• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Bigfoot- Anybody Seen one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can see that the habituation scenario is becoming the standard for evidence now. Nobody wants or cares about that fleeting glimpse when you went camping last year in any sense that keeps their attention for more than a minute. What they want is the real deal where Bigfoot is there to be seen or heard regularly. Regular enough now that we can invite folks with confidence that they will get an encounter.

These are Bigfoot habituations where you can have multiple witnesses experience Bigfoot and often together.

Area X
MRP
Sylvanic
Skillyville
Kentucky Project
Etc.
 

Ah, thanks. I had missed that exchange.

Well the Ouachitas are rugged and beautiful and sparsely populated. That's all true. The hypothetical distribution of bigfoots in North America overlaps broadly with that of black bear, and there are lots of bears in the Ouachitas. Ergo, if there was something like a bigfoot then the Ouachitas could be considered appropriate habitat for it. I don't see that anyone has trumped up the remoteness of the place itself. It's not wilderness but it is wild.

The difficulty is the lack of physical evidence produced from this area that, while sparsely populated, is rather frequently visited by foresters, biologists, hunters, mushroomers, and other outdoor enthusiasts. Heck, Cucumber Creek is a TNC Preserve! Having worked with TNC in a previous life, I can attest that they send their inventory teams out with the proverbial fine-toothed comb before they commit to developing new preserves.

Unless I missed a memo, the only folks coming out of that area with bigfoot evidence are bigfooters, and that evidence has taken the form of stories and testimonials.
 
Right, but I will add that it doesn't look like the MRP and this Area X are about raking in profits for the "researchers". This is like a staged show for people who love the idea of Bigfoot being real and want to share what it would be like to experience a real Bigfoot if they did actually exist. And it's pretty easy to flip folks over to "knower" when you show them a walking and tree-knocking Bigfoot. Watch out for the flying pebbles. These fellas get rambunctious sometimes. But they haven't killed any of us at all, not even a little bit. We stay back and watch them. Happy to watch them, and then a warm glow with the thought that those skeptics are wrong. We thought they were wrong and now we know.

These study groups (by invitation) are like baptisms. Boom now you are one of us. It's easy when they are already believers or want to join the believers.

Cultish.

Rite of passage...
 
Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Yes, they like rank and file too.




Well I think that Bigfoot is idolized and becomes an obsession. It becomes a lifestyle and regular thought during the course of the day. I think that Bigfooters might think about Bigfoot more often than the religious think about God.

I will say it's a cult with follower behavior that is sometimes like that of the religious. But that's like other cults too.

This is not directed at you in particularly Parcher but since you brought it up, I'm going to comment on it. If all of you are here posting regularly aren't y'all thinking about the bigfoot topic pretty regularly too?

I think it's more of a regime than a cult, but I have to say the sense of over reaction I experienced from some of you as a result of declaring Kathy a friend was akin to cultism too, there is no denying that, it went on for pages, much to my surprise.

I'ld be careful about alluding to cultism unless my behavior was absolutely above question.
 
LOL, I guess flying FLIR missions in that area is now pretty much out of the question, as even a handgun can, theoretically, bring down a low flying aircraft.

I believe bipto admits that the area is car accessible but is now making the claim that it is 2 hours from any paved road (though he doesn't specify the rate/mode of travel). Assuming he is referring to shortest path vehicular travel within LeFlore County, how is that possible, since according to wikipedia, there are 4 US highways and 4 state highways in LeFlore. And how is that 2 hour claim compatible with the story of the two hikers with the iced tea? Not to mention the discrepancy in land ownership claims.
 
Last edited:
Does the hunting lease necessarily have to be close to where he lives? If the shooting incident happened in LeFlore then there ought to be a report about it with an address of the site.
Jodie, if you have some time, I suggest you to have a look at this article. If not, you should ask your friend where she had her revelation.
 
OT for the current discussion, but I was looking for something different to listen to on iTunes radio today and found my way to their "comedy" channel. I've heard several squatchy sounds on something called "Halloweenradio Atmosphere." Mostly it's screams and rattling chains with some background thunder, but I've heard some stuff that sounds just like some of the moans and howls so often attributed to bigfoots.

Carry on. (No, it's not 2 hours from a paved road to the top of Lynn Mtn unless, of course, you're attempting that trek in a Mazda Miata.)
 
LOL, I guess flying FLIR missions in that area is now pretty much out of the question, as even a handgun can, theoretically, bring down a low flying aircraft.

I believe bipto admits that the area is car accessible but is now making the claim that it is 2 hours from any paved road (though he doesn't specify the rate/mode of travel). Assuming he is referring to shortest path vehicular travel within LeFlore County, how is that possible, since according to wikipedia, there are 4 US highways and 4 state highways in LeFlore. And how is that 2 hour claim compatible with the story of the two hikers with the iced tea? Not to mention the discrepancy in land ownership claims.

He's got to mean walking, hasn't he? I find it hard to believe that there's any point in the lower 48 that's two hours from a paved road by car.
 
Looks like we hit a raw nerve zeroing in on this site, so let's just keep turning the crank.

The property description begins with SW SW, which I take to mean the southwest quarter of the southwest quarter, which locates the parcel in the lower left 40 acre square here:


AreaXLynnMt2.jpg



SW SW BEG 630 W SE COR
SW SW N210 W210 S210
E210 POB B1301 P678
B1371 P937 B1386 P200

So beginning in the Southeast corner of that square, start at 630 feet west of that corner. The property is a square running North 210 feet, then West 210 Feet, then South 210 feet, then East 210 feet. It is a square on the bottom edge of that section.

So for directions, turn off county road 256 to Forest Service road 2056 A to the south. It is going to run along a 2,100 elev. ridge for less than a mile, then starts to descend towards Cucumber Creek, as Shrike is pointing out. After you descend for a quarter mile you better be looking for a left-hand turn into whatever private property (s) there are along that road.

You are a matter of feet from this property now so there is only one active poster here who will prove incapable of finding it with this much direction.
 
Last edited:
BTW, Bipto, you never had any worry that anyone around here has the idea of visiting your site. If a primate is killed on that land, it will not be one of us skeptics.

The issue was who was telling tall tales about what.

But we are certainly informed about other issues by your now deleted post.
 
This is not directed at you in particularly Parcher but since you brought it up, I'm going to comment on it. If all of you are here posting regularly aren't y'all thinking about the bigfoot topic pretty regularly too?

I think it's more of a regime than a cult, but I have to say the sense of over reaction I experienced from some of you as a result of declaring Kathy a friend was akin to cultism too, there is no denying that, it went on for pages, much to my surprise.

I'ld be careful about alluding to cultism unless my behavior was absolutely above question.

Jodie,
Using the cult analogy we'd be the deprogrammers, not the members.
 
Right on, GT/CS.

Here is how I would approach for a picture of the cabins they are renting: Generally, section lines are both surveyed and are rights of way, unless there has been some contrary direct prohibition. For example, a property owner can vacate a section line right-of-way by providing an alternate route.

So observe the section line on the south side of section 5 intersects 6025-A at the west corner. If a person can't find the section line then they are fired from my orienteering club. Do it by GPS if you are a ninny.

So, after parking at the section line intersection with 6025-A, proceed East, and you are going to run into these cabins on your left. You can figure out how many feet exactly by looking at the diagram and measuring. But note you are headed downhill, and can use the contour lines to guestimate too.

You are on public property all the way by doing this, and you are literally right on the boundary of their rental cabin. You'll be able to talk directly to them, and chat about how the road seemed to be a lot better than their description of it, and gosh look at all this activity around and yet the only people alleging bigfoot are you guys. But the way you thought to get away with this was by keeping the location secret.

And here I am, howdy doo - neener, neener, neener. Calling you on it.
 
I believe bipto admits that the area is car accessible but is now making the claim that it is 2 hours from any paved road (though he doesn't specify the rate/mode of travel). Assuming he is referring to shortest path vehicular travel within LeFlore County, how is that possible, since according to wikipedia, there are 4 US highways and 4 state highways in LeFlore. And how is that 2 hour claim compatible with the story of the two hikers with the iced tea? Not to mention the discrepancy in land ownership claims.

Thanks. This is enormously fun.

From Highway 259, along county road 256, it is 5.45 miles to the turn-off for Forest Service Road 2056-A. The cabin is less than a mile from there.

I used google earth's ruler function and measured every little segment, many less than a tenth of a mile. So even a really big generous margin of error has this well under ten miles from a US highway.

The math proves that their cabin is within 2 hours walking distance from a paved highway: US 259. (Providing of course they are telling the truth about it being on this fellow's property - and I think we have good reason to believe that).

Edit: It is worth pointing out that this cabin site overlooks the Beech Creek National Scenic Area parking lot. You will hear traffic going in there and the people calling to one another, especially at night with headlights. Right before they are hearing the bigfoot wood-knocking they're going to watch a car pull up and hear some guys talking right before they pick up a branch and bang it on a tree below the cabin.
 
Last edited:
As I recall the story of the shooting, two young people were within range but supposedly not in the direction of fire and protected by dense forest. They felt they were being fired upon, and fled to their truck which was nearby, close enough that the 'footers heard the engine start. The footers advanced in that direction and found a spilled cup of iced tea on the trail. It may be that there was still unmelted ice though I can't be sure about that. I mean, they didn't say "tea," they said "iced tea." The expression "cup" in this context must mean a paper or plastic cup from a restaurant/fast food outlet, which are always found on paved roads.

So I ask bipto: does he want us to believe that the carrier of the iced tea nursed an apparently disposable cup of tea and the ice for AT LEAST TWO HOURS while riding/driving a vehicle to this spot, and still had enough of it remaining to carry it along on their little stroll and even after it was spilled have it be identified as iced tea by the 'footers?

I frankly can't accept the 2 hour thing at this point.
 
Last edited:
That would be here.


If you use Google earth's timeline feature you can go back to pictures from 1-10-2006, and, even though the resolution isn't that great, make out some man made structures in the area. At least they appear to be man made. Could be some Bigfoot Teepees........
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom