RandFan
Mormon Atheist
- Joined
- Dec 18, 2001
- Messages
- 60,135
He has a very real chance if he is elected to change the Supreme Court. I would say it is probable.But my main point is Romney is probably not even going to change that.
He has a very real chance if he is elected to change the Supreme Court. I would say it is probable.But my main point is Romney is probably not even going to change that.
The people who were good at this became discouraged during the Bush years, and many retired or went into other fields.
It's not his silly "the private sector is doing fine" statement, its the two statements taken together.
Logically, I don't understand how one can believe "the private sector is doing fine" and at the same time believe it "absolutely clear the economy is not doing fine" unless one somehow thinks the private sector is not really part of the "economy" or not a big enough part of the "economy" to matter.
I don't believe the sky will fall. I voted for Bush twice and we survived that. We can survive Romney. Of course. But Bush caused the death of tens of thousands of innocent people based on lies. He significantly changed the Supreme Court. It's not dire but then it's not inconsequential. You are painting a dichotomy where either everything is critical or everything is just fine. It's nonsense of course and you know it, otherwise, you wouldn't even be here in the politics forum if there were no significant consequences to politics. If it were all trivial then not many would give a damn. But you are here and "don't worry everything will be okay" is fatuous.Really? What ridiculous things have you cooked up in your head will come to pass if Romney is elected?
Ben, can you hazard a guess as to why those folks aren't coming back, the ones who went into different fields?
With such a severe skilled labor shortage, they should be able to command quite a premium to return.
Seems like a no-brainer.
He has a very real chance if he is elected to change the Supreme Court. I would say it is probable.
The question is nonsensical. Whatever "Bush" is, is entirely irrelevant to whether or not I have a problem with who he sent to the Supreme Court. Further, I made it clear what I think of those with whom he sent. So the question doesn't follow from the premise and I've answered the question.If Bush is the antichrist do you have a problem with who he sent to the Supreme court?
If Bush is the antichrist do you have a problem with who he sent to the Supreme court?
Did you see no problem with Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers?
BTW, some more statistics: government workers have the lowest unemployment rate (just 4.2% in March) of any sector of the economy.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm
BTW, some more statistics: government workers have the lowest unemployment rate (just 4.2% in March) of any sector of the economy.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm
Other terrible things we can do to generate jobs:
BTW, some more statistics: government workers have the lowest unemployment rate (just 4.2% in March) of any sector of the economy.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm
Holy ****! 4.2%!? No wonder Obama is more worried about those poor folks in the public sector!
Black youth unemployment will obviously have to wait. After all, they're mostly in the private sector and as we know, it's doing just fine.
That seems a good spanking on Obama. Interesting.Yes, but it should be 0%.![]()
See, now this I like. The project would take so long to implement and complete that we would all likely live in opulence and peace for a hundred years at least. Why the hell wouldn't we do this? I'm looking at you GOP.My favorite proposal to date is for the US Treasury to issue $852 quadrillion in bonds to build the Death Star. If we want to create 100% employment, why not do it in style?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/modest-proposal-boost-us-gdp-852-quadrillion-build-imperial-death-star
My favorite proposal to date is for the US Treasury to issue $852 quadrillion in bonds to build the Death Star. If we want to create 100% employment, why not do it in style?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/modest-proposal-boost-us-gdp-852-quadrillion-build-imperial-death-star
The question is nonsensical. Whatever "Bush" is, is entirely irrelevant to whether or not I have a problem with who he sent to the Supreme Court. Further, I made it clear what I think of those with whom he sent. So the question doesn't follow from the premise and I've answered the question.
Are you interested in a meaningful discussion or is this some kind of game simply to stroke your ego? I'm not really interested in that.
My main point being is.... If Bush's choices are fairly centrist (which you may or may not agree with)... I can't expect Romney's to be that much further to the right.
First off, I would really appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions about my ideological views. Next, please don't tell me to take it easy when you are not being clear. I'm not agitated or upset so there is nothing for me to "take easy". Just be clear.Take it easy.... I meant it like this. You are scared of Romney (more specifically how he will shape the your countries supreme court). You obviously don't like George Bush and wish you received your liberal awakening 10 years earlier....... I see Bush made 2 appointments to the Supreme court. I couldn't name them off hand so I looked them up. They seem fairly centrist to me. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure you could enlighten me as to why you dislike Bush's choices.... or maybe you don't mind them at all.... that's why I asked.
My main point being is.... If Bush's choices are fairly centrist (which you may or may not agree with)... I can't expect Romney's to be that much further to the right.
Continuing this odd derail, Sotomayor was not imo a top tier candidate either, yet Republicans on the Judiciary Committee rolled over like whipped dogs instead of going into difficult questions for her.Lots of conservatives did. That's why her nomination tanked so fast, without even a real battle: Bush's base didn't support her.