved, but none of them have captured pictures of what's moving them. These are always cameras that can be fiddled with from behind.

Do you consider the following to be evidence of BF?
'Whatever the creature is, shows up here, when the cams are there, and there, when the cams are here.'

No, it's an observation of behavior. Moving cameras can move the location of activity. It's not evidence of bigfoot, per se, but since we know they're there and are the cause of the activity we experience, I guess you can say whatever you want about it.
 
Question - why are you researchers so hell-bent on proving BF exists?

We would like them and their habitat to be conserved. Until they "exist," nothing will be done to ensure they survive as a species.
 
Getting back to the "booms". A huge fault runs along the coast line of South Carolina, I've heard the so called "booms"' here and it is attributed to the seismic activity and the collapse of sand bars out on the edge of the continental shelf. We do have minor trembles here on a regular basis although I rarely feel them.

You mentioned them in your pod cast, and I've heard a few others from different areas of the country mention it in conjunction with activity or sightings, but not in all cases. I'm just curious about any kind of information you might have about the area along those lines. Has anyone in your group looked into it searching for alternative explanations for the "booms" not related to bigfoot? If so, what did they find?
 
1: On your webstite it says that after shooting at a Bigfoot you found a red substance on some rocks, and that it tested positive for blood. You sent this blood for testing. This was over a year ago, what are the results of the test?

The first lab we worked with was unreliable and didn't take our sample seriously. Essentially, they took our blood and money and then blew us off. We have held onto the remaining samples for a better opportunity. Right now, the only thing Sykes has from us is hair. The blood is available to him. There are, I believe, three more samples of that blood.

2: The cabins you stay in at area X are described as primitive, with no electricity, if I'm not mistaken. If this is true, then there is no way you had the windows closed in July and August, so you should have had no problem looking out the window. So, which is it: are they super primitive with no AC, or is it an air conditioned cabin with electricity, tv, internet and other amenities?

There is some electricity, but no A/C. The windows that open are open. I don't recall saying the windows weren't open. I also don't recall saying we don't look out of them. Of course we do.

Also, I am a skeptic, but I'm also a pretty open minded, level headed guy who loves the outdoors and adventure. Would you consider, if I were to sign an agreement not to disclose the location, to having me along to check out the area? I live a few hours from there. What would be better than to show a skeptic such as myself these creatures?

We have discussed letting open-minded skeptics into the site on several occasions. It remains a possibility. Contact us through our website.
 
Has anyone looked into whether any geological surveys were ever done of the area? Is there a history of mining in the area? Is it possible the rocks on the roof were related to rock fall if the cabin was backed up to the side of a mountain or tied in anyway to what you described hearing?

There is no mining in the area that I'm aware of. The booms are perplexing. If they're related to the animals, we have no idea how they're being made.

The cabin is close to the slope, but not close enough for the rocks to simply tumble down and impact the roof. Also, the slope's a slope, not a cliff. It's not that dramatic. We hear the rocks impacting leaves and branches on the way down before they hit the roof. On the show I'm recording today, I'll be playing a nice recording of exactly that along with some new throwing behavior.
 
(For one thing, we bipedal primates would use our arms for balance while running up uneven terrain. The TBRC team saw apes behaving more like half-backs protecting the ball at the goal line than what we would expect of apes.)

You assume their feet work like yours. If they have a mid-tarsal break, they would move differently uphill than you and I.
 
Kathy mentioned the scissor walk to me but I'm not sure I understand what she meant by that. Bipto what is the scissor walk? I can't picture it.

She was referring to seeing their legs "scissor" back and forth. As in, two legs moving in opposite directions as a means of locomotion.
 
As Jerrywayne said, like people walk, I was getting it confused with the straight line track patterns you see in the ones thought to be genuine so pictured some kind of scissoring horizontally to make that happen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom