• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Scientology abandoned by Hubbard's granddaughter & Miscavige's father

Why is that a helpful question? Homeopathy says things that are true, as does the Da Vinci Code.

Indeed. You'd like to see a critic have a balanced viewpoint, otherwise, you are left wondering about cherry picking and bias.

For example, I'm an atheist, but I still find the beatitudes pretty good, or Paul's musing, "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

Plus, we recently reviewed "trap style" questions, so I had that in mind as well.
 
Belief is a wonderful thing:)

Didn't LRon claim he used the methods described in Dianetics to cure himself of very debilitating wounds he suffered in WW2 (he wasn't wounded in WW2 though; one of his many, many lies about his life).

Do you believe that happened?
 
Didn't LRon claim he used the methods described in Dianetics to cure himself of very debilitating wounds he suffered in WW2 (he wasn't wounded in WW2 though; one of his many, many lies about his life).

Do you believe that happened?

My money's on response number 1. Change the subject. Any other bets? Ron's body was composed of tissues of lies.
 
Last edited:
I have read it, as I said. Very funny book.

I looked at it, so long ago it's hard to remember. I couldn't make heads or tails of the first few pages so I didn't go any further. I had a similar experience trying to read the Koran.
 
I looked at it, so long ago it's hard to remember. I couldn't make heads or tails of the first few pages so I didn't go any further. I had a similar experience trying to read the Koran.

How anyone could believe a word of it is a total mystery to me.
 
But that doesn't include Xenu and the other OT material, does it? You have to spend years and hundreds of thousands of dollar to hear that garbage.

Well, if that's garbage, you could just skip that part, save some money and read the other 99.99%. :)
 
Tommy Davis, Scientology spokesman:

Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles, then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie. The truth is that Mr. Hubbard was a war hero.

But he wasn't wounded during the war. LRon just made that up. So therefore, Dianetic, and then Scientology is based on a lie.
 
dafydd - Well?

You're getting on other people about not answering questions? When are you going to get around to addressing he fact that your "religion" is based on a space opera? Or the fact that LRon claimed to heal himself from wounds that never happened using Dianetics?

The hypocrisy is amazing.
 
Last edited:
You're getting on other people about not answering questions? When are you going to get around to addressing he fact that your "religion" is based on a space opera? Or the fact that LRon claimed to heal himself from wounds that never happened using Dianetics?

The hypocrisy is amazing.

You will never get him to respond to questions like that. Well, you might get a response, but nothing in the way of an actual answer.
 
Thanks. Sometimes it's hard to know if a point is worth defending or just letting it slide by in the interest of civility.

I should have mentioned the "cult" I was in was run on patriotic fervor. It's actually quite well thought of. I spent a full year in it before I decided I wasn't really buying into the elitist attitude.

Nice with the deceptive wording of "cult" applied to the marines and holding that little reveal in for later. Nice touch. I was in the marines too. But what I mean by the marines is that it was the Local Lions club which is the same thing if you look at it the way I do.

I see that it was worded as "almost" or "so close to free", for the water. Yes, he did and it has to be happily conceded. :)

Without conceding the extremely labored way of pretending that water being sold in grocery stores is the same thing as Ron Hubbard conning people with Scientology.

I am not the only one noticing what is a strange process of thinking about things, this willingness to make up analogies instead of speaking to the subject itself.
 
I'm really curious since you say you read the book what you thought of the primary principle around which the book was written?

Didn't you read my post? And Dianetics was based on a lie about curing non-existent war injuries. What do you have to say about that?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom