• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Scientology abandoned by Hubbard's granddaughter & Miscavige's father

You have found another that committed mass murder and was not under psychiatric care. Timothy McVeigh was apparently another.
And what about Hitler? You have all these OT-8 powers, and you can't discern that Mr. Krueger was a conman? :rolleyes:

http://www.cchrint.org/school-shooters/

At least thirteen of the recent school shootings were committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs. There have been 109 wounded and 58 killed.
a) That's called "moving the goal posts". Implicitly, it denies admitting your claim was wrong.

b) The CCHR is a Scientology-frontgroup. I thought you had quite Scientology. :confused:

c) 13 school shootings since 1998? I consulted this list on wiki, and I counted 79 since 1998 in the US. That's about 16%.

I told you that even a monkey should be able to beat me in that argument. Apparently some of you are reading and can do internet research.
You should try it too, maybe you won't come up with imposter-Hitler-doctors next time. :rolleyes:

And didn't you read Squeegee's post?
Of course, the only reasonable thing for you to do at this stage is to state that you retract your original claim.
You still haven't retracted your claim.
 
That statement, my friend, is too precious for words.

On another front, I do miss Tommy Davis. I'd like to see him restored to prominence. What an amazing person.

Most studies show a high correlation between humor and intelligence. The humor on this thread decreased today.
 
The humor on this thread decreased today.

Wrong, yet again. I'm not surprised that you are avoiding the topic of the thread and resorting to childish insults. Once again, will you act like non-scientologist and address the topic of the thread?
 
Most studies show a high correlation between humor and intelligence.

Therefore no humorous scientologists. Understood. Are you still watching me? I can see this thread heading for AAH. It has degenerated into the usual barrage of insults that we get from scientologists who turn up here. Most normal people know that scientology is a dangerous crackpot cult, but the believers always seem shocked and feel insulted when we point that out to them. I guess that free speech has no place in scientology or the freezone.
 
Last edited:
That statement, my friend, is too precious for words.

On another front, I do miss Tommy Davis. I'd like to see him restored to prominence. What an amazing person.

I never met Tommy Davis.


The Celebrity Centers seem like fun places. I didn't know Scientology had centers in New York, London, Paris and a number of other cities across the world. I'll have to visit one soon.

I used to love some of the hockey events our town used to have. They were attended by quite a few NHL players. They were fun to be with. Seems like they have a higher than average sense of humor.
 
I never met Tommy Davis.


The Celebrity Centers seem like fun places. I didn't know Scientology had centers in New York, London, Paris and a number of other cities across the world. I'll have to visit one soon.

I used to love some of the hockey events our town used to have. They were attended by quite a few NHL players. They were fun to be with. Seems like they have a higher than average sense of humor.

Still no comment on the OP? Is derailing in the scientologist's handbook? I'm not surprised that some people come to their senses and leave the cult. What do you think?
 
Last edited:
The Celebrity Centers seem like fun places. I didn't know Scientology had centers in New York, London, Paris and a number of other cities across the world. I'll have to visit one soon.
So you're still in???

Yes, interesting. Anathema to Justinian, of course.
Oh yes. You mean the part where Brousseau spent 3 years in RPF? Or that a year after that, he had to divorce his wife? Those bits are, BTW, in part 2.
 
Most studies show a high correlation between humor and intelligence. The humor on this thread decreased today.

Four out five auditors recommend statistics-free opinions for their preclears who express opinions.
 
I understand this might be just your opinion, but I see it so often, I wonder that it hasn't become just an uninformed meme.

His bibliography is listed on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard_bibliography). An early work, as one example, was "To the Stars" published in 1950, the same year as Dianetics.

Wiki has this on "To the Stars":


My criticism is that some who use the "hack" appellation haven't even read his works and certainly aren't familiar with their literary value.

If I'm right, that doesn't reflect well on those who would be skeptics and critical thinkers, it just sounds like parroting the crowd. It's one thing to dislike or disagree with Scientology, but the ad hom is overkill.

I'd also like to point out Mitt Romney said "Battlefield Earth" was his favorite novel -- I don't suppose he's a supporter of Scientology?

(Since I expect someone will ask, is the New York Times good enough for a cite? http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/romney-favors-hubbard-novel/ )

He was actually a decent, though not exemplary, SF writer, sold quite a few books.

His real career was as a con man though, you would even have to say he was a shining star. Many more people were duped into believing his fictional religion than reading his fiction.
 
He was actually a decent, though not exemplary, SF writer, sold quite a few books.

His real career was as a con man though, you would even have to say he was a shining star. Many more people were duped into believing his fictional religion than reading his fiction.

True, he was right about getting rich by inventing a religion. There's a sucker born every minute.
 
Last edited:
Sometimes I wish that I didn't have a conscience. I am quite sure that I could be a better cult leader than LRon was.
 
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_decline_fall_skeptic.php

http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/scientology-falling-on-hard-times/

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?177494-Aussie-Scientologists-falling-away

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/s/scientology/index.html

''Another trap the media fall into is taking Scientology's claim of ten million members worldwide at face value. Membership figures are notoriously problematic. Are Church of England members everyone who has been baptised into it? Or all those who say they are C of E, meaning they're not anything else? Or Christmas or Easter communicants? So what about the 120,000 members Scientology are claiming in Britain?

In 2001, for the first time, the UK Census asked about religious affiliation. In England and Wales, 1781 people said they were Scientologists — less than 1.5 per cent of the number the Church claims. The 2001 Census figures for other English-speaking countries are similarly low: in Australia, 2032 people said they were Scientologists; in Canada, only 1525; and in New Zealand, 282.

Where are the other nine million or so? They must be in the United States, Scientology's home country. Well, no. In fact, the American Religious Identification Survey estimated in 2001 that there were just 55,000 Scientologists in the US. As the majority of Scientologists live in the US, the actual worldwide membership may be under 100,000 — rather less than the claimed ten million.

How can we account for this 100:1 disparity? The Church's president, Heber Jentzsch, let slip on a radio programme in 1992 that the Church of Scientology claims as a member every single person who has ever taken even an introductory Scientology course since the Church was founded in 1954. Even leaving aside all those "members" who must now be dead, is this really membership? But ten million makes the Church of Scientology sound a great deal more significant than 100,000.

Like many other new religious movements, Scientology has difficulty retaining its new members. Could this partly be because they are so strongly urged to view everything that L. Ron Hubbard wrote as the work of a genius? His later novels, lauded by the Church as "wonderfully wrought", are derided by many SF readers. ''

Onwards and upwards! The world is being informed about scientology. Let us look forward to the day when it becomes a very minor cult.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom