ExMinister
RSL Acolyte
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2007
- Messages
- 2,982
I have the book that is referenced above and Wayne does not refer to the story as himself. His book reads "Tommy" comes home from school.
Thanks, OJMo. That's interesting, too. I wasn't actually referencing a book. I'd heard him tell this story many times over the years on tapes and at lectures and could swear on my fallible-human-memory that the times I've heard it he has told it about himself - but since I can't at the moment point to a tape or specific lecture, I'll concede that I might be wrong. I don't have time to go back and listen to those tapes.
Thanks for pointing this out, though. It does make me curious now about whether or not he has always told the story in the third person. If I do have time to go back and check at some point, I'll post here for completeness' sake.