• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Osama Bin Laden died of lung disease?

KevinCanada

Thinker
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
183
All I can say is :jaw-dropp and :eek:

But seriously. I was just reading up on the Iraq war watching some video's and what not. Then I happen to stumble on some old news articles saying Bin Laden died of lung problems in 2000 - 2001 sometime.

After that four big questions popped into my mind.

#1 No proof I am aware of was ever released, only claims.
#2 Bin Laden was well known for taunting videos and messages for lack of better words and they all virtually ceased in the last decade.
#3 It would be in the best interest of Al-Qaida to never mention their leader death as it would boost Western Morale.
#4 It is in the best interest of Obama to make claim to this victory even if it is false.

Is this suiting enough for the conspiracy forums? I hope so lol.
Anyone have a answer to this puzzle?

Thanks.
PS. Have at it! :D
 
Last edited:
Just one question:

...
#4 It is in the best interest of Obama to make claim to this victory even if it is false.
...

Would it not have also been in the best interest of George Bush to fake his killing and claim that victory? Why then did Bush see out his presidency without seizing that low-hanging fruit?
 
re #1-2: OBL videos were released much later than 2001, and they contained information showing they were recently recorded. Of course they could be fake (i.e. not recorded by OBL), but there was generally no contesting his identity.

re #3: Perhaps, however, they did acknowledge when he was killed.

re #4: Would it? I think it would be very risky. He would be in a really nasty spot it the cheat was revealed. Anyway, as already mentioned, Al Queda confirmed the killing (I assume they saw more advantage in a martyr than in maintaining an illusion).

So in conclusion: No.

Hans
 
Just one question:



Would it not have also been in the best interest of George Bush to fake his killing and claim that victory? Why then did Bush see out his presidency without seizing that low-hanging fruit?

I think most people relevant for the position as POTUS have realized by now that too big lies tend to backfire in a really nasty way.

Hans
 
I've heard a lot of people say they don't believe Osama was killed due to them never seeing evidence. Pictures, video, etc. I think it would be in bad taste for the U.S. to show those videos and pictures around. It could also cause a backlash that the US is not prepared for. AQ already got us once.
 
Just one question:



Would it not have also been in the best interest of George Bush to fake his killing and claim that victory? Why then did Bush see out his presidency without seizing that low-hanging fruit?

They could of believed he was still alive, Perhaps Obama received proof he already was dead thus staged it for a big morale boost.

Bush thought Iraq had WMD's. Sadly the paperwork he had was fabricated, Saddam never had the weapons, due to failures in the CIA, Bush could of not known better. Same reasoning, bad info. Bush could of just not known better.
 
bin Laden contracted an acute case of death by Navy SEAL. Period, end of story.
 
A severe allergy to SEAL. A very small percentage of the population have this rare condition, but it is almost always fatal.
 
They could of believed he was still alive, Perhaps Obama received proof he already was dead thus staged it for a big morale boost.

Bush thought Iraq had WMD's. Sadly the paperwork he had was fabricated, Saddam never had the weapons, due to failures in the CIA, Bush could of not known better. Same reasoning, bad info. Bush could of just not known better.

We know Saddam had the weapons at some point because he used them against Iran and the Kurds. He might not have had them anymore though.
 
All I can say is :jaw-dropp and :eek:

But seriously. I was just reading up on the Iraq war watching some video's and what not. Then I happen to stumble on some old news articles saying Bin Laden died of lung problems in 2000 - 2001 sometime.

After that four big questions popped into my mind.

#1 No proof I am aware of was ever released, only claims.
#2 Bin Laden was well known for taunting videos and messages for lack of better words and they all virtually ceased in the last decade.
#3 It would be in the best interest of Al-Qaida to never mention their leader death as it would boost Western Morale.
#4 It is in the best interest of Obama to make claim to this victory even if it is false.

Is this suiting enough for the conspiracy forums? I hope so lol.
Anyone have a answer to this puzzle?

Thanks.
PS. Have at it! :D

What puzzle?
 
So, are you suggesting that the Obama administration crashed a helicopter equipped with the latest American stealth tech, then failed to completely destroy in a country that doesn't particularly care for us just to make the illusion more dramatic?
 
Members of AQ had contact with him during that time - odd they didn't notice the smell
 
#1 No proof I am aware of was ever released, only claims.

There have been a couple of medical claims made about Bin Laden - the most famous one being that he was on dialysis for a kidney problem - and in at least that case it's been actually refuted. I simply wouldn't be surprised if that were the case here, although I admit that this isn't a rebuttal by any stretch. It's merely active skepticism: I'd want proof, and in the absence of such I'd tell the claimant I'm dismissing him until he brings me something better. So whoever's making that claim should bring you the proof, else he risks being summarily dismissed by you.

#2 Bin Laden was well known for taunting videos and messages for lack of better words and they all virtually ceased in the last decade.

I think that tailing off can be reasonably well explained by the "heat" being applied. In the end, it was revealed that Osama had taken to hiding away in his house and making next to no electronic communications for fear of being discovered. In a way, that worked: It took a person informing the CIA of his location before he was found.

#3 It would be in the best interest of Al-Qaida to never mention their leader death as it would boost Western Morale.

I sort of think that sentiment can be overstated. Al Qaeda strikes me as the sort of group that'd be more concerned with damaging western morale through spectacular attacks than worrying about bolstering western moral via covering up deaths of prominent members. While I wouldn't say that that's impossible, I also would want something other than an assertion that that's how they operate.

That said, in the specific case of Bin Laden, it would be a bit easier to cover that sort of thing up than in other, more active leaders. Remember the reporting surrounding his death? There was evidence reported that he felt out of touch, and also that the organization was sort of straying from his vision of what they should be doing. That was directly attributed to his hiding. If there was any terrorist leader who's death could be faked without outsiders knowing it, it'd be Bin Laden's: The leadership void was being filled already, he was out of contact, Al Qaeda's "franchise" model of operations was pretty decentralized to begin with, etc.... So if that were the case here, Bin Laden would've been the ideal candidate. But of course, that would bring to question who the SEALs shot in Pakistan. As well as the question that, if Bin Laden had really been dead this entire time and his presence been faked since 2001, why hasn't Al Qaeda pulled a coup and produced yet another "fake" Bin Laden video to embarrass the US military and government with? Regardless, any way you cut it, Bin Laden having been dead that long would cause manifest inconsistencies that would be very difficult to miss.

#4 It is in the best interest of Obama to make claim to this victory even if it is false.

True, but it would've been in Bush's best interest to have made such a false claim to victory earlier, it would be in Obama's best interest to show even more successes, etc. It's a weak argument at best.

Is this suiting enough for the conspiracy forums? I hope so lol.
Anyone have a answer to this puzzle?

Not really answers, but I obviously do have a ton of doubt. That said, in the end, it's always about what evidence is produced to support the claim. Without any, such a claim results in nothing more than an exercise about which conclusion a person can draw from a given premise - as demonstrated above -and that doesn't answer anything. It makes for a somewhat diverting mental exercise, but that's all it really rises to.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom