mikeyx
Banned
- Joined
- Oct 29, 2007
- Messages
- 3,568
Then how do you explain the missions to the Antarctic that didn't include a TV crew?
hes still a whore, and you sir, just don't see things clearly. Do you give money to the elf or alf?
Then how do you explain the missions to the Antarctic that didn't include a TV crew?
do you give money to PETA or the elf or alf?Dessi said:Suppose that we aren't talking about fully self-aware humans, but humans who are at a similar level of awareness as seals and whales, like infants or children?
Well I disagree. I think if they hadn't done that, the Shonan Maru would have simply kept turning and rammed them anyway. Why else would they turn hard toward the Ady Gil in the first place?
The Captain of the Ady Gil, Pete Bethune, attempted the fastest circumnavigation using that ship. I find it unlikely that a man so financially and emotionally invested in his ship would intentionally skuttle it for ratings.
Old fashioned red herring: when you can't think of a reply to my actual comment, change the subject. What would my charitable donations have to do with this thread?
Seriously, you think Sea Shepherd needs to "man up"?
![]()
it leads to the larger point, peta funds both the alf and elf, and both routinely break the law "for the cause", not so different. The elf in fact is little better than organized arson, so you fund sea shepards, do you help the elf? Fair question. Fair comparison.
As I've said before, I'm a fan of the ALF. Modern-day abolitionists, and real heroes. There's no G.I. Bill for anonymously saving animals.
Anyway, you know who financial links to terrorists? U.S. taxpayers. Our government has also openly supported known dictators. We fund oppressive forces. Does that make the ALF's policies hunky-dory? No. Does it make many people in this thread self-righteous hypocrites. You bet.
Yes, I've been donating to PETA years, and to the Sea Shepard Society, and Humane Society, and ASPCA. I agree with Cain on everything he says:
hes still a whore, and you sir, just don't see things clearly. Do you give money to the elf or alf?
But you then indirectly fund the ELF who are terrorists as PETA actively if quietly funds the ELF. Not unlike various charities being a front for Al Qaeda esque groups. There is a parallel.
The ALF is a moderately smaller turd in the punchbowl, but the ELF enages in actual terrorism and operates in secret much like an insurgency. PETA itself, is quite cult like, I would suggest your money has better places to be...
I could answer that but I have no idea what you mean.
He was doing it before TV. Television went looking for him, not the other way around. Now he uses it. So would anybody with 1/2 a brain.
Okee doke - the Googles has informed me that ALF and ELF are Animal and Earth Liberation Front.
If neither organization injures or murders a human being I'm all for it.
he faked getting shot and he lied about the Adi Gill's sinking being the captian's idea, He ordered it. He's a kook and deserves to be in prison, but he's also a buffoon. I am not advocating the following but were it really whale WARS:
You would attack the boast at port and make them underable to get underway, as well and attack, as in to damage and sink them at sea, and the hell with consequence because.... you're at war.
What he does is posture and put a lot of folks at risk on both sides needlessly.
I am against whaling but this goof isnt the salesman for the cause. He's a dangerous and reckless idiot.
The ELF killing someone through arson is only a matter of time and you just admitted to supporting terrorism. Shows where you're at.
Besides the organizations operational philosophy that saves lives and kills no one, using undercover videos to cooperate with law enforcement to penalize organizations being cruel to animals.But you then indirectly fund the ELF who are terrorists as PETA actively if quietly funds the ELF. Not unlike various charities being a front for Al Qaeda esque groups. There is a parallel.
The ALF is a moderately smaller turd in the punchbowl, but the ELF enages in actual terrorism and operates in secret much like an insurgency. PETA itself, is quite cult like, I would suggest your money has better places to be...
Like PETA's undercover investigations which lead to the rescue of hundreds of neglected cats at a "rescue sanctuary", brought a lawsuit on the US Department of Defense "wound lab leading to the first ban on shooting dogs and cats in military experiments, PETA and the ASPCA's pressure on GM to stop using live animals in crash tests lead to the development of crash test dummies and the end of live animal testing worldwide.I could easily stand behind PETA if their efforts were more on conservationism and saving more pets and not the other stuff.
On the less morbid side of things, PETA volunteers rescued and cleaned dogs and cats who were victims of the BP oil spill in 2010, the animals were spayed, neutered, microchipped, and relocated to Virginia's to be placed in homes at the Virginia Beach Adopt-a-thon -- all out of PETAs pocketbook.
PETA really does do a lot of good things for animals, that's why they have my support.
Just how effective are stunts of women laying around naked?
Following PETA's campaign, Lane Bryant confirms its shops won't sell fur.
PETA successfully lobbied retailer Cole Haan to eliminate exotic animal skins from its product lines.
Overstock.com followed suit, no longer sells shoes or luggage made from exotic animal skins. In a statement, CEO Patrick Byrne thanked PETA for "informing us of these issues and presenting us with evidence that factored into our decision." The move follows Overstock's boycott of fur and ivory goods.
In response to pressure from PETA, one of Britain's largest department stores, John Lewis, has pledged to no longer buy wool from Australian mulesed lambs.
And what exactly does PETA do for animals anyway, besides nothing?
Following PETA's seven month undercover investigation at US Global Exotics, a PETA investigator gathered evidence of animal cruelty, resulting in the largest seizure of animal seizure in history.
North Carolina research lab closed following 9 month PETA investigation revealing cruel treatment toward dogs, cats, and rabbits, a massive rescue effort coordinated by PETA and the US Humane Society worked to place around 200 animals in homes and rescue shelters.
Their goofy stunts really do help and put pressure on companies to minimize the harm they cause to animals.
Get back to me when they do. Till then, you can put your holier-than-thou tone back on the shelf where it belongs.
I'm not so fond of ELF, but ALF is <3. Non-violent direct action really does work, and that's more or less the reason why I give money to the Sea Shepard Society.
I don't think there's anything "cult like" about PETA, but I fully understand why PETA gets such lousy PR. But, goofy as they are, they aren't that evil, they do so much good:
Get back to me when they do. Till then, you can put your holier-than-thou tone back on the shelf where it belongs.
Then how do you explain the missions to the Antarctic that didn't include a TV crew?