Hallo Alfie
Banned
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2009
- Messages
- 10,691
I agree, Rudd had no guts, he should have called Stalin on his opposition to the ETS,
Exactly. And I think we can credit Abbott with a bit more ticker than the yabbie's predecessor.
If the Stalinist party gets in, in 2013 and cannot negate the carbon tax, Stalin will hope to win a double dissolution, but don't be too confident of that. Hopefully by the time he can call a double dissolution enough punters would have woken up to Stalin.
You are aware that the original Stalin - like Gillard - was a communist?
Just saying.
Correct me too, was it not Queenslands LNP that was compared to Stalin's party and not the federal Liberal Party?
Just saying.
That aside, hoping counts for naught. The double dissolution would be called within about three months; far too early for the punters not to give him the benefit of the doubt. The greens could also kiss their seats goodbye; and wouldn't that be nice? That aside, as I said earlier, the Labor party senators (and some others) would not simply relinquish the tenure of their seats on a matter of principle like that.
you will have to show me all the damage being done by the carbon price. I can't see it anywhere. Far more price rises have been caused by climate related extreme events.
Hopefully you will settle on a place for the goalposts (not to mention the argument you would like to have) sometime soon.
Last edited: